Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So Cal 350 Z Club stickers......

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 12:08 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's 1:04 am and I have a 7:15 am flight but since I took the time to read through this, I'm going to take the time to respond.

First, thank you to Ron, Nora, Chris. You have all put your heart and souls into making things happen and I appreciate it. I know that you have spent out of pocket funds to get things started and that's why I sat and sold 50/50 tickets at the Performance event. I hope that deffered some of your expenses.

That being said, I have to add that every club has not only a President but also a board of directors ie Secretary, Treasurer, Activities Director, Safety Officer, etc. I think one of the major mistakes of this club is that regular meetings were not held and these positions were not filled. I believe we would have had plenty of volunteers. I have been involved with Harley clubs for almost 15 years (was even Director of the local chapter for a few years...over 200 members) and they work because they listen to their members suggestions and do what's right for the majority. Decisions are made by the board with members input. Only way to run an airline in my book.

Dan, I agree 100%, many people that make up this club have been around long before the notion of a club was even a thought. We planned rides and meets and always had a great time. Why? Because we all talked about what we wanted to do and made it happen. No single voice...always a group effort. I think the way Lysa set up the BBQ was a great example of how things can work with member input. I commend her and nominate her for Activities Director...but for which club??? Ah hell, you decide and let me know..I have to get some sleep

Scaf...were the heck have you been...talk about someone that's been there from the beginning
Old 04-18-2004, 01:08 AM
peterhong

I am pretty much a noobie when it comes to the Southern California Forums as I rarely checked this part of the webpage until recently. I read all about the BBQ/Cookout and had every intention of attending the next event seeing as how everybody had good things to say and how everybody met some great people. However, after reading this thread and the other one, I guess I don't really need to attend the next event seeing as how there isn't really a cohesive unit working here.

I don't know anybody here personally and I have never met any of you, but I did plan on attending a future event to get to know you guys/girls. But after reading this, I just wanted to say that I for one will not be attending/joining any clubs and I guess I'll just continue to cruise the streets of Los Angeles and simply wave at the strangers in Zs. So I hope you guys get this matter cleared up and by continuing to put all this out in the public forums is definitely detracting people from joining/attending any future events hosted by you guys/girls. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:42 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

OK..It's 4:40 and I should be getting in the shower to head to the airport but first I have to say..

Peter...don't let this family squable keep you from an event...you will truely miss meeting a great group of folks
Old 04-18-2004, 05:47 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by AudioPat
Dan, I agree 100%, many people that make up this club have been around long before the notion of a club was even a thought. We planned rides and meets and always had a great time. Why? Because we all talked about what we wanted to do and made it happen. No single voice...always a group effort. I think the way Lysa set up the BBQ was a great example of how things can work with member input. I commend her and nominate her for Activities Director...but for which club??? Ah hell, you decide and let me know..I have to get some sleep
Thanks for posting Pat, you always come up with the straight answers. It's not for me to decide which club. I posted this in jest but it took up a life of its own. If you haven't read it, please do.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....091#post791091

I basically said in that thread that there should be no leader. You could actually look at it another way, everyone of us is a leader because all our opinions and efforts matter. The long and short of it is, I don't know if we really need or want a formalized club with a board of directors or if we just want to leave things status quo. Things were going fine without a formalized club. And, things were going well when Mr. T was organizing things too. Whatever the case maybe, I think it's something everyone in our group should talk about and maybe decide upon at a large get together.

Oh, and, yes, even though I wasn't able to make the event, from what I read and the pics I saw, I agree that Lysa did a great job organizing the bbq. It's one of the reasons I know her opinion shouldn't just be disregarded. That's the great thing about this group we have, we have a lot of great old timers and we have a lot of great new timers as well.

Safe trip Pat, and I'm sure we'll all think of something in the near future.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Elitemotion

Maybe everyone just needs to take a step back for a few days and all calm down. Than people can decide what to do. All the fighting will help no one and as you see above just hurt the Z community as a hole.

