Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego GTGs.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 09:13 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Anybody want to buy some Z parts??

I got

RH C4s
Hotchkis TVS1
Perf Nissan A-Arms
SBC Rear Camber and Toe

Borla TD Exhaust
Kinetix Plenum
JWT PopCharger

Pioneer AVIC-D1
Pioneer 301XMT
Pioneer Premier TSW12PRS Subs 12" x 2
Custom fiberglassed box with 10" high-excursion sub
Klipsch custom fiberglassed horns for kick panels incl/ mids and XOs
Phoenix Gold M44
JBL BP1200.1
2/0 power wires ... custom made interconnects ... everything first-rate

Custom Black Leather/Black Suede seats (stock track seats)

Valentine One w/ concealed display w/ mount for rear window stealth install

.... I am not sure if I am "there" yet ... but I am thinking it is time to start something new.....

Jim, as much as I hope you don't do it I know the feeling...I may be interested in the Hotchkis springs...
Old 12-21-2005, 09:23 AM
JimRHIT

Aight.

Josh 350Z - the seats that are for sale are my track seats that have been custom re-upholstered in Black suede inserts/blacks leather outside and backing.

JoshG35 .... I am not 100% there .. but LA and and slammed (and its not even that low) 350Z are not two things that go together. And yeah .. the window is a lil' *****.

Rob .... do I want to do this? .. not really ... but when I have to sit back and continually question if I really want this thing or need to be spending so much on it .... I need to re-evaluate my situation and think about it for real .... I have done that over the past few months now .... and it looks like it's time to go...

Front runners right now look like the:
IS250AWD 6AT
Acura TL 6MT

trailing the pack is the
G35x
S4
Old 12-21-2005, 09:40 AM
protocav

dude...
Old 12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
JimRHIT

yes .... ?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
MIAPLAYA

Aight.

Josh 350Z - the seats that are for sale are my track seats that have been custom re-upholstered in Black suede inserts/blacks leather outside and backing.

JoshG35 .... I am not 100% there .. but LA and and slammed (and its not even that low) 350Z are not two things that go together. And yeah .. the window is a lil' *****.

Rob .... do I want to do this? .. not really ... but when I have to sit back and continually question if I really want this thing or need to be spending so much on it .... I need to re-evaluate my situation and think about it for real .... I have done that over the past few months now .... and it looks like it's time to go...

Front runners right now look like the:
IS250AWD 6AT
Acura TL 6MT

trailing the pack is the
G35x
S4

Bro I know you wont belive me but I've been thinking the same thing myself the last couple months. I know if I keep this car I'm just going to keep dropping money into it to get faster, handle better, be safer, be more reliable on the track. I've been SERIOUSLY considering ditching this car for the last couple weeks myself. I think its just cause I'm used to new cars. It seems I get a new car every 2 years. I damn near pulled the trigger on an Altima SE-R a couple weeks ago. But in the end I couldn't bring myself to do it. No matter how much crap is broken on my car when you fix it you fall in love with it again. Me and Chad talked about this the other day..whenever my car is dirty, or broken I just want to get rid of it. I hate driving it, I hate it. Once I get it all washed up and fixed I love it again. I don't know its weird. Well wahtever you decide good luck with it. But I hope you keep the Z.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:20 AM
g35pm

Yeah, LA roads in our cars suck *****. There are more nasty potholes, tighter parking, more parallel parking, traffic, more dumb drivers, and more steep driveways. I used to trip about the lowered thing, but the Z and G are low to begin with. I used to scrape when I was stock height, so I figured might as well lower it. Then again, I don't live in LA and I have the 240 (the thing feels like a truck) to drive to crappy places.

No TL though, I can't stand that line on the side of the car. IS250 is pretty sweet, I don't think you can turn the traction control off though. S4? Isn't that bucks?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:43 AM
JimRHIT

Rob pretty much nailed it ... its the mods that really make it a hassle.

Car dirty = sell it
Car broken = sell it
Car clean = dayyyyyyummmm ...I love this thing .. let's go for a drive ... then bam, pothole ... oh crap I can't buy gas there b/c I don't think I can get in there. Or hey .. I am home .... scraaaaaaape ... "phew .. got in the parking garage w/o to bad of a scape this time" ... it's just bothering me lately.

Honestly, the IS250 and IS350 are my most likely options. I drove both of them and honestly would be happy with either. The 350 is a fast as our cars, no joke.

I stopped by the Acura dealer last night and they were dikcs and I didn't drive it. The S4 is some $$ ... and highly unlikely

I am not necesarrily used to "new" cars ... I just am used to getting a different car every few years. I did a Olds Cutty, VW Jetta, Old Aurora, and then the Z in 6 years ... so maybe it is getting stale to me ... but I honestly feel like I am moving on past the useless car stage.

I have given a lot of though to the keep this, turbo it and have fun with it ... with my Corrola on the side ... and what I can honeslty say is that I plain and simple don't want to drive a POS for 75% of my driving, maybe I am snobby or something here .. but if I am personally paying close to $1k/month after insurance, gas etc .. my a$$ better be in something nice ...

Honestly, I am not at the stage in my life where I need to have a "toy" car ... I would really like to have a nice looking, comfortable well-traveling car to use anytime ... without too many limitations ... and I am sadly realizing the Z is not that car.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:03 AM
MIAPLAYA

Rob pretty much nailed it ... its the mods that really make it a hassle.

Car dirty = sell it
Car broken = sell it
Car clean = dayyyyyyummmm ...I love this thing .. let's go for a drive ... then bam, pothole ... oh crap I can't buy gas there b/c I don't think I can get in there. Or hey .. I am home .... scraaaaaaape ... "phew .. got in the parking garage w/o to bad of a scape this time" ... it's just bothering me lately.

