Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Voting for Club Name: Round 2!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 08:15 PM
K0mput3r
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by hfm
Neocypher, why don't you take your ******** elsewhere. You are not welcome on this forum and as far as I'm concerned, I hope never to meet you personally.
Are we allowed to curse? you said the bs word. that sounds derrogatory.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:23 PM
neocypher
Banned

hey thats not me ... can't help it if other people feel the same way
Old 05-05-2004, 08:23 PM
neocypher
Banned

i was playing ghost recon
Old 05-05-2004, 08:29 PM
neocypher
Banned

[QUOTE]Ok folks... I suspected this from the opposition, but I hoped it would not happen.

With internet voting, this type of problem is inevitable, especially when your biggest disputant acts like an immature child.

We had a successful Round 1 voting session. I suggest that we either end the voting now, or we suspend it until the next meet to vote in person.

If the trolls really want to vote, they can show up. Opinions?QUOTE]

I agree bullish ... callmeaflirt is immature. wasn't it her that started crying about a NAME for a CLUB because she felt left out. wasn't it her that complained why she wasn't invited to a run when others got together. what was she gonna do run with her durango.

i repeat i don't want to vote. i'm just speaking my mind cause it's people like callmeaflirt that pisses me off. she has no right to do what she did. it's her testosterone filled ego (which is bigger than her bf's) thats caused all this.

i came to the forums to join others that showed pride in their cars and she turned it into a ME ME ME contest.

she started it so let her finish it.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by BullishZ
Ok folks... I suspected this from the opposition, but I hoped it would not happen.

With internet voting, this type of problem is inevitable, especially when your biggest disputant acts like an immature child.

We had a successful Round 1 voting session. I suggest that we either end the voting now, or we suspend it until the next meet to vote in person.

If the trolls really want to vote, they can show up. Opinions?
Agree. Fighting on the internet is just stupid. I doubt anyone would say what they are saying in ones face in person. Troll or not troll I dont really give a ****, show up and you will get your chance to talk. I say we meet again and get this over with. Another FUN meet I am waiting for...
Old 05-05-2004, 09:23 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
Agree. Fighting on the internet is just stupid. I doubt anyone would say what they are saying in ones face in person. Troll or not troll I dont really give a ****, show up and you will get your chance to talk. I say we meet again and get this over with. Another FUN meet I am waiting for...
Phaty always has good posts and I agree with him once again. Lets vote at the next meet.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:29 PM
EL Diablo

Vote next meet. When ever that is.

No more forum Votes. Over run by Thread Hi-Jackers with thier
personal holy war.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:33 PM
K0mput3r
Banned

Originally posted by EL Diablo
Vote next meet. When ever that is.

No more forum Votes. Over run by Thread Hi-Jackers with thier
personal holy war.
There is no thread hi-jackers you drama queen. Btw. no one answered my question, may i cast my vote even though I don't have a 100 in a post count?
Old 05-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by K0mput3r
There is no thread hi-jackers you drama queen. Btw. no one answered my question, may i cast my vote even though I don't have a 100 in a post count?
I would think so. Its not how many posts one have, is what kind of attitude that one have. Positive attitudes are always appreciated. Fun people are always welcome to the meets. A**holes and D**kheads can always come too, but will he/her get a respectful treatment is another question. If anyone wants to participate can just follow the threads and be like everyone else, be nice and have fun. Right?

Be smart about what you are saying is the most important. Why are you calling people drama queen?

Last edited by Phatmitzu; 05-05-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:46 PM
EL Diablo

Yup Drama Queen thats me

show up and cast your vote.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>> Phaty always has good posts and I agree with him once again. Lets vote at the next meet.

Oh. That's what he meant. Whew - I thought we were going to rumble or something.

I don't think there is really a reason to delay the vote. I'm sure all of us have learned how to ignore posts. (At least, you all seem to do a good job ignoring most of mine...not that I blame ya)

On the other hand, meets are good, so I'm fine either way.

