Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego GTGs.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Mr Enzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by protocav
What happened to you last night? i was coming right back.

was it something i said?

Sorry had to do some x-mas shopping....I have been putting it off for too long....and no it was not something you said.....there will be other days....btw I have the cashiers check that I am sending to the guy I am purchasing my procharger from and should have it by early next week....is there an install in my future???....$$$$$$....will you be out on tues next week...also is this a good deal and/or good idea for my F/I install.....

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=103639

Last edited by Mr Enzo; 12-23-2004 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:50 AM
paredyme

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
You must of course factor in that Chad is a MUCH more experienced driver then you. It takes LOTS of prcatice to be able to things quickly in a car.

Hmmm...I thought I was shifting pretty quickly, then again, what I think don't mean sh*t if it's wrong.

Rob or Chad, would either of you guys mind if you do a quick 0-60 run in my car to show me how it's done? (as long as you don't rape and jackhammer the car like Jimbo does).
Old 12-23-2004, 08:57 AM
JimRHIT

seriously, **** you guys

i can drive just fine
Old 12-23-2004, 09:00 AM
protocav

Default Re: Hat-trick

Originally posted by paredyme
A little bit of good news: my revised best 0-60 run is 5.77

Still, my best run is .11 off from Chad's, and he has a heavier car, and less mods, which emphasizes yet again that my car is slow

i'm not a mathematician or anything but 5.77 - 5.50 = .27 seconds. that is still a good time, and practice will make your times better. if you and i raced from 0-60 in our cars, .27 seconds is probably only a half a car length.

i also have those heavy *** rims (albeit they are wider).
Old 12-23-2004, 09:01 AM
paredyme

Default Re: Re: Hat-trick

i'm not a mathematician or anything but 5.77 - 5.50 = .27 seconds.

btw...let's not make fun of Jim today; he's in his defensive mode
Old 12-23-2004, 09:02 AM
protocav

Originally posted by Mr Enzo
Sorry had to do some x-mas shopping....I have been putting it off for too long....and no it was not something you said.....there will be other days....btw I have the cashiers check that I am sending to the guy I am purchasing my procharger from and should have it by early next week....is there an install in my future???....$$$$$$....will you be out on tues next week...also is this a good deal and/or good idea for my F/I install.....

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=103639

i will be there every tuesday!!

that is a good deal on the infectors (110 each!!) but i was under the impression that technosquare already did have this map ready. i wouldn't think that there would be any difference in programming between RC or PE injectors.

Chad
Old 12-23-2004, 09:10 AM
JimRHIT

You can go to a race and say .... well I only lost because my buddy wasn't driving my car??
Old 12-23-2004, 09:12 AM
JimRHIT

and what does 0-60 mean on the street anyways .... you race past that almost always from a dig

More often than not you will be racing from a roll .... worry about your trap speed in the 1/4 for that (the motto of all supras - IRS+fast car = no traction, ergo race from a roll)
Old 12-23-2004, 09:14 AM
paredyme

Chad, the depressing thing about the 5.77 is that it's slower than C&D's time of 5.4 and R&T's time of 5.6, even though I was in 49 degree weather and R&T was in 75 degrees; and I'm modded, they're stock.

But what do you think about the 1/8 mile trap speed of 82mph in 9.1 seconds? Kinda high trap speed for the 1/8, right? I'm very curious and intrigued about this statistic.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:15 AM
JimRHIT

and for the trifecta ... im just cranky because my entire family but me is in PR now on the beach (just got a call from them ) and I am stuck in an office with NO ONE, seriously ... we have about 7 people here right now, and I was the only one in on time today.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:17 AM
JimRHIT

Josh .... who gives two shtis what a magazine runs ... you are not a magazine ... life is not a magazine...

race another car, a Z perhaps .. then care about your car being fast or slow, depending on the outcome ...

if you want to bench race .... run over to www.magazinetimesownme.com or something
Old 12-23-2004, 09:18 AM
paredyme

Originally posted by JimRHIT
You can go to a race and say .... well I only lost because my buddy wasn't driving my car??

Relax Jim, I'm only kiddin' around here

You drive fast, no doubt about it.....but seemingly at the expense of your car.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:19 AM
paredyme

oooohhhhhmmmmmmmmm...................

oooooohhhhhhmmmmmmmmm......................
Old 12-23-2004, 09:21 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by JimRHIT
and for the trifecta ... im just cranky because my entire family but me is in PR now on the beach (just got a call from them ) and I am stuck in an office with NO ONE, seriously ... we have about 7 people here right now, and I was the only one in on time today.
Sounds like my job.,..In unrelated news anyone going to Fashion Valley Mall today. I need to go pick up something for the wife. She was bitching about me giving her all her gifts already and not having something to open under the tree. I suggested putting her truck on blocks and I'd wrap her rims and tires up and she could open them, but she didn't like that idea. She even called me an *******? me? So I guess I need to make an appearance at Tiffany & Co and spend some more of my hard earned money...Anyone game? Chad I know you haven't gotten anything for your girl yet. Cuz you are JUST as lazy as me.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:23 AM
JimRHIT

the expense of my car? doubt it

how do you think the magazines get the times they post ?
Mr Enzo

i will be there every tuesday!!

that is a good deal on the infectors (110 each!!) but i was under the impression that technosquare already did have this map ready. i wouldn't think that there would be any difference in programming between RC or PE injectors.

Chad

So do you think it is a good idea or necessary to get these with the addition of a S/C? And what is the benefit?
protocav

jim is right. its not that big of a deal.

you can never say "i have mods, so my car should be faster". many times, the mods hurt your 0-60, and help you 1/4 mile. i don't know what it is, but i bet it is the practice thing.

when my car was stock, i was able to match, or beat what they had said about my car in the magazines as far as 0-60...but not every time i tried. sometimes it was slower. just keep practicing, but dont get any tickets!!

i will see what i can get in your car sometime...maybe sunday, or monday, when there is no traffic at the 0-60 spot, and it is light outside.

Chad
MIAPLAYA

Josh on the subject of mag times...it does get old quick. Mag times are good if you don't own the car but since you have a Z the best thing to do is forget what the mags run. Practice till you think you have it down then hit the track. Its the only way you'll ever learn. I know plenty of guys who have cars and say "Oh my car runs a 13.8" Cuz they read it somewhere. then they go to the track and get clowned for a 14.6
Old 12-23-2004, 09:26 AM
JimRHIT

ATI + PE 380s + reflash = well tuned, fast car.

Most of the ATI guys that had issues with timing, fuel, etc switched to this and the AAM return style fuel system and couldnt be happier.

Yes, they are a good, but expensive idea .... but a much cheaper idea than a blown motor
Old 12-23-2004, 09:26 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by Mr Enzo
So do you think it is a good idea or necessary to get these with the addition of a S/C? And what is the benefit?
The last time I posted about it in F/I the guy said he was running PE 380CC injectors a Walboro 255, and a TS reflash. He was getting GREAT AFRs and making nice amounts of power. I would definitely go for the 380cc injectors if you are getting a good deal. Theres no such thing as TOO safe.

Quick Reply: San Diego GTGs.....