Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

painting front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:54 PM
bangooface

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting front bumper

Hey guys, I recently damaged my front bumper and just bought a used one. I bought it cheap, but it has many swirl marks, light scratches and rock chips. I was thinking about taking it to the dealer to repaint, but it will cost extra bacause the color is PPW. Just wondering could buffering the bumper get rid of the marks? Also if it does, does anybody know place in Houston?
Old 02-21-2006, 04:12 AM
Travisf@i-a-v.c

Same with me, PPW. Took it to Poutous near Rice Village. Body man was knowledgeable. See what he says. I had the whole bumper replaced. They did a good job, I thought. Expensive to replace.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:35 AM
joeun

yeah...I have a friend who has to get a ppw bumper painted too...he recently got into a accident at firestone here in houston...I told him that place and z's do not go too well together...he is such a kun jaji pero!!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:29 AM
bangooface

Default poutous

Originally Posted by Travisf@i-a-v.c
Same with me, PPW. Took it to Poutous near Rice Village. Body man was knowledgeable. See what he says. I had the whole bumper replaced. They did a good job, I thought. Expensive to replace.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've just called Poutous and they told me tha they don't do paint jobs. Is there more than one poutous in Houston? The shop I called was in Mills Ln. Oh yeah, how much did you pay for the paint job?
Old 02-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Gryphin

Yea, where are some good places to get anything painted here in houston.. if you know of any shops, post up a name and number! plz! Im sure everyone has something they want done
Old 02-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Travisf@i-a-v.c

Originally Posted by bangooface
Hey, thanks for the reply. I've just called Poutous and they told me tha they don't do paint jobs. Is there more than one poutous in Houston? The shop I called was in Mills Ln. Oh yeah, how much did you pay for the paint job?
This Poutous is 77005. I'm sure they're in the Yellow Pages. Call 'em. I didn't pay for 'just' a paint job. I bought a new bumper plus had the right rocker panel repaired and painted (tire debris on Beltway 8 @ 80mph). Their body shop had to do it twice at the paint manufacturer's expense. They got it right the second time before I ever saw it. Good people.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Jokestrap

Go to the place beside SGP on Veterans. I forgot the name.