Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Let's get this 350Z CLUB started! It starts HERE.....Read...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 01:57 PM
iLLestJrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clint,

That was well put together. We just like to have fun.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:30 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: This is how I see it.

Originally posted by EL Diablo
Let's keep it Really simple like it is now.

We should create an "Informal Club" Meaning keep everything the way it is now. No President or officers. Just people who like to organize. We have people doing this already. No obligations for the folks like me who just want to show up and have fun.

We should still organize and post upcoming meets and Events on my350z.com. It's a great resource that has served all of us well.

Naming the group makes it's easier to identify us. it creates a sense of comradeship and brands the group as an organized unit.

The website would be a place where we could view pics of past events. That’s it. We do this now on my350z.com and still should, but 6 months from now the BBQ thread will be buried in the back somewhere. The Site would be Our home that we could go to to see past events. Like an archive of the good times organized and in one central place. I think it would be great to see pics from the BBQ and then a click away is the latigo run pics.
For now I think we have been doing great just the way we are.

Again, my suggestion is

1. No "Offical" Club but a name for the Group everyone chooses and votes on.

2. No Presidents or Officers. Just people who Want to organize and people who want to show up.

3. A website with the club name where we would have one place to see organized pictures of our meets and events

That's my 2cents
Damn fine $.02.

As brought up in the BehinderZ thread, I thought the idea of no official club, no leader/officers was a good one and, that seems to be how everyone feels. However, we shouldn't exclude figuring out whether there really is any benefit at all to have a formal club. I think we need to kick this around some more, look at the pros and cons, because if there is some benefit with organized members, we may wish to take advantage of the opportunity.

You're absolutely right about the website as being a great idea for archive purposes.

Since the issue of formal clubs, directors and officers remains at discussion, I'll bring up the fact that my name has come up a couple times again. I really don't want any position because I don't want the responsibility. And, frankly, I'm too damn stubborn to make a good social leader. Really, someone like Audio Pat, Jeff A or Tom J would be better suited since they get along with everyone, are more mature, tolorant and possess greater experience. With the way things are going, unless someone comes up with a good reason for a formal club, directors and officers becomes moot. But, I wanted to make my exclusion from any position clear cause you don't want a jerk like me in any position.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:45 PM
callmeaflirt

I think the best idea would be to have a meeting that hopefully most could attend....Get all of the ideas and thoughts out in the open and then post a poll thru this site and vote on them. (Keep it anonymous.) We would need to vote on 1. Do we want an official club? 2. Group name? 3. Anything else..? Anyone have any ideas of a central meeting point for everyone? Also, Im thinking a weekend would be easier to get everyone together...Those coming from farther away wouldnt have to fight the traffic.....

Any thoughts on this?

Lysa
PS. Dan, I think you're terrific

Last edited by callmeaflirt; 04-22-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:59 PM
callmeaflirt

Oh yea, one more thought.....a car club is in no way considered a "gang"....Just thought I'd add that in....

Lysa
Old 04-22-2004, 03:59 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Hey Dan..thanks for the kind words but not sure what you mean by 'mature'...I certainly wouldn't label myself mature, unless ....maybe you're saying Tom, Jeff & I are OLD

If the decision is made to start a club I would be happy to offer any organizational info that might be of help. As far as being an officer though, don't think that would work as I may be on the road a lot this year. If I get the job that has been proposed to me I would be out of town every weekend till after Superbowl.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:07 PM
hfm

Originally posted by AudioPat
Hey Dan..thanks for the kind words but not sure what you mean by 'mature'...I certainly wouldn't label myself mature, unless ....maybe you're saying Tom, Jeff & I are OLD
Blah! Man, you're not going to get away with that guilt trip.

"I guess I just feel we don't have enough reason to join GroupZ. Actually, the only reason I can think of joining this group is that it seems to attract the more mature (and I don't mean just age) people. I mean, if you, Pat, Amy and Ed are members, it tells me maybe I should be a member. I think I need to talk with Pat or Amy about this more before I decide how I feel about the idea."

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....156#post802156

So there, neener neener, old man!
Old 04-22-2004, 04:16 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Thanks Dan..I feel better now
Old 04-22-2004, 04:31 PM
callmeaflirt

You guys are too funny!

Lysa
Old 04-22-2004, 07:05 PM
hpz

I'd love to join this club (or group, or whatever) so that I'll be able to meet all my Z friends again.

Ha
Old 04-22-2004, 08:21 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Hey Ha....(I love saying that)

Where have you been? Long time no see my friend! No need to join a club to see your old friends..just show up once in awhile!!! We all miss ya
Old 04-22-2004, 08:43 PM
ZRAYGO

im in...
Old 04-22-2004, 09:10 PM
BullishZ

HPZ!!! Where have you been! Good to see you buddy! You gotta come join us more often!
Old 04-23-2004, 06:17 AM
hpz

I've been into other things and rarely stopped by this forum. I still love my Z and will try to join Z activities more often.
Where are Iris, SnoopyZ, and those Z guys from San Diego?
Ha
Old 04-23-2004, 06:38 AM
callmeaflirt

I guess we are more of a group than a club, and thats cool...Does anyone have any suggestions for meeting places or meeting times that we can post a poll on?? Iwould like to get all the ideas out in the open.

Lysa
Old 04-23-2004, 08:02 AM
thumper90501

I like the idea of t-shirts...they're fun.

If the group decides on a logo I can have them silkscreened for about $6-8 a shirt (for a Hanes 100% cotton).

All I need is a JPEG of the logo.

Last edited by thumper90501; 04-23-2004 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:33 AM
hfm

Hey ha, welcome back. Snoop has been quiet for a long time. I believe Iris is MIA because of her work. The daygo guys are still in the big **** club. I think they lurk and only post when something is interesting enough.

Hope to see you around at the next meet.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:45 AM
callmeaflirt

thumper,
I think t-shirts is a great idea as well..Once we get a meeting place and time, we can decide on the group name, logo and other things...The t-shirts will not be for loyalty, they will be for unity.

Lysa
Old 04-23-2004, 01:25 PM
peterhong

I was definitely one of those people that opted out of joining any club because of the past posts that I read. However, I would love to attend any group meeting/run/etc.. in the future you guys/girls hold, given any time and geographical constraints of course.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:40 PM
callmeaflirt

Peterhong...
I think it would be a good idea for you to see the pics from our last couple events..You can see that everyone is having a good time. From the last couple threads here, it kinda turned ugly, but that is not how things are done at events. Keep in mind, we are all a lot nicer in person.

What I am trying to say is...come to one of the events, and you will see that for the most part, everyone attending has the same goal in mind...to have fun..And if you have that same goal, then you will definately fit along w/ the rest of us.

Lysa
Old 04-23-2004, 01:41 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with clint that we do not need a club for us to hang out and have fun. However, it would be nice to have a name that we can call ourselves to identify each other on the road.

I am with others who like clean cars. I do not like to paste stickers on my car. I even shaved off my 350z emblem. I guess a license plate frame with a group name may be acceptable though.

Maybe we can make a "My350z.com" license plate frames? But will Takao approve it? How about "Z Crew" (as TOM JONES suggested)?

Quick Reply: Let's get this 350Z CLUB started! It starts HERE.....Read...