Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Houston Z's

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:04 AM
Randall Patters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There you go. Please try to avoid the weekend of the 25 - 26 of June( Judas priest concert and Sharons B-day). Talk to the Houston gang and post it up on the ZOS forum.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:10 AM
jaimito2222

Originally Posted by HarvesterUT
Sat night at 8pm...hmm im going to a wedding that day and if i get out of there early enough ill show up

is the restaurant off I45 north right north of West Road?
yeah i-45 north and west rd.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:11 AM
jaimito2222

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Alright sounds like there is enough interest. For you guys doing shiet this weekend, don't worry I wasn't thinking this sat. Really I was looking for a a group that already met once in a while. Since it looks like there isn't something informal, guess I do some planning. Is a weeks notice enough time? How does Sat. May 30. Around 8-8:30. I get off work at 7. I'll contact Jaimito about holding it at Mambo Seafood. I may even check it out tomorrow. Is there a large enough parking lot? If Mambo doesn't pan out, I'll check out Cheddars on 8 and Westpark. They have a huge parking lot. It's something neutral, Westheimer is close by so we can cruise afterwards. Would yall also be down to chill maybe at Sherlocks or another bar maybe in rice village?

In terms of SA/Austin/Dallas Z's I'm pretty sure ZOS(350zos.com) is having a meet on the 30th in Temple.

If 30th is cool then I'm gonna make an official post here and the other Z forums. See if we can drum up some other Z's that don't usually make it out to the meets.
the parking lot is huge...and we have a really big patio...
Old 04-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Steve_TexasZ

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Yeah, I meant April 30th. Is that doable for people?
Sounds good. Setup a time and place and I'll make it. If you can post the address it will make it easy to mapquest it.

Steve
Old 04-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Steve_TexasZ

Originally Posted by zcardave
MethodRN
sorry...didn't mean it to come across as a personal attack.
You can ask TruBluZ....I usually kid around a lot. Didn't mean to offend.

TruBlu...you are still a traitor, but you're still my buddy...
Hope to see you soon !

I understand that the "club scene" isn't for everyone...it just gets irritating when I bust my butt putting together an event and have a handful of cars show up, but someone posts that they're going to Hooter's tonight and 30 cars show up !

I'm working on a track event at Texas World Speedway now. That takes a lot of time/phone calls/arranging....but there seems to be very little interest from the Z forum. Luckily, there are enough people who are ready to "take it to the track", to make it worth my while.

I'm also working on a cruise on April 30th up in the Atascosita Area. Think there would be some interest in that?
I'm not familiar with that part of town....our club prez is putting this one together.
zcardave
Dave - the big ZCOH events are great but it's not always easy to get away for a full day event.

Steve
ZCOH Member
Old 04-25-2005, 10:11 AM
zcardave

Steve,
thanks for the positive input. This is the kind of information I need.
I guess I have a tendency to think on a more "grandios" scale...looks like I need to tone it down a notch or two.

Method,
as an act of good faith (and to try make sure there's no hard feelings), how about if the ZCOH moves their planned cruise from the Atascocita Area to where you're planning on meeting?

If we're invited, send me all the details asap so I can get it out on our club email list.
zcardave
Old 04-26-2005, 09:21 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zcardave
Steve,
thanks for the positive input. This is the kind of information I need.
I guess I have a tendency to think on a more "grandios" scale...looks like I need to tone it down a notch or two.

Method,
as an act of good faith (and to try make sure there's no hard feelings), how about if the ZCOH moves their planned cruise from the Atascocita Area to where you're planning on meeting?

If we're invited, send me all the details asap so I can get it out on our club email list.
zcardave
Dave
I don't see why the club couldn't make it out to the meet. You should know that everyone is invited. Maybe you could pick up a few new members along the way?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:36 AM
zcardave

Tru,
as you and I have discussed before...we've got to figure out what the "younger" Z Owners want.
But...
I don't think this should be a membership chase....just want to show up as a sign of solidarity among the ranks
...and since Method and I seemed to get off on the wrong foot (my fault), and since he did start the idea of this cruise, I didn't want to just show up and "crash the party".

