Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Best price to install Pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 09:47 PM
jabroney12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best price to install Pulleys

I just recently purchased a crank pulley and now im looking for a place to install it. I know performance installs it for 120$, anybody else find somewhere cheaper in So cal. The cost is still high considering im saving up for some rims next, ne recommendations or somebody here who will do it for a fraction of that cost. Let me know!
Old 03-25-2004, 05:56 AM
EL Diablo

I'd stick with Performance.
Why chance your Z to anyone for what will amount to just a savings of a couple of bucks?

If your like me and dont do the install of mods yourself why not have the best work on your car? if there are any problems I feel better knowing the Top Nissian Performance shop has may Z.
Also
Performance Prices are very good.

Good Luck
Old 03-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Phatmitzu

I got mine installed at some friends' shop at Impex Motorsports down at San Gabriel. I installed all my parts at both Performance Nissan and at Impex. Both does a great job. Some installations Impex is just cheaper. If you want, I can get you hooked up. PM me, your box is full.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:26 AM
bobowah

I would recommend Street Image for this one... but it's a pain to break the nut off the pulley. Have Performance Nissan do it.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:44 PM
all_bark

it took me about 30 minutes to change mine after I jacked up the car.

VERY EASY....
Old 03-25-2004, 08:09 PM
isalvus

what did you use to get the crank pully nut loose. iam getting mind tomorrow and was tring to prep the car so when it comes
just put it on but that nut seems imposible to get off! i cracked pieces of the fan housing using a hammer as a impact tool.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:43 AM
all_bark

get a torque wrench and slide a hollow pipe (about a 1" opening) over the torque wrench so it makes the wrench longer. Mine was extended to about 3 - 3 1/2 feet. I put a 2x4 against the brake pedal and wedged it against the seat (which had a board against it to protect the leather) so the car would not move. Put it in fifth or sixth gear (cant remember) and gently moved the elongated torque bar counter clockwise until it started to turn. Took about 10 seconds, no joke, easy as pie!

good luck...

btw - I think it is a 19mm socket but I may be wrong...
Old 03-26-2004, 08:18 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by all_bark
get a torque wrench and slide a hollow pipe (about a 1" opening) over the torque wrench so it makes the wrench longer. Mine was extended to about 3 - 3 1/2 feet. I put a 2x4 against the brake pedal and wedged it against the seat (which had a board against it to protect the leather) so the car would not move. Put it in fifth or sixth gear (cant remember) and gently moved the elongated torque bar counter clockwise until it started to turn. Took about 10 seconds, no joke, easy as pie!

good luck...

btw - I think it is a 19mm socket but I may be wrong...

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

NEVER EVER use a torque wrench to break a nut loose or you could F-up the calibration especially considering the amout of force you will be applying using the piece of pipe. Use either a breaker bar or a ratchet with a piece of pipe over the handle. That is what I did and I didn't have any problem. Done in about 30 minutes.