It's not really all this diffcult to have a good time and all meet together. Shhesh Red6 and I did meets for years when we both had a celica and they all turned out great, its just putting some effort to it and giving it a go and if the community really wants to meet up, they will come no matter what club, team or whatever they are in.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:34 PM
rodH

crap, just saw this thread today, what a shame. I am not sure what side I am on, or even what the big deal is. After reading through it, I guess the fight is over other people's opinions disagreeing with Mr T???

What we all need to understand is NO MATTER who leads this group now or in the future....is that is will require compromise on both sides. Thats just how life is. If one doesn't want to go to a certain event because of the style of event it is, location, etc...no biggey, just don't go. If someone doesn't agree on certain ideas, lets just talk it over. Lets act like adults and proceed. I am having a hard time understanding how this whole thing escaladed this fast??
Old 04-18-2004, 10:02 PM
Mr Twisted

Sorry stickers no longer available, idea was not voted on.......
Old 04-18-2004, 11:09 PM
jimster716

Damn shame what this all has come down to. If you guys want to join a club might as well join Group Z an already long established club. If you just want a 350Z club comprised mostly of people who have met at my350z.com, why hasn't anyone established a nomination/vote for officers?

I certainly appreciate MrTwisted's initiative and apparent experience but one's initiative can be confused as a power trip especially when decisions are being made exclusive of the membership. The whole thing about the website, club name, and stickers has created enough dissention just in the embryonic stages of this club that many members are going to harbor some resentment or even worse, apathy about joining a club like this. After reading the posts about the name, website, members-only, and stickers, I can't help but to think that a team is being created with its own set of requirements...a show team (ugh as if there weren't enough cars with performance mods so that they'll make it to the show convention hall just a bit quicker god forbid they should actually run on a track but i digress)

I think I'll stick to track events...all the ancillary stuff would now appear to be like church politics.

You guys should have another meet...have some nominations and votes (like club name) and proceed from that. Good Luck.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:39 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Nawww

Originally posted by jimster716
Damn shame what this all has come down to. If you guys want to join a club might as well join Group Z an already long established club...
Well.. the only problem with joining Group Z is that if you drive a 350Z, they shun you like a red-headed stepchild. I have already posted my experience with them.

This has all just gotten waaay too silly. Can't we all just get along?

-Chris
Old 04-19-2004, 09:12 AM
thumper90501

I have just discovered this thread today...and all I have to say is wow...unbelievable!

As a fairly new socal Z owner (9/03) I like to check the Southern California section to see if any local events are being scheduled. What attracts me to these events is a chance to see the different types of modifications in person as well as an opportunity to meet and talk with other Z owners.

So far, due to my travel schedule, I've only attended one event... the Pefromance Nissan event organized by Ron, Nora and the Perfromance guys. I thought it was a great event and well organized.

What I liked about that event and all events posted on this forum...is that they're open to all Z owners and even non-Z-owners.

What I don't like is when a group closes it's doors to others not like them or not like minded...whatever. I hate cliques!!!

So for me...I'll contine to troll the board for local events. There are a number of dedicated people who organize great events for all to enjoy. I imagine that there are quite a few others that share this opinion.

I only hope Ron and Nora ogranize other open events as well.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Scafremon

Default Re: Nawww

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
Well.. the only problem with joining Group Z is that if you drive a 350Z, they shun you like a red-headed stepchild. I have already posted my experience with them.

This has all just gotten waaay too silly. Can't we all just get along?

-Chris
Chris,

I seem to recall a "Letter to the Editor" that was published in a Z Magazine where a certain 350Z owner basically shunned the entire non-350Z Z community. Shortly afterwards, I read where this person was reconsidering the sentiments originally expressed, and appeared willing, at minimum, to try to keep an open mind about enthusiasts of older Z models.

But then, this same person was one of the first to become a cheerleader for a 350Z specific car club, and furthermore, was one of the first to want to become a member of an even more exclusive 'private' 350Z club.

Please do not take this as bashing. I see it simply as an evolution taking place among Z enthusiasts. Likewise, I am extremely confident that GroupZ will evolve also.

