Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Let's get this 350Z CLUB started! It starts HERE.....Read...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 06:27 AM
callmeaflirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason for my post was to see if anyone was interested in doing the "club" thing, or if they liked things the way they were, no structure. I would definately post a new thread to gather 1. names of the club (to be voted on), 2. nominations of council members, and 3. meeting time and place. I didnt want to put new threads to vote on these items if no one was really interested in being part of this "club".

I agree that area codes aren't the best way to choose, but I was almost off of work yesterday when I posted and I couldnt think of all the major so cal cities, so all I could think of was area codes..haha sorry

And one more thing, I wasn't volunteering for anything...I was simply trying to get the ball rolling on this issue...

So far, we have already received some website ideas...They all sound great... As for having the other website w/ forum/chat room, I got the idea from Dan. From the last thread that got COMPLETELY out of control on a PUBLIC forum, we ended up losing 1 (and we dont know how many others) because they first come on this board, see the bitter squabbles and assume we all suck (to say the least). Dan mentioned we should address the issue privately...THAT is the reason I think that a private forum would be a good idea...

Now again, these are all IDEAS that I received, either from other members speaking w/ me outside of the forum, or ideas from the posts....I haven't made MY decisions yet...I simply put all of the ideas in one spot and tried to get others decisions....

Like it was mentioned before, we dont want to exclude anyone. This club should be about having fun, meeting new people, making new friends and so forth...UNITY is key...

So if the majority is ready to go full steam ahead w/ a club, then I can start posting to get ideas for club name and so forth. They can be discussed at the next meeting, which we will decide soon. Eric's Hooters meet would be great..Maybe you guys can discuss it there. (I dont know if I will be able to make it, but when you DO discuss it, please post what was discussed...I would be curious )

Anyhow, do we want to restart this club, or no? In no way does this state MY position...Im just asking the question...

Oh yea, Eric and Hunter....Thank you. I appreciate your kind words I felt that since I came down hardest on the last couple threads, I needed to get this thing started again. Once it was started, others can take over

So what do ya say? New club, or leave it as is?

Lysa
Old 04-22-2004, 08:04 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Lysa...maybe without knowing it you are doing exactly what a good Board/Council does

Gathering info from the members so you can present it to the general membership for a vote...that's really what the 'structure' part of a club does

I don't really like the idea of two 'seperate' clubs but IMHO Ron seems to be most concerned with the highly modded cars..not that they should be excluded from our club (if we decide to go that way) but in some ways those folks do need to communicate with each other seperate from the masses...

I know I'm rambling..still trying to relax after several days of non-stop business

OK Eric...spell check this
Old 04-22-2004, 08:13 AM
callmeaflirt

Audio Pat,
Thank you.

I agree....A club shouldn't just be about the most highly modded cars...A club is about unity, having fun and hanging out. That is the basis of a club....Our one same interest is the car. If the car brought us together, cool...but it is not the ONLY thing that will keep us together...

Like it was said before, cars come and go. Friends are forever. And that couldnt be more true here.

So thanks again Pat..

Lysa
Old 04-22-2004, 08:25 AM
neocypher
Banned

A club is about unity, having fun and hanging out.
doesn't this forum do that already?
Old 04-22-2004, 08:34 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by neocypher
doesn't this forum do that already?
Absolutely it does...we have been putting rides and events together on this forum with great success since day one...will we continue to do this with or without a 'club'...of course...so why a club?...good question Pat...what does everybody think..come on, let's hear it (actually I think we're now back to Lysa's original question)...funny how that happens
Old 04-22-2004, 08:38 AM
callmeaflirt

HAHA Yes this forum is about unity, but the last week or so has thrown some salt into the mix....
So back to the question at hand...
what does everyone think?

Lysa
Old 04-22-2004, 09:51 AM
la300zxtt

Well my experinces from another club TEAM Shift, we all had nissan's and loved our cars, and because of that we hung out, as far as the club went we had stickers and a forum. And it was just a good way to keep in contact with each other. Also schedual events and such. It's not like if we become a club things will change, becuase its all about who takes the inicitive as a quote "leader" of course its still a democracy but when you have one person you can go to that has a good idea whats going on (weather it be events or shows and what not) it makes things that much easier. And I find that the leader tends to be the one that steps up and takes that role. So far from what I've noticed that seems to be Ron and Dan. Not that there dictating whats going on. IMHO I think to call our selfs a club would be a great idea and a load of fun. Because its about recognition. Not only amoungst our selfs but amoungst other Z owners as well. Because I know a lot of times I see Z's I give them a thumbs up and they look at me funny like WTF??? That way when other people see us on the raod they know.. "Were not just ******** who bought the car and know nothing about it, were into the History and heritage of it also"