Jeff (Here come the Jets and they're ready to Fight!")
Old 05-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by Scafremon
>> Phaty always has good posts and I agree with him once again. Lets vote at the next meet.

Oh. That's what he meant. Whew - I thought we were going to rumble or something.

I don't think there is really a reason to delay the vote. I'm sure all of us have learned how to ignore posts. (At least, you all seem to do a good job ignoring most of mine...not that I blame ya)

On the other hand, meets are good, so I'm fine either way.

Jeff (Here come the Jets and they're ready to Fight!")
rumble...havent heard that word for that meaning ( ) in a long time, hahaha
Old 05-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeez read thru all that for nothing. Anyways fellas are we gonna vote at a meet or what. I voted early in this thread so Clint let me know what's up bro..Ed
Old 05-05-2004, 11:25 PM
pasadena_z

OK...I don't post much but I do see a victory for "3FIVEZEROZ"....it won at Hooters and it won online. How many times do we have vote? Until "SoCal 350z" wins?
Old 05-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by pasadena_z
OK...I don't post much but I do see a victory for "3FIVEZEROZ"....it won at Hooters and it won online. How many times do we have vote? Until "SoCal 350z" wins?
You know the more I see that "3FIVEZEROZ" it grows on me even thou I still like SoCal 350z...I'm fine with either one plus every club should have a Lemans Sunset....
Old 05-06-2004, 05:33 AM
EL Diablo

yeah maybe another vote isnt in order.

If 3FiveZeroZ has enough votes to win it then why have another
meet. Lets Move forward! Good Times are next!
Old 05-06-2004, 06:33 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by EL Diablo
yeah maybe another vote isnt in order.

If 3FiveZeroZ has enough votes to win it then why have another
meet. Lets Move forward! Good Times are next!
Agreed
Old 05-06-2004, 07:18 AM
TOM JONES

Its so sad to see how the next generation of z owners are turning out, bad feelings about people they have never meet, Im with the old school and i think i will stay there, sad, very sad...
Old 05-06-2004, 07:21 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Voting

Eric,

As jeff said, we can just ignore him... uhhhh... I mean the other posts (just kidding, Jeff ) and continue with the online vote. I think that for the most part, we all know who each other are and who to take seriously or not.

On a side note, every one of us had to start on this forum with a 0 post count so just because someone has only a few posts, isn't a good reason to disallow their vote. However, as was pointed out, their attitude is a good reason.

With that all said, if it's decided that the vote will be in person, I'll cast my vote with you at lunch tomorrow. Perhaps bring a few voting slips for the other guys who show up as well, just in case. :-)

-Chris
Old 05-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Wedge

The vote turnout was disappointing to say the least. I know that at one time there was well over a hundred people associated with the group.

If the feeling is that an accurate on-line vote is not possible, and that an "in person" vote at a meet is the only way to get around the obstacles, here is a suggestion.

Since not everyone will be able to attend the meet, I think some means of allowing non-attendees to vote should be put into place. One way to accomplish this would be to designate two or three people who will attend the meet to handle "proxy" votes.

People who cannot make the meet, but would like to vote could PM their vote to one of the designees. The proxy votes could be verified for qualifications (based on the already established rules) and also to make certain that no one has voted more than once.

There would only be two choices to vote for. SoCal 350Z and 3FIVEZEROZ.

Come to think of it, the whole election could be held like this. Choose 2 or 3 trustworthy "election monitors", then have people PM them with their vote. If one election monitor's box is full, simply cast your vote with the next monitor. A clear cutoff date and time for the vote would need to be posted. Following the cutoff, all monitors would get together (either in person, by phone or e-mail) and do the tally. Since this would be a somewhat "secret ballot", maybe there would be a better turnout.
Sometimes, when their vote is made public, people don't feel comfortable. This is why "Bob" was a safe vote. It wasn't going to win and it didn't irritate anyone in the two major camps.

This idea probably won't get much support because by now everyone is so sick of something so simple becoming so complicated, but...........at least it is an alternative to consider.

Quick Reply: Voting for Club Name: Round 2!