Notices

MN Spring Barbeque/Cruise for Gs and Zs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM
tenpenniesz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Enjoying the roads too much?

April 25th sounds fine to me. I'll mark it on the calendar just to be sure. If there's a change, I'm somewhat flexible.

What are some ideas for things to do that day?

Of course my vote is for the shortened version of the twistees cruise we did last spring. I don't know about you guys but I am seriously itching to do some driving. I definitley need to do a spirited driving event versus a just cruising event. We could meet around 9am again for coffee somewhere and then head out. We could do the cruise in a few hours and be back in the cities by 2pm (including a stop for lunch and site seeing). This is my vote.

Last edited by tenpenniesz; 03-02-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by WannabeSS
Would you guys give a **** if the Acura TL club came out? Its an asian luxury sport car with wrong wheel drive but its the same class as our cars (well, mine atleast)
Who? What? Where?
Originally Posted by tenpenniesz
Of course my vote is for the shortened version of the twistees cruise we did last spring. I don't know about you guys but I am seriously itching to do some driving. I definitley need to do a spirited driving event versus a just cruising event. We could meet around 9am again for coffee somewhere and then head out. We could do the cruise in a few hours and be back in the cities by 2pm (including a stop for lunch and site seeing). This is my vote.
That's what she said when .... nevermind.

My Z will be out of commission for at least another month if not two. I normally don't bring her out until May anyway. I'm sure exceptions can be made.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
WannabeSS

A few guys from acurazine that have TLs. I said would you care if they came? Would make our meet larger and meet some new people. For front wheel fails, some of their cars look pretty sick.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:27 AM
tenpenniesz

Same here - Got a few projects for my Z that I have put off. Need new brakes and new rear tires. In addition I have a few other upgrades that i have to install.

Last edited by tenpenniesz; 03-03-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 AM
tenpenniesz

A few guys from acurazine that have TLs. I said would you care if they came? Would make our meet larger and meet some new people. For front wheel fails, some of their cars look pretty sick.
No problems here! Bring em along!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:27 AM
WannabeSS

lol if we do a twisty cruise, their FWDs would be at the back haha

Understeeeeeeer
Old 03-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bring the TL guys. The more, the merrier... as long as they're not douchebags and will talk our ears off about how they smoked a Mustang...

I've always associated the TL with a more classy crew, so I don't think there will be problems.

So what's the agenda for the meet? Bbq? Cruise? Spirited driving? Where?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I say we hit up some twisties
Old 03-03-2009, 02:42 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would you guys give a **** if the Acura TL club came out? Its an asian luxury sport car with wrong wheel drive but its the same class as our cars (well, mine atleast)
good one
Old 03-03-2009, 02:43 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
I say we hit up some twisties
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM
WannabeSS

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
good one
lol too true.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:55 PM
andrew350z

lets throw out some dates, im sick of looking at this dang site everyday and the snow outside wondering when i get to drive my car! Throw out some ideas people, everybody take a vote on what they wanna do and lets do it! Im down for whatever, even driving to hang with the Nebraska guys for a weekend. Throw out some ideas and your only idea is some twisties then WHERE??????? lets get specific!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:13 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

An idea that Ben gave me and I modified (yes, it's the winter blues and I had to mod something)....

Why don't we cruise down to Redwing (or Wabasha) and do lunch, take some pics, chill out, etc. People from around that area can come up to meet us.

We could do a Chinese buffet for lunch, Subways, DQ, or whatever. I'm not feelin' the wait time at a sitdown style place. I want to be able to eat, check out the scenery, talk cars, etc without being bothered by a waiter who probably never gets our orders right.

Looks like there's some nice parks and scenic spots around Redwing that we could do some photoshoots. Heck, we should just cruise on in to a local Nissan dealership down there and surprise them.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:16 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

You know, I've always wanted to go to the Ellington Car Museum up in Rogers. I think I've mentioned that as a destination before. Lots of places to eat around there, and some of the county roads are fun to drive.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:20 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You know, I've always wanted to go to the Ellington Car Museum up in Rogers. I think I've mentioned that as a destination before. Lots of places to eat around there, and some of the county roads are fun to drive.
+1

I know some good roads in that area too

oh we could eat at the sonic in elk river

Last edited by sportbiketed; 03-03-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

An idea that Ben gave me and I modified (yes, it's the winter blues and I had to mod something)....

Why don't we cruise down to Redwing (or Wabasha) and do lunch, take some pics, chill out, etc. People from around that area can come up to meet us.

We could do a Chinese buffet for lunch, Subways, DQ, or whatever. I'm not feelin' the wait time at a sitdown style place. I want to be able to eat, check out the scenery, talk cars, etc without being bothered by a waiter who probably never gets our orders right.

Looks like there's some nice parks and scenic spots around Redwing that we could do some photoshoots. Heck, we should just cruise on in to a local Nissan dealership down there and surprise them.

Sounds good! After party at your house, right?
Old 03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Check out the new thread I started on Tech. I was looking at a map and saw some really cool roads in the hills and valleys of Goodhue County outside of Red Wing. Muahahahaha!

Seriously, I'd link you but.... just go check it.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:58 PM
tenpenniesz

Dave - per my pm I like the idea of maybe splitting the trip into 2 parts. For the first part we can head down to the Red Wing and grap lunch somewhere. Those that maybe don't have a lot of time can head back from here. For the second part of the trip, for those that want to go, we head down to Wabasha and then over on the Twistees on hwy 60. It is almost a crime to go down that far and not drive the twistees. I actually was looking at the map and am thinking that we could head down on 61 to Wabasha and then over on the twistees on hwy 60 and then cut over on hwy 63 north back up to Lake City and then north on hwy 61 back to the cities. This would be some fun driving on some great roads. I've been around on the roads in Red Wing and I think going a little further south to the bluffs would make for a better drive. Come end of April I am going to need to work out some serious driving. So here is what I propse:

10am - Meet up somewhere in the cities (Maybe at the part in Hastings that we stopped at last spring)

10:30 or so - Head down to Red Wing on hwy 61.

12pm - Grab lunch and take in the scenery, take a few pics and cruise around town.

2pm - (for those that want to continue) head down on hwy 61 to Wabasha and cut over onto hwy 60 for some spirited twistee driving. From here we will head over and then back up on hwy 63 to lake city and then back up on 61 to the cities.

4pm - Arrive back in the cities and then maybe a final cruise around the lake and they stop off for a bbq or something.

Last edited by tenpenniesz; 03-04-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
tenpenniesz

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
+1

I know some good roads in that area too

oh we could eat at the sonic in elk river
Come on guys! Let's do some driving! After a long winter the Z's need to get out and stretch their legs. We can do a cruise around the cities any weekend.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I'm offering my house as the staging location for the start. I can have coffee and donuts or bagels if people need to 'gas' up for the trip. And I have clean bathrooms. I'm conveniently near Co 42, and we can take some back roads over to Hastings or wherever. I see all kinds of options. Taking Cedar Ave south all the way to Hwy 50 and cutting east takes us through Farmington and all the way to Hampton and Hwy 80 which eventually turns into 61.

Quick Reply: MN Spring Barbeque/Cruise for Gs and Zs?