Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Heart Castle - Mine and Jeff's story (pix to come)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heart Castle - Mine and Jeff's story (pix to come)

Well,

We jjust got back... Ill post up the pictures I got on Monday when I am in the office and on high speed net...

Castle was cool, never seen anything like that before... Wished my lady friend could have made it but oh wellz

On the way home sunday afternoon... Jeff and I where crusing down the 101 75-80MPH and occasionally blasting to 120 to pass people... only did that 2 times...

after the 2nd time... we were going about 75... and Ka band popped up onour radar detectors and we naturally dropped to 65 and let more space go between us... I was in back, jeff was in front...

the CHP sits on my rear quater panel for a good 5 minutes. While he was there there were 3 other CHP on the other side of the freeway one waiting to turn around and 2 dealing with another car they had pulled over... the CHP then says over the loud speaker "pull over im going to pull over your friend too"

So I pulled over and he says something about my window tint... then asks for my licence and registration... (of course i didnt have my reg...) he then asked me to start my car and put it in neutral and rev the motor...

he then went over to jeff and said the same thing and then a new CHP guy got there and started questioning me...

both nice guys etc...

the guy who was helping me out said... "I konw you have done stuff to this motor and im not going to ask, i would normally ask you to pop the hood but im not going to ask you this time... just keep your speed down" after he said that I said I have no problem opning my hood and then opened it... he said "no you dont have too ill close it for you..." he couldnt close it cuz my hood is all wierd carbon fiber like... so I got out, and he said since your out of the car i have to have you open it... so I opened it... the funniest thing was... my pop charger filter had fallen off the velocity ring! HAHAHAHAHAHHA So i was running an open filter for who knows how long.... i put it back on and said... oops..

NEITHER of us got a ticket thankfully!

They couldnt give us a ticket for speeding since they didnt get us on radar, we think one of them saw us when we were doing 75-80 further back...

However, both CHP wrote down our names / addresses / age / and licence plate numbers... we dont know why... but I guess we willfind out...

later on the drive down... we were in a construction zone... and I wanted to pass this person infront of me... so i passed on the right... looked into my rear view.. there was an unmarked CHP behind JEFF! i got really nervous so i got off at the exit that was rite infront of me... and watchedjeff go on... the CHP followed him for a while then sped off...

Ill post my herst castle pix monday...

nice meeing you guys!

Jason
Old 04-18-2004, 06:16 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy moly Jas... The CHP that pulled you over did you a big favor... imagine if a nice sized pebble just happened to find its way to the intake
Old 04-18-2004, 06:30 PM
frenzee

Nice report Jason. And to the CHP, I send our collective finger salute.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

This wa s great event... followed by some fun at Solvang. The CHP thing sucked.... but like Jason said.... they we both good guys and mine told me they were cracking down on the "street racers". After talking to me for a bit about the cars, our dealer, and the 350Z club.... I think they were alright with us. Just by a comment the officer said, I do however expect to get a "test station only" smog summons in the mail. We will see. Don't really care as our cars will pass easy enough.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:23 PM
rodH

interesting, so they want to rev your car and listen to it for what? Exhaust/headers, etc???? how do they know if it is CARB'd or not??

also, ANY MOD that is NOT legal can be swithed out pretty quick, so the test station thing is no big deal either (I know you guys are probably legal, but I am just mentioning).

I would guess they asked that based on the appearance of your car(s)???

I have never had this expereince, but my cars look pretty tame compared to yours
Old 04-18-2004, 08:49 PM
350ed
Professional

Maybe they wanted to hear the volume of the exhaust.
Glad they didn't hassle you too much.
Since when are people "street racing" on the highway?
Old 04-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

this is the 2nd time i had been pulled over by a CHP after a 350z meet and been asked to rev my motor...

in cali, over a certain dB level it is illigal... even if it is only a cat back exhaust...

and remember... jeff and i both have the 8lb tilton flywheel so our rpm's fly up very fast...
Old 04-19-2004, 01:36 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did they compliment your exhaust after you reved it?
Old 04-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by XBS
Did they compliment your exhaust after you reved it?
deep inside he wanted too
Old 04-19-2004, 09:05 AM
marques

ONLY ONE WORD>LUCKY<
Old 04-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Bullet

These CHP officers sounded alright to me since you were spared a ticket. I think they liked your cars and stopped you to check them out. It was nice meeting you up the castle.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:35 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Thumbs up to the CHP for being reasonable with you guys. If anything i'd recommend you two send letters commending the officers for being professional and not hassling you much. Things like that could encourage the officers and their watch commanders to less often promote the profiling of 'street racer' types.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by zxsaint
Thumbs up to the CHP for being reasonable with you guys. If anything i'd recommend you two send letters commending the officers for being professional and not hassling you much. Things like that could encourage the officers and their watch commanders to less often promote the profiling of 'street racer' types.
Good thought.... I'll have Jenny take care of that for us tomorrow.