Awaiting the finalized details,
zcardave
Old 04-27-2005, 10:59 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

What time is the Atascosita cruise?

I get off work at around 7-730pm and gotta come from med center. That's why I was trying for an 8-830 time frame.

Haven't had time to drive up to Mambo so I'm gonna set this up either Red Robin on Richmond and 8 or Cheddars on Wespark and 8. Both have huge parking lots and good food. Pass the word aroud. Need some numbers to work with as to how many people to expect. So I can see which place can accomadate us.

Dave no offense taken. Of course yall are invited.

Weather permitting here's the plan.

Date: Sat. April 30th
Time: 8:30PM
Place: Red Robin (Beltway 8 and Richmond) or Cheddars (Beltway 8 and Westpark). Will post on Friday. Places are a block apart so shouldn't affect travel plans.
Dinner? If yall wanna eat I need numer of people by Friday afternoon.
Cuise? A cruise down Westheimer to a bar in Rice village if yall are up for it.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:29 PM
jaimito2222

can anyone meet friday night??....cause i have to work saturday night, and no one apparently wants to go to mambo's...
Old 04-28-2005, 12:13 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

IF yall want we can move the meet to Friday night.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:01 PM
zcardave

Method...
my members are about to pester the pizz out of me about the cruise this weekend. Some want Fri, some want Sat. Some want to go to Atascocita, some don't.

I propose that we just meet at Red Robin, this Friday, starting around 7pm. People can wander in and out in groups as they want, to eat. The real meet will be out in the parking lot anyway. When you arrive 8 or so, you can take it from there.

PLEEEZE don't think I'm trying to take over your event....I just want to help, but my members are driving me NUTS, wanting to do this
This is going to be the game-plan that I'll mail out to our members.

If you don't mind, I'll pass out some flyers inviting everyone to join us on Sunday (May 1st) to go to College Station for a tour of the track at Texas World Speedway

How about if we plan a mutual event to Mambo's next? Pick a date.
Looking forward to meeting you and a bunch of new Z Fanatics,
zcardave
Old 04-28-2005, 06:40 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

Friday night....Red Robin....7pm. I'll do my best to be there......90% sure
Old 04-28-2005, 08:07 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Hey Dave, thanks for the help. This isn't my event to be taken over anyways. Just wanted to make an iniative. I need all the help I can get. It would be nice to meet up w/ everyone. Friday sounds great, I'm not working so I'll be there at 7. Man I would love to tour Texas world speedway again. Last time I went I was a passenger in a friends 500awhp 911 turbo. What a rush!!!! I'll pass the word along at houston-import.com to see if I can generate some interest. Thanks again Dave.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:14 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

well the woman is at work til late so ill be there. 8:30ish at red robin...if no one is there ill head to cheddars
Old 04-30-2005, 08:54 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

anything still going down tonight, the 30th? had a good time alst night.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:05 AM
jcano

any meet place sounds good, just got my 2003 touring and i love it!!
Old 05-01-2005, 12:21 PM
3-fity

Here's how its going down... I am stuck in Houston for the next week at the Reliant Center. So all you Houston Z's need to bring me some booze and hookers to keep me busy.

Not really... but is there ANYTHING! to do around this area, besides getting shot at or offered crack?

Last edited by 3-fity; 05-01-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:42 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Well downtown is just a train ride away and starting on friday even thursday night there's a lot to do. There's also the rice village. If you want 3-fity me and my friends might go drinking tomorrow night after we leave the hospital, you're welcome to come along. I work in the Medical Center and that's just north of Reliant Center. What are you doing at Reliant Center?
Old 05-01-2005, 06:17 PM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3-fity
Here's how its going down... I am stuck in Houston for the next week at the Reliant Center. So all you Houston Z's need to bring me some booze and hookers to keep me busy.

Not really... but is there ANYTHING! to do around this area, besides getting shot at or offered crack?
OTC?

Quick Reply: Houston Z's