Cliff Notes:
1.Club = Good
2. Ron and dan look like they make good leaders
3. Other Z owners look at me funny when i give them a thumbs up.
4. Treat the club like a democracy and be fair and it will last
5. I'm kewl....
Old 04-22-2004, 09:57 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

If I see ya on the road I'll definately give you a thumbs up back

Guess it comes from riding a Harley..don't care what your ridin as long as your ridin
Old 04-22-2004, 10:02 AM
la300zxtt

funny though last night I had a g35 act like an *** catch up with me and give me a thumbs up I was like do u post on any sites hes like nah but I love those cars... (go figure and my car sucks....)
Old 04-22-2004, 10:21 AM
callmeaflirt

I would def give you a thumbs up if I saw you on the road! You saved my *** at the run...If you hadn't heard us on the radio, I would probably STILL be getting my a$$ chewed out from my bf.. "We had to get up this fricken early for THIS!!??!!" But anyhow, Im glad you found us

Back to the topic......I believe Dan is a good leader as well. But he mentioned previously that he didn't want that position, or any position. So we would need to find a new leader, one that would listen to everyones suggestions...

If most people WANT this club, then I can start posting new threads...One to figure out a good meeting place. One for the name of the club. It can all be voted on at the next meeting...

Ill give it a couple days before I post anything of that sort..I want to give this thread a little bit more time for people to post their thoughts, opinions and ideas....

Lysa
Old 04-22-2004, 10:25 AM
EL Diablo

Default This is how I see it.

This is how I see it.

Who are we?

The majority of us are Z owners who like to meet, Socialize, and Drive our cars. I don’t believe most of are looking to be a part of a show team or a club looking for sponsorship at events, etc. I personally don’t want to be part of a club whose events are more about the promotion and event then the people.
Let's keep it Really simple like it is now.

Someone who likes to organize posts an idea for a meet, based from the responses the event is scheduled or it's not.

We should create an "Informal Club" Meaning keep everything the way it is now. No President or officers. Just people who like to organize. We have people doing this already. No obligations for the folks like me who just want to show up and have fun.

We should still organize and post upcoming meets and Events on my350z.com. It's a great resource that has served all of us well.

Club name.

Why a name?
Naming the group makes it's easier to identify us. it creates a sense of comradeship and brands the group as an organized unit. It's nicer to say you hang with the The SoCal 350z Club for example than say me and some friends who have Z's hang out.

We should all have input in the creation of the group name.
A Club Naming Thread should be created and all members should pick names and vote on the one they like most. Then that’s the name!

The Club Website.

I can volunteer to:
have a web site created, free web hosting and picture/movie updating of latest events thrown by the "Club"

Why a Club website and not just use my350z.com?

The website would be a place where we could view pics of past events. That’s it. We do this now on my350z.com and still should, but 6 months from now the BBQ thread will be buried in the back somewhere. The Site would be Our home that we could go to to see past events. Like an archive of the good times organized and in one central place. I think it would be great to see pics from the BBQ and then a click away is the latigo run pics.

Someone always has a camera at an event. Just forward the pics to me and I will create a page for that event for all of us to enjoy.
I'll post the pics as soon as I can, it doesn’t take long at all.
We have about one event every 6 to 8 weeks that is really worthy of documenting and looking at pics of.

I personally don’t have time to Webmaster a website that is robust and full of all types of content that needs regular updating.
What I can do is create a new picture archive for the latest event
that our members were a part of. Events like the Latigo Canyon Run, the BBQ, The Performance Nissan meet. We could visit our site and easily see the pictures from an event.

And that’s it. If it turns out the responses at meets snowballs into the need for something bigger and people are into it then we can pursue those ideas. For now I think we have been doing great just the way we are.

Again, my suggestion is

1. No "Offical" Club but a name for the Group everyone chooses and votes on.

2. No Presidents or Officers. Just people who Want to organize and people who want to show up.

3. A website with the club name where we would have one place to see organized pictures of our meets and events

That's my 2cents

Last edited by EL Diablo; 04-22-2004 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Thumbs up Re: This is how I see it.

Originally posted by EL Diablo
This is how I see it.

Who are we?

The majority of us are Z owners who like to meet, Socialize, and Drive our cars. I don’t believe most of are looking to be a part of a show team or a club looking for sponsorship at events, etc. I personally don’t want to be part of a club whose events are more about the promotion and event then the people.
Let's keep it Really simple like it is now.

Someone who likes to organize posts an idea for a meet, based from the responses the event is scheduled or it's not.

We should create an "Informal Club" Meaning keep everything the way it is now. No President or officers. Just people who like to organize. We have people doing this already. No obligations for the folks like me who just want to show up and have fun.

We should still organize and post upcoming meets and Events on my350z.com. It's a great resource that has served all of us well.

Club name.