I have trouble understanding why the 350Z community seems so un-willing to get involved with the established Z car club in our area, myself included. I sincerely believe that the officers of GroupZ would enjoy having more 350Z members. Here is a car club that is responsible for this years Z convention, being held in our own backyard, and yet, as a whole, we seem to have no desire to particpate.

I honestly do not think we need to create another car club in So Cal. We can always set-up various runs and get-togethers through this forum, outside of any car club. But if being involved in an car club is a desire, I really do not see a need to look farther then GroupZ.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:28 PM
hfm

Default Re: Re: Nawww

Originally posted by Scafremon
I honestly do not think we need to create another car club in So Cal. We can always set-up various runs and get-togethers through this forum, outside of any car club. But if being involved in an car club is a desire, I really do not see a need to look farther then GroupZ.
We talked about this briefly on our recent run. I have the same feeling about GroupZ. They are associated with ZCCA and are listed as having 150+ members. They're at Z nationals and I know Pat is a member which means to me, they're worth joining.

The biggest problem is location. Most of us are Valley, LA, OC. Santa Ana/Inland Empire is just way too hard for us to have to travel for meets. I think this view is shared by many of us. Although, that doesn't seem to slow down Pat.

If only they were closer.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:17 PM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Re: Nawww

Chris,

I seem to recall a "Letter to the Editor" that was published in a Z Magazine where a certain 350Z owner basically shunned the entire non-350Z Z community. Shortly afterwards, I read where this person was reconsidering the sentiments originally expressed, and appeared willing, at minimum, to try to keep an open mind about enthusiasts of older Z models.
Jeff, yes and no. I have no problem with older Z cars or their owners. I agree with you that at first, I wanted a more 350Z oriented Magazine, but that was in addition to the current one. Not instead of it.

But then, this same person was one of the first to become a cheerleader for a 350Z specific car club, and furthermore, was one of the first to want to become a member of an even more exclusive 'private' 350Z club.
Well, when I first got my Z one of the first things I did was to look for a local group or club that I could go to where there would be others who shared my passion for the 350Z. I found GroupZ and it made no mention about being aimed toward older Z's, yet when my wife and I went to our first meeting, we were not welcomed very warmly (and eneded up leaving early because of it). I remember posting about my experience and you even agreed that they are more interested in the older Z's and see 350's as the "new kid on the block". If that's how they are, that's fine... they just need realize that they will not get many new 350Z owners to join. When I saw the post for a "new" 350Z club, I was very excited and so of course I became a cheerleader for the idea.

As for me wanting to join the "Private" club... yes, but that would be in addition to any other clubs or groups that were still in existence. Basically, I just want to hang out with other 350Z owners and have a good time in whatever I/we do. Whether that's a BBQ, or a Car Show. As I am sure most would agree, the main reason for getting involved in any club, group, team, etc is to have fun.

Please do not take this as bashing. I see it simply as an evolution taking place among Z enthusiasts. Likewise, I am extremely confident that GroupZ will evolve also.
I didn't take your post as bashing. You're still "OK" in my book.

I have trouble understanding why the 350Z community seems so un-willing to get involved with the established Z car club in our area, myself included. I sincerely believe that the officers of GroupZ would enjoy having more 350Z members. Here is a car club that is responsible for this years Z convention, being held in our own backyard, and yet, as a whole, we seem to have no desire to particpate.
Believe me Jeff, I would have LOVED to join GroupZ, but as they say, "you never get a second chance to make a first impression" and you already know my first impression of GroupZ.

As soon as GroupZ becomes a bit more 350Z friendly I think their membership will grow. At least by one if no more

-Chris

Last edited by ChrisMCagle; 04-19-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Scafremon

Chris.....

I've got the solution!

I cannot believe that neither you nor I thought of this sooner.

Are you ready??

GroupZ SuperCharger Challenge!

Thats right! The Challenge Lives!!

You've already got the domain name - put it to use!

