Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Mid to Late November Canyon Run

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 09:42 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mid to Late November Canyon Run

I think a mid to late November canyon run before JGTCUSA might be cool. We can do our Latigo/Decker Canyon/Tuna Canyon run or maybe Angeles Crest. Or, if Audio Pat is around, a nice Simi run. I'd also be interested in a nice PCH drive up to central California or Santa Barbara.

This thread is open for suggestions on locations and dates.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the PCH drive...since arriving to Cali I have always wanted to do that. On a nice sunny fall day, view and drive should be awesome. Would be nice to find an open area where we could all just sit on blankets, and bring our own food. Just an idea.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yah I'm in for a costal drive up to Santa Barbara. I would even go as far as go to Morro Bay to take the castle tour. I might pass up the run these last events of the runs left me wondering.....
Old 10-05-2004, 10:30 AM
arodbrs

Default la tuna cyn............

pch is a fun ride but there are two many cops, like last time a z was ticketd and i dont think we should put ourselves in that position again.

Ive heard alot of good things about tuna cyn, i think we should try it out we've done the other roads already, just my opinion thou, but im ready for anything.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:40 AM
hfm

There is an awesome restaurant call the Brown Pelican that is right in front of the cleanest beach I've seen in So. Cal. and is located in Santa Barbara. As for tickets, Ventura county is notorious so we would be cruising at 70 mph or so, this would be a leisurely drive and not some gum ball rally banzi run.

All options remain open.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yah we can do a cruise but no race down PCH but my ticket was up on the hills and Jen's was on PCH. I think the end of the month was the reason why so many cops were lurking. Also I would like to see what the California coast looks like.....I know it's nothing like driving in New York traffic
Old 10-05-2004, 11:42 AM
zman23

Default Aw Man! I'd love to go but..............

I really hope my Z is fixed by then, cause u can count on me. If not could I catch a ride with someone? I will definitely keep u all posted on when my ride will be fixed but it looks like it could take a while. I pretty much have a whole right rear end to be replaced.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Risk

Default Re: Aw Man! I'd love to go but..............

Originally posted by zman23
I really hope my Z is fixed by then, cause u can count on me. If not could I catch a ride with someone? I will definitely keep u all posted on when my ride will be fixed but it looks like it could take a while. I pretty much have a whole right rear end to be replaced.
Catch a ride huh.....hmmmm......well ok, but only vecause youre 7'9" and wear glasses, you lucked out
Old 10-05-2004, 12:31 PM
TOM JONES

PCH sounds great
Old 10-05-2004, 09:46 PM
ZtoZ

Are any of you guys off work for the Veteran's Day holiday on Nov. 11? I was planning on cruising up to Solvang for the day. I usually take the 101, get off and take Hwy 154 up, takes you through hills and past Lake Cachuma. Really nice drive...Just my thoughts, let me know if any of you are up for it.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:54 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

i prefer night runs myself
Old 10-05-2004, 10:16 PM
jeffa

Jane and I are in for the November run.

Santa Barbara is a great place to go. If we do do this, we can end up at the mission in Santa Barbara. Hugh lawn, great place to picnic. I did this run a few years ago when I was involved in an F-body group. Easy day run, and great scenics up the coast...
Old 10-05-2004, 10:35 PM
___DJK___

Im in for the drive up North. A bunch of us were talking about this a few weeks back. It would be cool if we could get something going with the Nor Cal'ers as well.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:56 AM
shmately

Tuna canyon is one way downhill. It's not well mantained and dangerous. It's the only canyon I've seen that has a 6 inch curb and just over that a sheer drop a few hunred feet, on a one lane road. I've driven every road in the santa monica ranges(probably a few hundred times). There are a lot of awsome roads up there, but that one is not one of them.

Bob has a point, night time is optimum. Less traffic, headlights warning you of cars ahead, and no jacka$$es in your way.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:39 PM
kamz

I would be interested as this would be my first time. Definitely want to get a chance to check out some of the nice rides everyone has. Just got mine and really no mods yet: except for the Z-Xtreme grounding kits so I would like to get some ideas from everyone.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:22 PM
gladz

I'd drive down from Camarillo to drive up to Santa Barbara w/ y'all
Old 10-07-2004, 03:39 PM
hfm

Originally posted by jeffa
Jane and I are in for the November run.

Santa Barbara is a great place to go. If we do do this, we can end up at the mission in Santa Barbara. Hugh lawn, great place to picnic. I did this run a few years ago when I was involved in an F-body group. Easy day run, and great scenics up the coast...
I like this idea a lot Jeff. Here's what I'm thinking, check out this site:

http://www.santabarbara.com/dining/a...an/default.asp

When I first got the Z and with less than 500 miles on her, I decided to do a drive to Santa Barbara. I hit my navigation up for a restaurant and it came up with this spot that is off a small road. I would never have found it but for the navigation system. Anyways, the place is really very nice. Let's get there for brunch and depending upon how things go, seeing as it is a really nice beach, we can move on to the mission for more picnicing for lunch and for those who want to bring a basket instead of ordering. Actually, a basket would work fine at the beach as well.

Shmately, you're right about Tuna canyon. There is some nasty single lane or lane and a half action in parts of that road. And, it's not the best road.

I dig the Brown Pelican.

From memory, breakfast can be had for about $10.00 but you can go upscale if you want a really nice lunch, wine etc.

Last edited by hfm; 10-07-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Damn, that place is gorgeous at night. We're in, but what are the tentative dates, or has that even been considered yet? Are you guys doing this U.S. Thanksgiving day weekend??? Cause that's 4 straight days off; 25-28. I am down with that gorgeous eatery, and vista!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:01 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

im down for SB, and ill be able to enjoy a glass of wine and now adult will haveto buy it for me.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:15 AM
hfm

Okay, let's get date preferences for Santa Barbara:

1. hfm 6, 7, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28

I wondering if we want to go even further north. Up to you guys.

Last edited by hfm; 10-08-2004 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Mid to Late November Canyon Run