Honestly, the IS250 and IS350 are my most likely options. I drove both of them and honestly would be happy with either. The 350 is a fast as our cars, no joke.

I stopped by the Acura dealer last night and they were dikcs and I didn't drive it. The S4 is some $$ ... and highly unlikely

I am not necesarrily used to "new" cars ... I just am used to getting a different car every few years. I did a Olds Cutty, VW Jetta, Old Aurora, and then the Z in 6 years ... so maybe it is getting stale to me ... but I honestly feel like I am moving on past the useless car stage.

I have given a lot of though to the keep this, turbo it and have fun with it ... with my Corrola on the side ... and what I can honeslty say is that I plain and simple don't want to drive a POS for 75% of my driving, maybe I am snobby or something here .. but if I am personally paying close to $1k/month after insurance, gas etc .. my a$$ better be in something nice ...

Honestly, I am not at the stage in my life where I need to have a "toy" car ... I would really like to have a nice looking, comfortable well-traveling car to use anytime ... without too many limitations ... and I am sadly realizing the Z is not that car.

I hear you bro....I'm the same way. I'm so bad I'm to the point where if I'm going somewhere before I even leave I start asking people about speedbumps and if they don't know I call the place and see if they have them. I'm sure raising my car back up and getting a decent set of shocks would fix this but that even more money. In the end though I love this car. I won't get rid of it. Its too much fun and I know no matter what other car I get I won't be satisfied with it. (Unless its the new GTR of course). Luckily I have the truck to drive around too.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:57 PM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim, keep it..it just a phase you're going through. Pound for pound, the Z and G are two of the best cars on the road. In case you decide to sell, how much for the C4's and sways?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:01 PM
audiracer2002

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I hear you bro....I'm the same way. I'm so bad I'm to the point where if I'm going somewhere before I even leave I start asking people about speedbumps and if they don't know I call the place and see if they have them. I'm sure raising my car back up and getting a decent set of shocks would fix this but that even more money. In the end though I love this car. I won't get rid of it. Its too much fun and I know no matter what other car I get I won't be satisfied with it. (Unless its the new GTR of course). Luckily I have the truck to drive around too.

You act like if you got a new car, you wouldn't start modding that one!! You know as well as I do that leaving the car stock isn't much of an option!

Just don't take it to the dyno for a while!!
Old 12-21-2005, 03:26 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by audiracer2002
You act like if you got a new car, you wouldn't start modding that one!! You know as well as I do that leaving the car stock isn't much of an option!

Just don't take it to the dyno for a while!!
Yeah I know but if I got something like an Altima SE-R or some 4 door sedan it would be minimal mods at most. Intake, header, exhaust, suspension. And that would be it...but then again I'mnot getting rid of this car any time soon. I was just trippin.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:36 PM
JimRHIT

I will prolly sit down and get together some pricing for everything over the Christmas holiday. ... have to locate some stock wheels to slap back on there too. I got everything else I think
Old 12-21-2005, 03:44 PM
MIAPLAYA

I will prolly sit down and get together some pricing for everything over the Christmas holiday. ... have to locate some stock wheels to slap back on there too. I got everything else I think
Well if you take the plunge holla at yo boy on those springs.....
Oh and that 10" sub too...I dont really need the box though...I need to find a box for it that would fit my truck though...
Old 12-21-2005, 03:49 PM
JimRHIT

Right on ... I may try and sell the sub and box and amp as a package and they really do compliment each other quite nicely. I will surely keep you updated as everything progresses.

I just kinda sat back and realized how much $$ is in this damn car right now. I have a freakin $4k+ stereo.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:51 PM
MIAPLAYA

Right on ... I may try and sell the sub and box and amp as a package and they really do compliment each other quite nicely. I will surely keep you updated as everything progresses.

I just kinda sat back and realized how much $$ is in this damn car right now. I have a freakin $4k+ stereo.
I hear you...well I already have an amp for it so just the 10" is what I'm looking for...and the springs...getting Tokico D-Specs for Christmas...wouldn't mind raising my car a bit when I drop those on...
Old 12-21-2005, 03:58 PM
JimRHIT

I'll take care of you. Springs are pretty much yours. How about we invade the Chadley garage and spin some wrenches in a few weeks.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 PM
MIAPLAYA

I'll take care of you. Springs are pretty much yours. How about we invade the Chadley garage and spin some wrenches in a few weeks.
I'm definitely down... I'll have the following to install..

Hotchkis springs
Tokico Shocks
Rays lugs
Sparco pedals
JWT oil pan spacer
SS braided oil return line from the turbo (need to get some parts for that with the Chad)
Harness bar (me and Chad are also going to start on that soon)
I think I am going to abandon the oil cooler for now. I need to buy shocks first. The ride in my car is retarded. I'd rather have a comfortable driver then retarded cool oil right now...
Old 12-21-2005, 04:07 PM
JimRHIT

Right on ... I understand the retarded ride quality ... I spent a tad bit of time in your car over the past year ... and let me say it makes mine feel comfy

Why Tokico over Koni ? Cost?

Josh G had the tokico and wasn't that happy with em I thought??
Old 12-21-2005, 04:08 PM
MIAPLAYA

Right on ... I understand the retarded ride quality ... I spent a tad bit of time in your car over the past year ... and let me say it makes mine feel comfy

Why Tokico over Koni ? Cost?

Josh G had the tokico and wasn't that happy with em I thought??
Hmm...well yeah that was my main reason. I rode in a Z that had them during the Z/G cruise recently and with the Hotchkis springs it was a VERY nice ride.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cars are like chix. if they do you right and meet your needs, you keep 'em. if not, dump 'em.

Quick Reply: San Diego GTGs.....