Notices

Minnesota Spring Meet - April 25

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:29 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tenpenniesz
Funny! Though probably not a bad thing if you have not run the twistees before. You can see where things have the potential to go a little wrong if you head into some of those corners a little hot. A buddy and I found the Twistees a few years back. I had a TT and he had a GTI at the time. We never were able to hit the road real hard until he upgraded to an STI and I got the Z. I think the only way to fully appreciate the twistees is run them with a minimum of one or two cars at a time. Next time we should space it out a few minutes between each car and give everyone a chance to run the course at their speed. We could set guys up on each end of the course with walkies to alert the drivers to any traffic. There is plenty of places to park on either side of the route to stage the cars. Might be fun. As long as noone gets too crazy and crashes!
I could of ran her harder , i've ran some twisties before this, and I know just how hard and fast I can take those tight s-turns and swooping turns. My passenger on the other hand was getting a little freaked out though

Originally Posted by WannabeSS
He was a bad example of a twisty driver. My G family sedan was on the asses of the 3 lead Gs. Our cars will get n **** with the best of them with a proper driver
Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
HAHAHAHA, that was me!!! I cant say much now cuz I just got back from a bday party but **** I'm sorry. I was lovin the twisties and havin some problems at the same time, first time I've really "driven" my car before that time, so my apologies for being slow.
I wasn't being too serious, it was still a good drive

Last edited by NISMO_558; 04-26-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:32 AM
WannabeSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^No passenger FTW

I was just keeping up with the Zs listening to some crazy techno music haha
Old 04-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Alpha Ice

^No passenger FTW

I was just keeping up with the Zs listening to some crazy techno music haha
German Techno music from Super Troopers?! haha. I just got some of the pics uploaded, I have a few hundred more I took that I didnt post, but if ppl want to see even more I'll do some more work tomorrow night. Thanks again for hosting Dave, it was a great turnout! Heres the link, enjoy http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...view=slideshow
Old 04-26-2009, 09:44 AM
WannabeSS

Actually i was hahaha

I went out to look at my cart this morning and it made me sad. My front bumper, and lip in particular, is pitted to hell... I hope it doesnt look so bad after a wash....
Old 04-26-2009, 10:04 AM
NISMO_558

^ tell me about it, my front bumper and front part of my hood need one hell of a buffing
Old 04-26-2009, 10:07 AM
mysticmotion

I was the last of the front seven cars before Alpha and we just totally seperated from the rest of you through the twisties Even on the long straight in between I didn't see you guys in my rear view within even almost a mile of us Janik's crazy *** was probably only a car length on a silver Z (Ben's?) on some parts of those twisties.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:01 AM
| 1cleanZ |

Hey everyone...Just wanted to say it was great meeting everyone.

How often do the Z's all meet? we should definitely do combo meets more(not sure how often you do since it was my first one), but I know in my past car club we used to try and get together every or every other month for a bbq or grill out.

The pix so far are great....but I'm prrrretty sure they aren't as good as the ones I'm trrrrrrrrrrrying to upload right now. The pic sizes are huge so I'm trying to shrink them to get them all up for everyone to see....got some great shots of all your cars!!! Didn't really realize till i was going through all the pix...HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET PIX OF MY CAR WITH NICK HANGIN OUT MY SUNROOF/WINDOW TAKIN PIX OF ALL YOUR CARS?? hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! ...but yeah, I'll get them up as soon as I can get them all uploaded.

Thanks for hosting Dave, definitely appreciate it!

DOUG!!!! Buddy, where'd we lose you in Redwing man? or were you plannin on parting from there??
Old 04-26-2009, 11:09 AM
WannabeSS

Originally Posted by NISMO_558
^ tell me about it, my front bumper and front part of my hood need one hell of a buffing
Can you even buff this stuff out? I hate how it feels rough.... i have a feeling it may have been worse had i not just spent 5 hours applying sealents and waxes to my whole car.
Originally Posted by mysticmotion
I was the last of the front seven cars before Alpha and we just totally seperated from the rest of you through the twisties Even on the long straight in between I didn't see you guys in my rear view within even almost a mile of us Janik's crazy *** was probably only a car length on a silver Z (Ben's?) on some parts of those twisties.
Hahahahaha i was seeing if ben could pull away at all Couldnt lose my 4 door.
Originally Posted by StreetDreamZ
Hey everyone...Just wanted to say it was great meeting everyone.

