Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Voting for Club Name: Round 2!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by EL Diablo
When we gonna know the Winner ?
Hope I dont have to change my Sig.
Just put a pic of a Lemans Sunset in your Sig Clint.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:19 AM
EL Diablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by skar 718
Just put a pic of a Lemans Sunset in your Sig Clint.
so whats your Vote Ed ?
Old 05-05-2004, 12:24 PM
TOM JONES

3FIVEZEROZ
Old 05-05-2004, 12:52 PM
FredericM

My Vote is for

So Cal 350Z

FLM
Old 05-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by BullishZ

SoCal 350Z is in second with 12, +1 for Mr. Twisted. I want to exclude his vote, since he is not associated with this group. However, if you really want to include his vote, then it totals to 13.

exclude his vote?
wtf.. how can you have a democratic vote if you dont take his vote? then this entire voting scheme is bias. he is a 350z owner. and he is a resident of southern california. just like "if club bob doesnt win, then give my vote to.." also incorrect. you dont see "if Bush doesnt win, give my vote to Nader" or something...

lame. lame. lame.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:02 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Chebosto
exclude his vote?
wtf.. how can you have a democratic vote if you dont take his vote? then this entire voting scheme is bias. he is a 350z owner. and he is a resident of southern california. just like "if club bob doesnt win, then give my vote to.." also incorrect. you dont see "if Bush doesnt win, give my vote to Nader" or something...

lame. lame. lame.
I have to agree with Cheston. The way I see it, Mr. Twisted is eligible to vote and his vote must be considered. Additionally, if he wants to show at meets, he should be welcome by those that wish to welcome him. I feel the same applies to HunterZ. I won't be one to welcome either, but that's not to say they don't have other friends that would like their company.

How we feel we have been treated by certain individuals does not justify our treating them in like manner. Now if we have a problem with someone and they are banned from this forum or we as a group say that person doesn't belong, that's another matter. But, we can't unilaterally exclude anyone or we're being hypocritical and would be acting no better than the individuals who we believe have treated us unreasonably.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:17 PM
callmeaflirt

Alright Dan...Nuff said...I guess I would have to be a bigger person and say I agree with you...damn..

Old 05-05-2004, 02:22 PM
EL Diablo

I agree with Dan & Chebosto.

Lets show we are better than that
Old 05-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Wedge

Good move about not disallowing Ron's vote, it was the right thing to do ....Thanks to Cheston for speaking up.

How many votes per household are allowed? Meaning, my wife went to the meet at the shooting range, and also both Mr. and Mrs. Twisted have Z's........just asking.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:18 PM
callmeaflirt

Well Wedge, if your vote is for So Cal 350z , then SURE your wife can vote..and Nora can too...But if you want to vote for a name other than that, then NO, their votes dont count....just fyi...

TOTALLY KIDDING..!!

Lysa
Old 05-05-2004, 04:09 PM
BullishZ

That's a good point. We will allow Mr. Twisted vote to count, even though my heart says no. It would be the right thing to do. Cheston, for a guy that voted for the joke name of "Club Bob", you seem to actually care about this!

Also, regarding the wife's vote. I wasn't planning on having Eileen's vote count. I think that a good rule of thumb on whether or not to allow the voting of significant others who have joined in on our meets would be... IF they have a forum account and have been at least posting somewhat (like Kash and Lysa), then they may BOTH vote. I'm not going to have Eileen vote, and I hope others follow this as well, because they are part of the club only as GUESTS. They are not a part of the active community here. In that respect, we can count Nora's vote, if she will vote. What do you guys think?
Old 05-05-2004, 04:12 PM
BullishZ

Total of the votes so far:

3FIVEZEROZ = 17
SoCal 350Z = 14
Club Bob = 4
SoCal Z33 = 3

That's still only 38 votes. Mr. B? The Big **** Clan brothers? DCZoner? Kaiser23? Where are you oldtimers?!?!?
Old 05-05-2004, 04:25 PM
callmeaflirt

That suits me just fine Eric.

Lysa
Old 05-05-2004, 05:07 PM
neocypher
Banned

[QUOTE]exclude his vote?
wtf.. how can you have a democratic vote if you dont take his vote? then this entire voting scheme is bias. he is a 350z owner. and he is a resident of southern california. just like "if club bob doesnt win, then give my vote to.." also incorrect. you dont see "if Bush doesnt win, give my vote to Nader" or something...QUOTE]

yes mr cebesto...this is what i'm talking about. really folks i'm not trying to flame anyone although it just pisses me off when people do what has been done here. Callmeaflirt has constantly talked about UNITY and bringing people together. do you people really see that happening? people are being excluded. in reality this is not a democratic process. and as time goes on the rest of you will see this. she will not be satisfied until she has ultimate control. her tactics are those of high school teenagers. she wants to be the most popular person here if there were two events happening at the same time as her's i'm willing to bet she would be pissed at people that didn't go to hers.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Wedge

Also, regarding the wife's vote. I wasn't planning on having Eileen's vote count. I think that a good rule of thumb on whether or not to allow the voting of significant others who have joined in on our meets would be... IF they have a forum account and have been at least posting somewhat (like Kash and Lysa), then they may BOTH vote. I'm not going to have Eileen vote, and I hope others follow this as well, because they are part of the club only as GUESTS. They are not a part of the active community here. In that respect, we can count Nora's vote, if she will vote. What do you guys think?

(posted by BullishZ)

The above sounds fair to me.

Lysa, I already voted for SoCal 350Z.......Heidi would have too, but since she does not have an account, she won't be voting. BUT....she would have voted for SoCal 350Z. I think it rolls off the tounge a bit better than separate numbers followed by a letter. But heck.......I can learn to pronounce anything if I have to......lol

Last edited by Wedge; 05-05-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:13 PM
neocypher
Banned

Well said BullishZ. Im hoping more peeps vote for my choice, the SoCal 350z group (That was in no way a sales pitch )
notice the use of the work MY here. if you do a search for all her posts you'll see that it's all about her. look for yourself if you like i can send you more quotes like it ... theres tons.

and for the people that pm'd me showing me support thank you ... and I won't reveal you names since you asked me not to.

again...all i'm doing is speaking my free mind!
Old 05-05-2004, 05:54 PM
EL Diablo

neocypher- be quiet already. your giving me a headache.

You already have one strike after 20 something posts.
your working your way towards a ban. I've seen it all before.

who are you anyway???
just someone with 24 posts and an opinion in the minority. you dont know any of us. Your a stranger posting comments.

Nothing more. Your opinion dont mean a thing

Earn peoples respect then maybe.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:32 PM
BullishZ

Neocypher, you ARE the master of the obvious. Your post about excluding Mr. Twisted's vote is a bit late, because we already decided to INCLUDE it, and I even suggested that Nora can vote as well.

Also, please get off Lysa's back. Let it go... go for a drive... grab a beer... and watch some basketball!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:21 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pat settled this at Hooters. Significant others votes count. They are at our meets. Often, they decide whether or not someone can show.

Unless someone shows a good reason otherwise, I would agree with Pat and say that their votes count.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:21 PM
neocypher
Banned

Well Wedge, if your vote is for So Cal 350z , then SURE your wife can vote..and Nora can too...But if you want to vote for a name other than that, then NO, their votes dont count....just fyi...
Aren't leaders the ones that make this kind of decision?

Quick Reply: Voting for Club Name: Round 2!