Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Taking group name suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Phatmitzu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LaoSiFu
"Z-Fu" means "Master" in Cantonese
LOL...always thought your handle was funny. Old Master?

Old 04-23-2004, 07:09 PM
LaoSiFu

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
LOL...always thought your handle was funny. Old Master?

Actually Mark, Lao is my family name. Don't ask me why it isn't spelled LAU, but in Chinese it is spell the same. I guess same goes with Lee, Ly, Li...

Old Master??? that is a first, never heard that one before. I wonder thats what everyone think.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Hunter Z
Banned

Default I told you no one ever agrees with me

I just like the get togethers, BBQ's and especially the canyon runs. I hope I can interest more of you in the budding 350Z Challenge, which has its first event on the big road course at Willow Springs Raceway on June 4.

If you have never driven your car on a racetrack, don't miss it. Instructors are available. If you don't go to this event, go to any high performance driver's education event at any of the racetracks in California. It is the most fun you will ever have with your clothes on. LMFAO
Old 04-23-2004, 08:46 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Hunter..I know you said nobody ever agrees with you but I for one do...Just because we limit membership to 350Z owners/leasers/ & sig others, doesn't mean that other car owners can't join in the fun. I think keeping the group/club/gathering 350Z exclusive also allows us to not step on the toes of GroupZ, an already long established all Z club.

BTW Hunter..I also agree about Willow Springs and the experience of driving on a course...my wife bought me a two day performance driving school for Christmas with Danny McKeever at the Streets of Willow...the most fun I ever had over two days...will definately make the June 4 day if schedule permits

So Cal Z33 Crew

works for me

Hope to see a lot of you at the Z Nationals Sunday...I'll be parking with GroupZ
Old 04-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Hunter Z
Banned

Default Self-depricating humor

I have had so much trouble on this board, that I find humility is the only thing that works.

My first track event was at Streets of Willow, and I have been back there a couple of times since. It is my least favorite track of all the ones I have been to. In addition to Streets, I have run at Big Willow, Spring Mtn. in Nevada, and Buttonwillow. In a high horsepower car like a 350Z, you want some long straightaways. The big road course at Willow Spring Raceway, which we are running on June 4, has them in spades. You can hit 125 - 130 mph on the front straight before braking for turn 1. You don't get going anywhere near that fast at Streets of Willow.

Hope you can make it.

Last edited by Hunter Z; 04-23-2004 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:43 PM
all_bark

whats the cost for the day at Big Willow?

I loved the streets but as you say, you do not come close to 130 on that track!

I want SPEEEEEEED!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by AudioPat
Just because we limit membership to 350Z owners/leasers/ & sig others, doesn't mean that other car owners can't join in the fun. I think keeping the group/club/gathering 350Z exclusive also allows us to not step on the toes of GroupZ, an already long established all Z club.
Pat,

I think you have mentioned a couple items worth further discussion.

I'm guessing by 'sig others' you mean like spouses, partners, and family. I don't think you are using this term as a 'catch-all' for anyone who doesn't own/lease a 350Z. (If you did mean it as 'everyone else', there would be no reason to state that membership is limited). So an enthusiast but non owner (loves the 350Z - drives a mini-van) would not be able to be a member, yet they could participate in some or all activities. (They could however join GroupZ, because although the club is geared to owners of Z's, it doesn't require ownership of a Z to be a member).

This limited membership concept agrees with your other comment about being exlcusively 350Z, so as not to step on the toes of GroupZ.

I've got two opposing opinions on the topic of stepping on the toes of GroupZ.

One is that this forum and it's members, and the club/group(whatever) they want to form should not worry for one second about possibly stepping on the toes of GroupZ. Many of them may not have heard of GroupZ until recently, and some of those that have it appears were not impressed or excited about what they have heard and/or experienced. GroupZ could have done a much better job of exposing themselves to this forum's members, and by not doing so, makes even me wonder if they (as a group) want us as club members.