Why a name?
Naming the group makes it's easier to identify us. it creates a sense of comradeship and brands the group as an organized unit. It's nicer to say you hang with the The SoCal 350z Club for example than say me and some friends who have Z's hang out.

We should all have input in the creation of the group name.
A Club Naming Thread should be created and all members should pick names and vote on the one they like most. Then that’s the name!

The Club Website.

I can volunteer to:
have a web site created, free web hosting and picture/movie updating of latest events thrown by the "Club"

Why a Club website and not just use my350z.com?

The website would be a place where we could view pics of past events. That’s it. We do this now on my350z.com and still should, but 6 months from now the BBQ thread will be buried in the back somewhere. The Site would be Our home that we could go to to see past events. Like an archive of the good times organized and in one central place. I think it would be great to see pics from the BBQ and then a click away is the latigo run pics.

Someone always has a camera at an event. Just forward the pics to me and I will create a page for that event for all of us to enjoy.
I'll post the pics as soon as I can, it doesn’t take long at all.
We have about one event every 6 to 8 weeks that is really worthy of documenting and looking at pics of.

I personally don’t have time to Webmaster a website that is robust and full of all types of content that needs regular updating.
What I can do is create a new picture archive for the latest event
that our members were a part of. Events like the Latigo Canyon Run, the BBQ, The Performance Nissan meet. We could visit our site and easily see the pictures from an event.

And that’s it. If it turns out the responses at meets snowballs into the need for something bigger and people are into it then we can pursue those ideas. For now I think we have been doing great just the way we are.

Again, my suggestion is

1. No "Offical" Club but a name for the Group everyone chooses and votes on.

2. No Presidents or Officers. Just people who Want to organize and people who want to show up.

3. A website with the club name where we would have one place to see organized pictures of our meets and events

That's my 2cents

Agree 100%...........
Old 04-22-2004, 11:12 AM
thumper90501

Agree X2
Old 04-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Wedge

El Diablo....I think you hit the nail square on the head with that one. Excellent post, full of common sense.....
Old 04-22-2004, 11:15 AM
MastaKillaZ

whichever way it goes... club or no club, I'm down!!!

BTW, not to be a party pooper but does "shiftz" sound too much like "*****" to anyone else but me?
Old 04-22-2004, 11:49 AM
callmeaflirt

I agree...Well said El Diablo.

Lysa
Old 04-22-2004, 11:55 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well put El Diablo! I agree!!
Old 04-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Phatmitzu

Yes, yes and yes. Like the picture album idea, I love to view pictures of the events(still waiting to see mine from the BBQ meet...)

I dont want any stickers on my car...but I would love to wear a t-shirt to the events tho. T-shirts anyone?

Old 04-22-2004, 01:07 PM
BullishZ

Diablo, u are the man. Nice post.

T-shirts and all that will come AFTER naming the club. But once it's rolling... I believe Zman23 can design an embroidery kinda thing for us at his work.

Start thinking of names for the club!
Old 04-22-2004, 01:22 PM
neocypher
Banned

sorry didn't mean to throw a wrench into the wheels. Not trying to stir up trouble. It just seems to me that this "CLUB" thing is was turning into something else. I just don't feel the need to call myself something to feel better nor do I need a name to associate and unit with other Z owners. As far as I can tell all it takes is one person to throw out "the club name" and start s**T with another club. If it's unity that I'm after then it really doesn't require a name. Quite frankly I would feel edgy being a member of an Club/Gang/Organization. If it's a name you want just tell me your name and thats good enough for me.

It's seems to me, and i may be wrong, but most people have the perception that just because I drive a Z I'm into drag racing. Not the case .... I would consider myself just a proud owner of fine automobile.

I would feel more than happy to stick with my350z.com **alittle kiss up to the moderators** As for websites I say anyone who wants to display their talents go for it I would love to see your work. As for Unity ... if i decide to put up a website, those who do not have one are more than welcome to share my space and display anything (within legal boundries).

With all thats been said and done in these forums ... I already see the unity and friendships here and hope to become a part of it soon. All of you are good people and I'm PROUD and glad that I have found this site with a COMMUNITY that has already been built. You all seem very fun and likeable and I look forward to meeting with you all soon.

****if it ain't broke don't fix it.****

As for Mr Twisted thread
OK....... I'm SORRY. I was wrong.
No need to apoligize. I don't think you did anything wrong. All you did was speak your mind as everyone else did. Your are brave for taking the inititive and although you idea fell through. I don't see your reputation in this community as being
shot to h*ll
I hope you'll still be a part of this community and I'd like to meet you and see your car. Same for everyone else.

***with all the nice things i said about this forum...mr moderator how about a prize

Quick Reply: Let's get this 350Z CLUB started! It starts HERE.....Read...