Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Sharif's (gq_626) going away meet or dinner

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sharif's (gq_626) going away meet or dinner

Guys and Gals of So Cal as you may know Sharif is moving along to North Carolina. I was wondering if we could set up a hangout or meet for him. He as many of you know has been a big part of many meets and events. I just got to know him better when I was at WLD350z's place helping with his turbo kit. What type of going away hangout can we or should we organize. We have about 4 weeks before he moves on to North Carolina. Ed
Old 06-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

North Carolina? WTF is he gonna do there? Yikes! Titty bar??? Spundae at Circus??? Supposed to be a great club, pretty big one too. Jen needs to get out and dance. Some happening club with awesome house/techno/circuit party music would be great. Mind you, not everyone is into that (except moi). And possibly a club of the "non brownoser" "non b.s.er" "non wannabe" type would be better. Am in! Have to say good-bye to Sharif in person. Keep me posted.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally posted by Luv Mntrl
Jen needs to get out and dance.
Woman PLEEZZ you could not hang. When I was your age I use to dance in New York from 9pm till 7 in the morning. You would collaspe dancing with me young lady..
Does the hubby dance? What ideas do you have for a hangout Jen.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:26 PM
bobowah

why not have a clubbing nite at highlands or something...

or just take him to all the hooters in the la area... instead of bar crawl... make it a Z drive haahah

j/k... pub crawl in pasadena?
Old 06-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Phatmitzu

Clubbing meet is a great idea. What other better way for a going away party than getting drunk and shake our booties off

Highlands is a great place, huge dance floor. But there arent much seating areas for those who dont dance that much.

How bout the Century club/restaurant. Its got mutiple dance floors that plays different music, and plenty of outdoor seating(yes, there are bars outside also ) Oh, and theres food too! Great outdoor BBQs. www.centuryclub.com

Old 06-09-2004, 08:29 AM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Sharif loves Angeles Crest Highway. We can have a going-away breakfast at Newcomb's Ranch!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:13 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

He's leaving!? I did not know that.... where was I??

I'm down for a bon voyage canyon run! ACH... here we come!

..but if its a clubbin nite... I'll most likely hafta pass on that. I'm too ole for it, ya know.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:10 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Did someone say club?

skar 718 .. 9 to 7 in NYC? Sounds like sound factory
Old 06-09-2004, 11:57 AM
iLLestJrz

Speaking of clubs, did anyone go to Tiesto's appearance at the Avalon? It was so awesome btw. Lets go party somewhere with Sharif
Old 06-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...thanks everyone! I'm had so much fun with the group over the past several months and I'll miss you all. Damn...and just as I was starting to get comfortable in this town...

I was in Charlotte last weekend and it's a pretty neat city. I am moving in about 4 weeks, but my car might be gone in 3weeks on a transporter. I saw only one Z in Charlotte, but about 6 G's and about 10 S2000's.

I'm pretty much down for anything. Highlands has a great atmosphere, tons of cheap parking, and the outdoor deck area has lots of seating/standing areas.

But to Scott's point.....I am a sucker for Angeles Crest...back side. We could do a farewell meet/drive on a nice Sunday morning or something. We end at Nucoms and have breakfast/lunch. But lets do it in the next week weeks so I'll still have my car.

Whatever the group decides is fine!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by skar 718
Woman PLEEZZ you could not hang. When I was your age I use to dance in New York from 9pm till 7 in the morning. You would collaspe dancing with me young lady..
Does the hubby dance? What ideas do you have for a hangout Jen.
Ya, WHATEVER ED! When you were my age, I was already kicking a** on the dance floor. Got a few more years under my belt. Good luck catching up, and we'll see who can out live who on the dance floor. As long as it's fast, and pounds hard, I am soooo down with kicking your a**!

Hubby is not a dancer. Either way, no biggie. Lysa's a dancer, Kash is not. So, think some of the guys may just sit around Z talking, or boobie watching, and the ladies can rip up the dance floor. But something not so trendy, but comfortable would be good. I'm going out to sweat, not look pretty!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
He's leaving!? I did not know that.... where was I??

