Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Houston- WTF is there to do here--RANT

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:19 PM
nexstage350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think there is plenty to do, but yeah it does take time. yeah friends help out a lot too. meet wise, oh man there is plenty, u just have to know where to hit them up. im out all sorts meets some ricey ones and some high dollar ones. just time to know ppl and where the ends and outs are. i've been here most my life and i've lived in cali. now that is a huge difference! LOL totally different scene, but both are still great to me. give it a lil LOL U be aight!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:28 PM
second2none

Damn Magic, I am in the same boat. I agree with the other person that posted a few ahead. Club/bar/lounge scene gets old and yeah I'm in my dwindling twenties too, lol.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:28 PM
batmanesaul

Default ...

Originally Posted by Old School
Give me call one weekend, Magic. You, me, AroundMyHorn, and a couple of my buddies will show you a good time. Most of us have ladies, but we don't always bring em. Plenty of good clubs in midtown, montrose, West U, and DT. If you don't drink, maybe you should try it out in moderation. Drinking takes the edge off and adds to the fun. Plenty of hot ladies out there if yours starts acting up. Some weekends I head to Austin to do extra work for a consulting company, so I'm not always around to hit the clubs. Helps feed my addiction to modifying the Z. On occasion I have get-togethers at my house which are always fun. And if it ever gets too boring, I always have the xbox360 hooked up in the theatre room (120" screen & surround sound). Gears of War and COD3 look amazing in 1080p on a big screen like that. If everyone brought their pimp rides, we'll screw around on the street (03 Viper, 04 S55 Benz, Built Turbo integra, Built Evo, CLS55, M3, 06 Built SC Stang, Z06). We always find a way to have fun. I stay home more often now that my 20s are dwindling away. But hey, ordering a UFC fight on PPV and chilling at the house with 5-10 people is still a good time to me. You got my number...hit me up.

TODD - you do the same bro. Haven't seen you in a while. How's your brother by the way?

EDIT:

WORD!
whoa ur house sounds badass
Old 02-01-2007, 08:51 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Give me call one weekend, Magic. You, me, AroundMyHorn, and a couple of my buddies will show you a good time. Most of us have ladies, but we don't always bring em. Plenty of good clubs in midtown, montrose, West U, and DT. If you don't drink, maybe you should try it out in moderation. Drinking takes the edge off and adds to the fun. Plenty of hot ladies out there if yours starts acting up. Some weekends I head to Austin to do extra work for a consulting company, so I'm not always around to hit the clubs. Helps feed my addiction to modifying the Z. On occasion I have get-togethers at my house which are always fun. And if it ever gets too boring, I always have the xbox360 hooked up in the theatre room (120" screen & surround sound). Gears of War and COD3 look amazing in 1080p on a big screen like that. If everyone brought their pimp rides, we'll screw around on the street (03 Viper, 04 S55 Benz, Built Turbo integra, Built Evo, CLS55, M3, 06 Built SC Stang, Z06). We always find a way to have fun. I stay home more often now that my 20s are dwindling away. But hey, ordering a UFC fight on PPV and chilling at the house with 5-10 people is still a good time to me. You got my number...hit me up.

TODD - you do the same bro. Haven't seen you in a while. How's your brother by the way?

EDIT:

WORD!

better not be that good of a time....lol

Yo, i might be going out of town this weekend but if I dont go i will definitely hit you up on the UFC fight. What the f you been up to lately. Seems like were always missing each others posts and chit. The bro's doing good....that dipchit just got accepted to Georgetown! I still say I got the smarts in the family.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by batmanesaul
whoa ur house sounds badass
Thanks bro. Nothing really crazy. Only 1800sf...I just try and make it to where I don't have to go anywhere to be entertained. Make it a "home" so to speak. AroundMyHorn can vouch for it...he's been there. lol.

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
better not be that good of a time....lol

Yo, i might be going out of town this weekend but if I dont go i will definitely hit you up on the UFC fight. What the f you been up to lately. Seems like were always missing each others posts and chit. The bro's doing good....that dipchit just got accepted to Georgetown! I still say I got the smarts in the family.
Same old thing....working my butt off. Georgetown...whoa!! Tell him congrats! I finally get a weekend to myself, so UFC is just in time for me. Gotta head to a meeting. Holla at you guys later.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:24 AM
AroundMyHorn

Thanks bro. Nothing really crazy. Only 1800sf...I just try and make it to where I don't have to go anywhere to be entertained. Make it a "home" so to speak. AroundMyHorn can vouch for it...he's been there. lol.

Same old thing....working my butt off. Georgetown...whoa!! Tell him congrats! I finally get a weekend to myself, so UFC is just in time for me. Gotta head to a meeting. Holla at you guys later.

if i remember corectly, your going to have a pretty busy schedule this month huh?

Magic....My XBox Live name is JWorld...i play Call of Duty 3, NBA2k 07, and MotoGp on line. Hit me up
Old 02-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

if i remember corectly, your going to have a pretty busy schedule this month huh?

