Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Clear bra installers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004 | 02:00 PM
doodeitstom

Default Clear bra installers

Any experienced, good clear bra installers in the dfw area?
Old 12-30-2004 | 11:59 AM
Genji

I had mine done at Earmark Audio. They also do window tinting.
I haven't had anyone notice it's even been applied. I did not have it applied to the hood... didn't want that visible line there. The brand of film they use claims it doesn't yellow over time.

Last edited by Genji; 12-30-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2004 | 04:26 AM
daequitz

Thumbs up Re: Clear bra installers

Originally posted by doodeitstom
Any experienced, good clear bra installers in the dfw area?
Looking for the same in DFW - professional install, great customer service, and reasonable price......
Old 12-31-2004 | 07:56 AM
doodeitstom

I guess earmark sounds pretty good. How much did you spend genji?
Old 12-31-2004 | 08:27 AM
Genji

For the front end and lower lip pieces: $228 with $150 labor.
$31 tax $409 total.
Old 12-31-2004 | 08:44 AM
350zluvr

I had mine done at sunmasters in farmers branch / addison. Great customer service and I got a really good deal. They do window tinting, and alarm / audio installs as well. I also had my Valentine 1 hardwired with them and they have taken care of me very well with.

Clear bra: entire front end, top front roof portion, upper and lower side mirrors, A-pillars = around $500.00. They use the 3M pre-cut kit (so they don't cut on the Z and destroy it), and the materials / glue is not supposed to yellow over time. Had the kit on for about a year and am very satisfied with the work performed, especially compared to others I have seen, they include a 5-year warranty on the work and materials (don't quote me on this but ask them to verify).

Ask for Mike (Owner)

(972) 934-1114

Last edited by 350zluvr; 12-31-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-31-2004 | 10:07 AM
daequitz

Originally posted by 350zluvr
I had mine done at sunmasters in farmers branch / addison. Great customer service and I got a really good deal. They do window tinting, and alarm / audio installs as well. I also had my Valentine 1 hardwired with them and they have taken care of me very well with.

Clear bra: entire front end, top front roof portion, upper and lower side mirrors, A-pillars = around $500.00. They use the 3M pre-cut kit (so they don't cut on the Z and destroy it), and the materials / glue is not supposed to yellow over time. Had the kit on for about a year and am very satisfied with the work performed, especially compared to others I have seen, they include a 5-year warranty on the work and materials (don't quote me on this but ask them to verify).

Ask for Mike (Owner)

(972) 934-1114
Great feedback! Thanks. I had a vehicle done there a few years back with a pre-cut kit and it took a couple of trys to get it right. They finally made it right but it took some time and several visits. So, I definitely would've given them high marks for customer service.

However, I understand their installers aren't certified. I'm not exactly sure yet what that means. I had a "certified" shop in Irving recently tell me that. The Irving shop quoted about $850 including materials and installation.

FWIW, I hear from several folks the Z front bumper and hood kits are one of the trickiest kits to install...........Blairs in Dallas quoted me 9 hours labor for the install. That seemed a bit much.

I'll give Sunmasters a call.
Old 12-31-2004 | 11:43 AM
doodeitstom

409 for the front bumper. 500 for entire front end with 3m but uncertified installers, 850 in irving. I just called a place in Southlake and he quoted me 1000 for just bumper and hood. 350luver, do you have any close up of the your car?
Old 12-31-2004 | 02:19 PM
350zluvr

409 for the front bumper. 500 for entire front end with 3m but uncertified installers, 850 in irving. I just called a place in Southlake and he quoted me 1000 for just bumper and hood. 350luver, do you have any close up of the your car?
I will take some pictures for you hopefully tomorrow if I can still walk. My car is filthy as you will see and the pics will be from a camera phone but I think it will still be give you an idea of their work. Will have them posted as soon as possible.
Old 12-31-2004 | 09:40 PM
350zluvr

Default Let me know if these help

Right Front View:

Right Side Mirror:

Right Top:

Let me know if you have requests of particular portions.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2004 | 11:29 PM
doodeitstom

not too shabby I like it. I guess sunmasters it is. Do they warranty their work?
Old 01-03-2005 | 12:57 PM
txsunset

Take a look at: http://www.textint.com/

Look at paint protection.