Now, let's review the previous challenge. The goal was $64,400.00 in new business. I'd suggest we keep this number the same. That way, you can salvage the flash animation tote-board you created (good idea, eh?).

The $64,400.00 number equated to approx 2050 new 2 year magazine subscriptions at $31.00 a pop. Since a (1) year GroupZ membership costs $45.00, you would need to sell 1,431 new memberships. (Personally, I think the memberships would be much easier to sell).

Let's look at how you fared in the original challenge:

I think you acheived about $2,300.00 in subscriptions (going off of memory here...I forget actual number), and that took you about 6 mos to reach that number.

In the GroupZ Challenge, you would only need to sell (51) memberships to equal that number! Piece of Cake!

I'm sure you could think of penty of ways to get the word out to So Cal Z'ers about the club.

Now.... I need to clarify one thing. I am in no position to actually offer you this challenge. In addition, the club might feel a need to modify the numbers, if they elected to pursue it at all. But heck! You accepted the previous challenge without even a clue as to what your goal needed to be.

So whatdya think? Are you up for another challenge?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:27 AM
ChrisMCagle

Unhappy

...So whatdya think? Are you up for another challenge?
No, but thanks for the sarcasm.

Jeff, I am seriously trying to recall what I ever said to you to make you turn you against me so fiercely. Whatever it was, I apologize.

-Chris
Old 04-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Scafremon

Chris,

I wasn’t being sarcastic, and I’m sincerely sorry that it came across that way.

I was actually being quite serious, and believe it or not, I really thought (hoped) I would find one of your eager, positive posts in reply to it. In hindsight, I guess I could have worded my post differently in someway, so that maybe you would not have received it as sarcasm. It’s strange, in that I purposely didn’t include a ‘smiley’ at the end of it, because although I wanted it to be a ‘fun’ post, I thought a smiley might make you think it was a joke.

I emailed an officer of GroupZ before I checked the forum this morning, and asked him to review this thread, specifically the Challenge I had mentioned. I figured it couldn’t hurt to see if there was a possibility to make this happen.

Anyway, I feel bad that my post came across so wrong from it’s intended purpose. I hope I get a chance to apologize in person to you on Sunday at Motorsports Z Nationals.

Jeff
Old 04-20-2004, 08:30 AM
ChrisMCagle

...I hope I get a chance to apologize in person to you on Sunday at Motorsports Z Nationals.

Jeff
Jeff,

I guess I just read it wrong. My bad. Unfortunately, I'll be in Laughlin for the River Run from tomorrow until Monday so I'll miss the Motorsports Z Nationals. Perhaps I'll see you at the next Z event (whenever that my be, but hopefully soon).

-Chris

Last edited by ChrisMCagle; 04-20-2004 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:06 AM
bobowah

Default More Drama

Lovely
more drama between ChrisMCagle and Scarfemon

Hey Bullish you want to go at it again? Just to complete the circle?

any hoot.

Let just have some fun at these event's peterhong sorry you had to see this drama... which is typical on these boards...

But we all do have fun at these events.

-J

Last edited by bobowah; 04-20-2004 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:55 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: More Drama

Originally posted by bobowah
Lovely
more drama between ChrisMCagle and Scarfemon

Hey Bullish you want to go at it again? Just to complete the circle?

any hoot.

Let just have some fun at these event's peterhong sorry you had to see this drama... which is typical on these boards...

But we all do have fun at these events.

-J
bobowah,

I wouldn't say there's "drama" between Jeff and I. I have absolutely no animosity toward him whatsoever and I am pretty sure that he would say the same thing... at least I hope so

I'm just sad at how this whole thing has played out. This division of friends has gotten old and i'm done with it.

I propose that we all try to put this behind us and move on. Whether we consider ourselves a "club" or not doesn't really matter to me. I just want to hang out with friends and have a good time doing whatever we want. BBQ, beach, road trips, car shows... whatever.

-Chris
Old 04-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Scafremon

I think this thread is jinxed.

Quick Reply: So Cal 350 Z Club stickers......