Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

My Exhaust: Fair Market Value Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 01:08 PM
BullishZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Exhaust: Fair Market Value Opinions?

Hello my SoCal brothers and sisters.

I will be taking the Magnaflow full titanium catback single tip exhaust off my car soon, and put it out on the classifieds.

I am wondering what you guys think will be a fair price to ask.

Here's a pic of the exhaust.
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/ti/nissan.htm

Here's some info about the exhaust from Magnaflow:

Made in JAPAN — All of our Titanium products are made in Japan to MagnaFlow's very own specifications.

100% Titanium Construction — Unlike other systems that are a mix of titanium and stainless, you get the full benefit of a super lightweight exhaust system. Some systems weigh as little as 6 lbs.

Slip Joint Fit — The assembly of the system can be done in an average mechanics’ driveway.

Hollow adjustable hanger — Hollow hangers are our little secret…keeps the system lightweight.

Tight body tolerances — Close-to-the-chassis tolerances allow vehicles to be aggressively lowered, provide superior speed bump clearance and do not interfere with the car’s aerodynamics.

1mm material thickness — 1 mm thickness of the titanium is the minimum achievable thickness in order to strike a balance between durability and lightweight.

Straight-through muffler design — Like most MagnaFlow products, the straight through muffler design provides superior flow and the flexibility to turn up the boost.

Blue’d tip look — Using a blue tip is customary in titanium exhaust construction. Provides that “hand built and custom engineered” look.

Cadmium hardware — Cadmium hardware provides superior corrosion resistance to road salt, water, tar and road debris. Makes removal of the system easy but provides secure mounting.

Increased diameter pipe — MagnaFlow Titanium systems are racing systems. Therefore, piping diameter is generally larger to allow maximum airflow and large increases in boost pressure or engine output. But, our systems are generally piped smaller than others. On a recent dyno test using a 3.5” competitor’s system vs. our 2.25” system, horsepower was identical and our system picked up 4 lb. ft. of torque. Ground clearance was much better too.

It's been on my car for a little less than 5,000 miles. It's in perfect shape, and as some of you guys may have heard, it sounds absolutely awesome. I always thought the burnt blue tip would look great on a DB, but I was happy with it on my SS. This is the only Magnaflow Ti Catback currently on a non-sponsored 350Z in the U.S., as they aren't even really available to the public yet. Notice that on the Magnaflow website, it's not quoted like the S2000's system is. When I called their number, they said it retails for something like $1480.00 or something.

What do you guys think is a reasonable price?
Old 05-03-2004, 04:45 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Full Titanium? Id say at least $1000-1200
Old 05-06-2004, 08:37 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

not sure... but FMV is always based on demand. Also, I gues it depends on how much the new one retails for.... I'd say somewhere between $1,000 it may be a steal.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:23 AM
BullishZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys. It's on the classifieds. Thanks Sho and Scott.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=74697