Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

350z Crash in West Los Angeles?? Anyone from here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 12:27 PM
jimthegreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z Crash in West Los Angeles?? Anyone from here?

Saw this on the news this morning:
Three Dead in Apparent Race-Related Wreck
LOS ANGELES (CNS) — Three people, including a pedestrian, died today in a possibly race-related wreck in West Los Angeles that left a Nissan sheared in two.
The driver of a Nissan 350-Z was speeding south on La Cienega Boulevard when he lost control of the car shortly before 3:19 a.m., said Los Angeles police Lt. Martha Moran of the West Traffic Division.

The car hit and killed a pedestrian on the west side of the street, and the Nissan's driver and a passenger died, she said.

Moran could not confirm broadcast reports that the driver may have been racing with another vehicle, reportedly a BMW that left the scene.

The Nissan crashed into a building in the 6100 block of Alcott Avenue, police said.

Traffic along a three-block area of La Cienega was closed to accommodate the investigation.

Anyone know if this was this someone from this board??
Old 09-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Florida350zrt

Default Not me...

Not me. I live in Florida.

But, post a picture if you can.

Thanks...
Old 09-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Chicken

Originally posted by jimthegreek
...shortly before 3:19 a.m., ... hit and killed a pedestrian
This is why I go to bed at 10:00 p.m.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:21 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noone should F'n race on surface streets. Sorry, but this didn't have to happen. That's what the race track is for. I just hope it wasn't one of our guys.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:35 PM
jimthegreek

Originally posted by Chicken
This is why I go to bed at 10:00 p.m.
it was a monday morning. Maybe the person was on their way to work or something... going to catch the bus. Its not the pedestrians fault that they were racing...
Old 09-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Beer Gogglez

It's probably more like a case of the bar was closed.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Grey Matter

Just saw this on the TV news. The front of the car was a 1/2 block from the back, cut in half it. It was a 35mph zone and they said they might have been doing close to 100mph. For that kind of damage I can believe it. That poor pedestrian, wrong place wrong time. RACING BELONGS ON THE TRACK!!
Old 09-06-2004, 05:27 PM
n10zt

I'm not saying that I've never street raced but yeah "RACING BELONGS ON THE TRACK!!" Sometimes our ego and/or emotions do get the best of us but it only takes one driver (us or the other) to make a mistake, causing irreparable damage.

For all those times that I've let a jackass and/or ricer go (& hopefully continue to do so), although it bothers me at the time, I know that I may have just prevented something like this from happening.

The BMW driver may have gotten away but that person will live for the rest of his/her life carrying the burden that he/she was responsible for 3 manslaughter.

It's probably more like a case of the bar was closed.
Or the person might have decided to walk under the influence as oppose to DUI. The only sense I can make out for this person was that it was time.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Egbert Souse

The bars close at 2:00 a.m. in California, so by "shortly before 3:19 a.m. (what does that mean, 3:18 a.m. ad 37 seconds?), they had to be doing something for over an hour and a quarter.

As for the pedestrian, that is one unlucky *****. Walking on the sidewalk at 3:18:37 a.m. You have more chance of being hit by lightning. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

One thing's for sure, that stand up citizen in the BMW will never come forward. Shid happens.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:27 PM
myinfinitig20

well if he was comming from a bar then at least us teenagers arent going to get the heat for his mistake. I hope it wasnt someone on this board. anyone have picutres of the site?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:10 PM
ICYBLUE1203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just saw it on the news too. only way i recognized the car was because of the 17" wheels it had. the car was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, he must have been going suuper fast.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:12 PM
G2FAST

That was crazy I saw it on the news WOW the car was gone, in pieces. The only reason I made out that it was a Z was the rear bumper and the signal light. I agree lets keep racing on the track!
Old 09-06-2004, 09:28 PM
autois4pussies

horrible man... WHAT A DUMB @#$@(*$&@)(#$& 100mph in 35mph zone?!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH POOOR GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY walking... The guys where in their 20's... seriously if ur gona hit 100 dont FRICKEN do it on surface...... may God have mercy on the families and may God have mercy on us when we do something stupid (HOPEFULLY NOT THISSSSSSSSS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!) man that messed up my day. I saw a Z get run over by a semi right before my eyes only last week... Then the acura cl accident again... ah im scared to drive...

take care guys
Old 09-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Grommit

A Z run over by a semi??? Woah, where was this?!?!?! I hope the driver was okay. Yipes!
Old 09-06-2004, 09:56 PM
autois4pussies

this was in La Canada off the 210 near an onramp. The guy was fine. It was amazing nothing happened to him. 3/4 of the car was crushed. The roof was totally caved in. The guy was just sitting on the side. The car was FLATTT. From then on i can say im thankful for the Z's weight. Its reinforced body saved this kids life.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Butterfly20

The pedestrian in the accident was a homeless guy, which is why they have not released his name, and is also why he was out on the street at 3am. As for the passanger, I went to high school with him, I swear it wasn't more than 3 weeks ago that I was talking to him at a friends house. Crazy how things happen. RIP to all three and I hope the driver of the other car is caught.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:35 AM
jimthegreek

Names were disclosed in this morning's paper.

"Police identified the driver of the vehicle as Jeff Cherubin, 22, of Claremont. Marvin Washington, 21, of Walnut was the passenger, police said. The name of the 51-year-old pedestrian was not released pending notification of family."
Old 09-07-2004, 09:34 AM
iris

ugh, I heard aboutt his, I was hoping it was some Altima crash or something. The news said it ws so bad they at first thought it was a motorcycle b/c it was just disintegrated into pieces. I can't believe they were going that fast on La Cienega. Even though it was 3 am on Sunday, you have to think somebody would be walking around b/c it was the 2nd day of a holiday weekend. Total irresponsibility.

sad, sad, sad.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:27 PM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by jimthegreek
Names were disclosed in this morning's paper.

"Police identified the driver of the vehicle as Jeff Cherubin, 22, of Claremont. Marvin Washington, 21, of Walnut was the passenger, police said. The name of the 51-year-old pedestrian was not released pending notification of family."
According to this news report the driver's name is "Jeff Domond".

Anyone we know???

-Chris
Old 09-07-2004, 04:09 PM
old_s13

Here is another report on the accident:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/la-me...la-newslocal-1

Crazy, that occured right near the beverly center.. about 10 blocks away from home. Its bad when things this bad happen so close to home, makes you wonder how bad others are doing with all the other drama happening in the world. The entire La Cienega/Beverly Center area deals with a LOT of traffic, so many incidents have happened there. My friends grandparents were struck in a hit-and-run about 2-3 years ago, I didnt realize it was them until I heard from another friend a few days later. Out of all the people... unfortunate is an understatement when you hear about news like that.

Anyway, I dont know how fast the Z was going.. but 100 is awefully fast. I dont think anyone can really say how fast the car was going, but no doubt.. driver must have been out of his mind.

Be safe everyone...

- Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Last edited by old_s13; 09-07-2004 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 350z Crash in West Los Angeles?? Anyone from here?