I'm down for a bon voyage canyon run! ACH... here we come!

..but if its a clubbin nite... I'll most likely hafta pass on that. I'm too ole for it, ya know.
Whatever Sho.....too old! What does that make me, a Dinosaur??? Gimme a break man, if we're all in for clubbing, so are you!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:06 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Luv Mntrl
Whatever Sho.....too old! What does that make me, a Dinosaur??? Gimme a break man, if we're all in for clubbing, so are you!

Hey.. where have you been!? MIA for a couple months, haven't you. yeah... I'm old. I'll just watch yall dance then.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:23 PM
350Now

Hey Ed, thanks for posting this up. I haven't been browsing the SoCal or the FI page for the past couple of days. Clubbing, ACH sounds good to me. I'm down with what the group decides.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Egbert Souse

Default He's not a male model LOL

But he's one of the best peeps in the L.A. 350Z community. I'm in for whatever. Has a date been decided yet???
Attached Thumbnails Sharif's  (gq_626) going away meet or dinner-350z-challenge-005.jpg  
Old 06-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Nope no date yet and 350now it's my pleasure Sharif is a really cool person. I also want Amy Croft and Wld350z to go to this meet also.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
Hey.. where have you been!? MIA for a couple months, haven't you. yeah... I'm old. I'll just watch yall dance then.
Ya, kinda jumped ship. Had a few **** in my Corn Flakes. Figured bailing for a while would be good, before I blew my stack!

Old??? Wow......How old can you be? Dang, I rode in on Brontosaurus from Canada. Guess that gives my age away! I won't push, but ya gotta come. You can be a wallflower that night. Maybe I can convince you to dance after a couple of drinks??? Hope to see everyone there. Expecting a big turn out for Sharif's departure. Grandma needs to get out, and GET A LIFE!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Egbert Souse

Jen -

I think we gotta throw GQ a real send off bash. After all, he is one of the few 3FiveZeroZ members who doesn't hate me. LMFAO

Grandma can't come. She got banned her and the old girl still can't find her teef.

You are a spring chicken, as far as I am concerned. LOL

Rock On !!!
Attached Thumbnails Sharif's  (gq_626) going away meet or dinner-exile-on-main-street.jpeg  
Old 06-09-2004, 11:11 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Skar PM me - What do you think...

Skar - H ell Ya!

I was out at Tony's tonight - He swaped out for GQ_626 the RT's for Helix test pipes.. with custom O2 bungs, Wideband also..

While Wld350Z was wrenching... Sharif reprogramed the EO-1 and the Emanage with the latest firmware... And then droped a map... The in car ZCarPC was helpfull...

Ever blow up a Emanage Bios? Runs very very rich... Ha! 5 to 1

The English documentation will have to be created to cover all devices of the system.. The EO-1 is quite a work of art.. With a Secure Digital card.. Very powerful..

Oh yeah.. back to the going away party... I'm in for sure.. Tony said he would be working/sleeping/joking.. We can convince him...

GQ_626's help has been invaluable.. in the installation of the Greddy twin turbo in the Wld350Z... And one heck of a gent also..

Cheers Amy -
Old 06-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by Egbert Souse
Jen -

I think we gotta throw GQ a real send off bash. After all, he is one of the few 3FiveZeroZ members who doesn't hate me. LMFAO

Grandma can't come. She got banned her and the old girl still can't find her teef.

You are a spring chicken, as far as I am concerned. LOL

Rock On !!!
Rich, it might not be hate so much as, insert foot in mouth disease! It happens to all of us......sometimes a GIANT step back and a count to 10 is worth it, just to save face, and think before we speak. That's all! Niceness, sincerity, being humble, humility, honesty, all go a long way! Anyway, I ain't yo momma to be givin you the straight dope.

Ya, I hope it's something big. Jen (grandma) needs a life. Spring chicken??? Maybe a winter hen.....40's creepin around the bend. Trying to run away from it!

Hope it's a huge turnout of people for Sharif's send off.

Quick Reply: Sharif's (gq_626) going away meet or dinner