On the other hand, anything this forum and it's members do in so far as forming a club related to Z's is stepping on the toes of GroupZ, even if it is 350Z exclusive. I even think that the car club Mr Twisted wants to be the leader of is a slap to GroupZ, if it is done outside of GroupZ. (For the record, my impression is that Ron wants to be the leader of an exclusive group of highly modified 350Z's, Z's that make all of our jaws drop, and while I never felt that me and my base model Z would fit into that group, I think it would be awesome to have Ron and his group as a part of GroupZ, recent personality conflicts not withstanding).

Bottom line is that I think everything the members of this forum want from a club can be obtained by joining GroupZ, and by keeping alive the comraderie they have created through this forum.

Ok. I'm done. Almost.....

I hope I haven't lost any friends over my recent multitude of posts relating to GroupZ. I promise to stop now. GroupZ is an option for everyone, and that is all I wanted to point out.

I plan on talking to GroupZ this weekend to find out for myself if indeed they are even interested in our membership. If I get the feeling they are not, I will make one last GroupZ related post, just to apologize for all my posts.

Pat: If you are upset with me at all for using your post to initiate this final rant, I will bare my toes for you on Sunday, so you may squish them.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:58 PM
pasadena_z

Since we all live in soCal and we love cars doesnt "SOCAL" work?
Attached Thumbnails Taking group name suggestions!-socal_web.gif  
Old 04-23-2004, 11:06 PM
pasadena_z

how about "3FIVEZEROZ"
Attached Thumbnails Taking group name suggestions!-3fivezeroz.gif  
Old 04-23-2004, 11:13 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Jeff...you are, and always will be my 'Secret Agent Man' and I mean that in the most homophobic way (for those seeking the inner meaning of what I just said, you must look long and hard into the ***** of this forum for enlightenment)

You bring up a couple good points but truth be told I never realized that GroupZ allowed non Z owning members

In my Harley Chapter we have events almost every weekend that are exclusively for members riding Harleys. Throughout the year we also have "open" events that anyone on any bike can join. This is kind of what I'm suggesting.

In the broader scope of things, having a club for all car enthusiasts might be a good thing. I just feel a 350Z exclusive club would be even better.

A side note..I received an invitation today to join Fresh Alloy Car Club with a yearly dues of $49.95

I will indeed see you Sunday. I should be parked with the GroupZ folks (I am a member you know). Don't think my car is worthy of the Twisted group...no mods except my incredibley cool patented 'Zee-Bracket'

Last edited by AudioPat; 04-23-2004 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:15 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by pasadena_z
how about "3FIVEZEROZ"
OHHHHHHH I LIKE THAT....great job on those graphics

Always nice to see a professional's work
Old 04-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Scafremon

Originally posted by AudioPat
OHHHHHHH I LIKE THAT....great job on those graphics

Always nice to see a professional's work
I agree! Nice!
Old 04-23-2004, 11:24 PM
pasadena_z

thank you sirs...long time no see Pat.
Attached Thumbnails Taking group name suggestions!-bluetored350z.gif  
Old 04-23-2004, 11:28 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Movin up in the world I see

Are you going to the Nationals this weekend? Hope to see ya there
Old 04-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Scafremon

>> I never realized that GroupZ allowed non Z owning members

I hope they do, since I stated it like it was a fact. Actually, I'm sure at some of the meetings i have been to, when they annouced new members, some of these people stated that they did not own Z's (which got a roar of boo's from the crowd)

>> I should be parked with the GroupZ folks (I am a member you know).

Of course I know. They haven't given me my shirt yet, because they say you got the last XL.

See you Sunday!
Old 04-23-2004, 11:33 PM
pasadena_z

What Nationals?
Old 04-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Scafremon

pasadena....you've got a PM
Old 04-23-2004, 11:47 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by pasadena_z
What Nationals?
https://www.zcarparts.com/registration_form.htm
Old 04-24-2004, 12:02 AM
ppw350Zunit

what about:

Z-Unit

Old 04-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Hunter Z
Banned

Default $120

all_bark -

The cost of the 350Z Challenge racetrack event on the big road course at Willow Spring Raceway on Friday, June 4 is $120. The track also charges a $10 gate fee. If you want an instructor, it is $10 to share with 2 other drivers, or $30 for one-on-one instruction. Timing equipment is free, a $20 value.

If you want to be on the e-mail list for updates about the June 4 event, PM me with your e-mail address.

Quick Reply: Taking group name suggestions!