How often do the Z's all meet? we should definitely do combo meets more(not sure how often you do since it was my first one), but I know in my past car club we used to try and get together every or every other month for a bbq or grill out.

The pix so far are great....but I'm prrrretty sure they aren't as good as the ones I'm trrrrrrrrrrrying to upload right now. The pic sizes are huge so I'm trying to shrink them to get them all up for everyone to see....got some great shots of all your cars!!! Didn't really realize till i was going through all the pix...HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET PIX OF MY CAR WITH NICK HANGIN OUT MY SUNROOF/WINDOW TAKIN PIX OF ALL YOUR CARS?? hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! ...but yeah, I'll get them up as soon as I can get them all uploaded.

Thanks for hosting Dave, definitely appreciate it!

DOUG!!!! Buddy, where'd we lose you in Redwing man? or were you plannin on parting from there??
Cant wait to see the pics man. IOm sure quite a few people got pics of your roommate hangin out the window
Old 04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Jackstand

IDK my Girl was having a blast listing to music. When we were going 140 she looked over at the spedo giggled and looked away. I think having a passenger isnt bad as long as they are awesome!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:30 PM
CUL8ER

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually i was hahaha

I went out to look at my cart this morning and it made me sad. My front bumper, and lip in particular, is pitted to hell... I hope it doesnt look so bad after a wash....
Mine as well, it looked so good in the morning. Now it looks like my stock front bumper before I switched it should have 3M'ed it. O-well I had a blast and that's what it is all about.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My bumper looked perfect this morning when it was covered in water and whatnot.

I made it home safe.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Glad to see you made it, Ben. Also glad that you had a great time here after driving all the way down.

I know that all the ladies yesterday were cold, but hopefully it's warmer for the next meet and they show up again.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:08 PM
WannabeSS

Originally Posted by Jackstand
IDK my Girl was having a blast listing to music. When we were going 140 she looked over at the spedo giggled and looked away. I think having a passenger isnt bad as long as they are awesome!
I hit 140 too once i finally figured out where you guys were when we got lost I was excited to get back to the group of people.
Originally Posted by CUL8ER
Mine as well, it looked so good in the morning. Now it looks like my stock front bumper before I switched it should have 3M'ed it. O-well I had a blast and that's what it is all about.
What can ya do? Tried working it a little tonight. No luck.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:00 PM
andrew350z

my bumper is coming off tomorrow hopefully to be repainted.... sooooo hammered! but it was still worth every second! Can't wait to see the video from cul8er's video camera and also the guy who was hanging out the sunroofs pics of us rolling! Get those up! I will get mine up but i can't find my camera cord at the moment. Thanks again to Dave for organizing and hosting this event, it was a blast to drive and also to meet all of you new guys! It gets better and better every year!
Andrew
Old 04-27-2009, 06:29 AM
iDanilo

Yes it was a good meet, good thing I made it! You guys were about 45min ahead of me and I still caught up at 150mph! Favorite part of the trip was the nice turns there were!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:48 AM
tenpenniesz

Monday's suck! Especially after a good weekend of fun driving.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

After this weekend, it feels like I should be doing some similar driving all the time... I'm addicted
Old 04-27-2009, 11:51 AM
NISMO_558

Can you even buff this stuff out? I hate how it feels rough.... i have a feeling it may have been worse had i not just spent 5 hours applying sealents and waxes to my whole car.
the bumper should be able to buff out ok, but the hood got hit pretty bad, I don't how well some of those chips are going to turn out. It doesn't matter too much, since after my trip to BIR i'm getting it resprayed anyways.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:47 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Not to worry about the chips in the front, it means you did some good driving which is what it's all about.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:04 PM
NISMO_558

^ True

Quick Reply: Minnesota Spring Meet - April 25