Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Back-up Forum Site?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 03:03 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Back-up Forum Site?

As many of you So. Cal. folks may recall, we decided that this site would be used for communications with respect to our events, runs and meets.

Lately, the site has been up so sporatically that confirmations, meet locations, dates and times might not be accessable. So, I think it would be prudent to have a site as back-up with at least the location, date & time of an event incase this site goes down. This way, no one should get left out in the cold due to a forum glitch. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking either 350Motoring.com or 350-Tech.com. as a back-up forum site. What do you guys think? Do we need a back-up site? If so, which one?
Old 10-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Back-up Forum Site?

Originally posted by hfm
As many of you So. Cal. folks may recall, we decided that this site would be used for communications with respect to our events, runs and meets.

Lately, the site has been up so sporatically that confirmations, meet locations, dates and times might not be accessable. So, I think it would be prudent to have a site as back-up with at least the location, date & time of an event incase this site goes down. This way, no one should get left out in the cold due to a forum glitch. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking either 350Motoring.com or 350-Tech.com. as a back-up forum site. What do you guys think? Do we need a back-up site? If so, which one?
Has anyone tried to contact the owners/moderators of this forum to try to get the issues resolved?? I think this would be a good step to take before we start overloading another forum as well. I do agree though that the down time recently has been rather frustrating to deal with and a backup plan may be a good idea.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:46 PM
cckleung

Before they resolve the issue I think we should have a backup site. I like 350-tech.com.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:29 PM
bobowah

hey don't forget you have shiftz.com to use as well..

I think I still have it up at www.jankyinternet.com/forum/

-Jeff
Old 10-20-2004, 07:08 PM
zman23

I'm always on 350zmotoring lately, these guys running this site don't know what the hell there doing. I'm up for anything though, somebody pick another forum and lets do our organizing there.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:47 PM
HanZolo

I've moved to 350zmotoring as well. There's enough traffic already there so it's not like recreating the wheel.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:26 AM
importriders

Originally posted by bobowah
hey don't forget you have shiftz.com to use as well..

I think I still have it up at www.jankyinternet.com/forum/

-Jeff
DAMN JEFF!!! I can't believe you still have that site up. HAHAHAHA....memories...
Old 10-21-2004, 08:43 AM
___DJK___

Another vote for motoring here, although Im starting to like ********** more and more.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:28 AM
kamz

when this site is down, i'm at 350zmotoring...
Old 10-21-2004, 11:49 AM
jeffa

I have also been at 350zmotoring
Old 10-21-2004, 12:29 PM
ChrisMCagle

Default Tech is the way to go

My new home is www.**********.com. It's awesome there and there are practically NONE of the posting restrictions there that there are here.

It'll be great if we can get all the old friends hooked up over there so that we don't lose contact.

This ship is going down faster than the Titanic.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:18 AM
frenzee

Default Re: Tech is the way to go

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
My new home is www.**********.com. It's awesome there and there are practically NONE of the posting restrictions there that there are here.

It'll be great if we can get all the old friends hooked up over there so that we don't lose contact.

This ship is going down faster than the Titanic.
I agree with everyone above - it's time to bail. Problem is ********** doesn't have a SoCal regional sub-forum, and nor does mororing unfortunately. Maybe if we all PM the respective admins, they'll set one up. Can't be that hard.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:01 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Re: Tech is the way to go

Originally posted by frenzee
I agree with everyone above - it's time to bail. Problem is ********** doesn't have a SoCal regional sub-forum, and nor does mororing unfortunately. Maybe if we all PM the respective admins, they'll set one up. Can't be that hard.
Yeah, I noticed the lack of a SoCal forum too, but the Admins will set one up without a problem, I'm sure. They actually care about the forum members over there.
I just sent a request to one of the admins. I'll let you all know when the forum is set up.

-Chris

Last edited by ChrisMCagle; 10-22-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:22 PM
hfm

Default Re: Re: Re: Tech is the way to go

Well, folks, did you see the announcement? It's probably hard to see since the "jump to forum" function is disabled.

I've been hearing that things are in the works from elsewhere as well so the forum will be running like normal or better at some date uncertain. At anyrate, I visit 350Motoring when the forum is down. And, it seems a lot of us do. So, if there is a meet and you've posted information and are worried about the site going down, I think that would be the best place to post about it. Hopefully, the forum will be fixed soon and having a back-up site is a temporary thing.

I'm not sure if it is posted elsewhere but the announcement is in our So. Cal. forum from Godzilla, our No. Cal. vendor with StrictlyZ:

"MY350Z WEBSITE/SERVER UPDATE!!
As most of you know the Website has been up and down lately.

I won’t get into the details too deep but the main issue is this site is huge and takes up a ton of disc space and eats up a lot of CPU/Memory running it. Yes it needs another server and Yes we are getting one. However, it’s not as simple as just plugging one in and go. (If it were TRUST ME it would have already been done!!!)

Unlike some other sites out there we have about 10x the amount of data they have and at least twice the amount of members and our database alone is over 30Gigs in size. With the server co-located and that amount of data we do not want just anyone to upgrade it or even have access to the backend. At the same time we are debating on whether to co-locate at the same place or somewhere else, or use 2 servers vrs 1. Thus, part of the reason its taking us so long to upgrade.

Changes are coming so please bare with us.

I will keep everyone posted on what’s going on and when it will happen as we get closer.

BTW For everyone that reads this Please give the Mod’s and Admin’s some slack especially Victor “AKA Mike Wazowski” He’s devoted so much time and effort to the site (Pretty much every thing that have helped make the site as big as it is now.)
Kyle "
Old 10-28-2004, 10:53 AM
zman23

Hey all,
I new Z site has just opened up its call Ztuners and you can get there by going to http://www.ztuners.com
Check it out!
Old 10-28-2004, 12:03 PM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by zman23
Hey all,
I new Z site has just opened up its call Ztuners and you can get there by going to http://www.ztuners.com
Check it out!
See... now there are just too many choices.

-Chris