Last edited by txsunset; 01-03-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2005 | 04:01 PM
daequitz

Originally posted by txsunset
Take a look at: http://www.textint.com/

Look at paint protection.
txsunset, Have you had work done by these folks? That's the place I mentioned above that quoted me 9 hours labor for install.
Old 01-03-2005 | 04:34 PM
doodeitstom

thats also the place that says the labor rate is just as much as the kit. that comes out to almost a grand with tax and everything. daequitz, I think we should hit up sunmasters. They supposedly warranty their work and supplies. Maybe a discount for 2?
Old 01-03-2005 | 05:57 PM
Acree

i've had my Z for one week and already have one rock chip. i need to get one too. if you guys can get a "group discount" i'm definately in. lemme know.
Old 01-04-2005 | 03:34 AM
daequitz

Thumbs up

thats also the place that says the labor rate is just as much as the kit. that comes out to almost a grand with tax and everything. daequitz, I think we should hit up sunmasters. They supposedly warranty their work and supplies. Maybe a discount for 2?
doodeitstom, I'm in for Sunmasters. I'm swamped at work right now with the beginning of the year and all, so I haven't had a chance yet to call........
Old 01-04-2005 | 03:52 AM
txsunset

Originally posted by daequitz
txsunset, Have you had work done by these folks? That's the place I mentioned above that quoted me 9 hours labor for install.
No. Just saw their web site and thought I'd pass it on as info.
Old 01-04-2005 | 10:26 AM
doodeitstom

Ok so far we have 3. Me, daequitz, and 350twinturbo. If I get a chance Ill call em up and ask them to give us a discount.
Old 01-05-2005 | 10:57 AM
350zluvr

Default Just saw this

I just found a group buy for clear bras on this site, and even though it is going on in the East coast perhaps ordering the material from them and getting it installed closer to home would prove beneficial.

Worth checking out
Old 01-05-2005 | 11:25 AM
Premier Mobile

Hi guys. Just wanted to introduce ourselves. Our company, Premier Mobile Aesthetics Group has been in the window films industry for 8 yrs and paint protection film for almost 6. Our company is mainly out of the San Francisco Bay, but in recents yrs have been performing group buys all over the country. We recently returned from a group buy in Hong Kong for a dozen 996s.

9hrs for paint protection install is pretty excessive. Our average is 2.5 hrs for the 350z full kit (hood portion, fender caps, mirrors, and front bumper). We have worked on hundreds of 350zs over the past few yrs and are also skilled at performing custom work on aftermarket bumpers as well. We are also one of several companies in the United States that are skilled enough with film large enough to wrap the entire hood for those not wanting to see any seems on the hood at all. As for window tint, our master technician and CEO is Madico China's Distribution Site's Window Films Installation Trainer. So our techs are some of the best in the industry as they are certified and properly trained before performing any work on the customer's vehicle.

The film we use is Venture and comes with a lifetime warranty from fading, yellowing, and bubbling. For those interested in using 3m, we carry this film for dealerships as well bc some dealerships prefer to use it because of the name. However, 3m only comes with a 5 yr warranty. Venture's film is much clearer and is being used by Nissan, Ferrari, Dodge, Chrysler, GM, and a few others.

We included pricing for window tint as well. As long as we have 3 or more cars for the clearbra, the tint pricing is in effect. Here is the pricing for the 350z group buy:

-3-5 cars:
*$490 full kit,
*$390 for whole hood
*window tint (3 windows): $175
*window tint (5 windows): $225
*windshield: $125

-6-10 cars:
*$445 full kit
*$345 for entire hood
*window tint (3 windows): $150
*window tint (5 windows): $195
*windshield tint: $95

11+ cars:
*$415 full kit
*290 for entire hood
*window tint (3 windows): $135
*window tint (5 windows): $180
*windshield tint: $80

Here's our requirements before we send out our best installers:
-25% deposit
-prepaid plane ticket(s) or reimbursement of plane ticket(s)
-at least 3 vehicles on the list
-one generous z owner to lend us their garage for the installation
-provide pick up at airport as we are not familiar with the area and do not want to get lost.

If anyone has questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Below are some pics of our work:
Attached Thumbnails Clear bra installers-114-1425_img.jpg  

Quick Reply: Clear bra installers