Magic....My XBox Live name is JWorld...i play Call of Duty 3, NBA2k 07, and MotoGp on line. Hit me up

Yea, busy with work....more money I can put toward the build. *Sigh*...I'm tired!! lol. Picked up COD3, Rainbow6 Vegas, and Lost Planet the other day. As soon as I get use to shooting first person again, I'll jump on COD3 and we can tear some sh*t up. I'll be playing GoW tonight.....when you gonna pick that game up? It rocks!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:58 AM
AroundMyHorn

Yea, busy with work....more money I can put toward the build. *Sigh*...I'm tired!! lol. Picked up COD3, Rainbow6 Vegas, and Lost Planet the other day. As soon as I get use to shooting first person again, I'll jump on COD3 and we can tear some sh*t up. I'll be playing GoW tonight.....when you gonna pick that game up? It rocks!

i have it but for some reason i dont like the gameplay. Im more into realistic shooters. Hows rainbow six btw?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:50 AM
rpacman

Old school, I'm addicted to GoW! what's your tag?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:43 AM
ZX14NINJA

Rainbow six is a fun Co-op game!

As far as things to do in Houston, there are plenty. I am not a club/bar person either, but with enough drink in me and surrounded with friends anything becomes fun!!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
OMistry

MagicPie,
I also agree with you that HOUSTON is a $hitty town. I was born and raised in Houston. My family moved away from the city when I was 12 years old, and I have not been back since. My parents relocated back in Houston 2 years ago because all their old friends still reside in the area. However, my story is different. For high school, I went to a boarding school in Philadelphia for 4 years, then went to University of Pittsburgh for undergraduate degree, and, thereafter; I lived in Washington DC for 3 years. I just got use to the life in DC, the fast pace, meeting new people because everyone just moved into DC. The people in DC are much friendlier, I would meet people in lounges or bars, and next thing you know, I am at their house grilling or playing beer pong. Then, I decided that I wanted to further my education. I decided to go to law school down south, so I could be close to my parents. Well, that was #ucking mistake, everyone sucks here. All the people in Houston are so use to their own way of life, and only their group of friends. I wanted to figure out why everyone sucks so much and after pondering the issue; I concluded that the groups of friends are people they grew up with. Houston is a city that does not have influx of people moving in and out. People who live in Houston stay in Houston, and do not explore anything else around them. This is why they only stay friends with their group and not allow themselves to meet new individuals. This attitude makes it hard for people in Houston to incorporate new relationship with individuals that lived some where else. I will agree with some of the individuals that there is a lot of stuff to do in Houston, but even that becomes boring because the individual that attend the functions or events SUCK. To sum it all up, I have a really busy schedule because of am in Law school, but when I am free if you want to go out, work on the rides, or shot the **** I am down. I will pm you my email address. Good Luck and try to make the best of it with hanging with your girl.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by OMistry
MagicPie,
I also agree with you that HOUSTON is a $hitty town. I was born and raised in Houston. My family moved away from the city when I was 12 years old, and I have not been back since. My parents relocated back in Houston 2 years ago because all their old friends still reside in the area. However, my story is different. For high school, I went to a boarding school in Philadelphia for 4 years, then went to University of Pittsburgh for undergraduate degree, and, thereafter; I lived in Washington DC for 3 years. I just got use to the life in DC, the fast pace, meeting new people because everyone just moved into DC. The people in DC are much friendlier, I would meet people in lounges or bars, and next thing you know, I am at their house grilling or playing beer pong. Then, I decided that I wanted to further my education. I decided to go to law school down south, so I could be close to my parents. Well, that was #ucking mistake, everyone sucks here. All the people in Houston are so use to their own way of life, and only their group of friends. I wanted to figure out why everyone sucks so much and after pondering the issue; I concluded that the groups of friends are people they grew up with. Houston is a city that does not have influx of people moving in and out. People who live in Houston stay in Houston, and do not explore anything else around them. This is why they only stay friends with their group and not allow themselves to meet new individuals. This attitude makes it hard for people in Houston to incorporate new relationship with individuals that lived some where else. I will agree with some of the individuals that there is a lot of stuff to do in Houston, but even that becomes boring because the individual that attend the functions or events SUCK. To sum it all up, I have a really busy schedule because of am in Law school, but when I am free if you want to go out, work on the rides, or shot the **** I am down. I will pm you my email address. Good Luck and try to make the best of it with hanging with your girl.

Tell us how you really feel. lol

Rpac....I PM'd you my tag. I'll be on tonight. You DL the new maps yet?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:02 PM
rpacman

Tell us how you really feel. lol

Rpac....I PM'd you my tag. I'll be on tonight. You DL the new maps yet?
yup!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:12 PM
AroundMyHorn

alright fools, i've only played Gears like 3 times so give me a week or 2 then its on!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

alright fools, i've only played Gears like 3 times so give me a week or 2 then its on!

It takes a minute to get use to, but once you figure out all the buttons, its cake.

Blind shooting is a little hard to master.....you'll use it alot with the shotty. Practice all multiplayer maps so you know where all the weapons are. I still have trouble finding them....really bad short term memory loss. lmao. Hit me up if you wanna practice...we can go through all the maps and give you a "tutorial" so to speak.

EDIT: Or you can come by and we can play split screen on XBL on the projector. Just memorize your PW so you can sign in on my machine.

Last edited by Old School; 02-02-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:24 PM
AroundMyHorn

It takes a minute to get use to, but once you figure out all the buttons, its cake.

Blind shooting is a little hard to master.....you'll use it alot with the shotty. Practice all multiplayer maps so you know where all the weapons are. I still have trouble finding them....really bad short term memory loss. lmao. Hit me up if you wanna practice...we can go through all the maps and give you a "tutorial" so to speak.

ok...i'll add you tonight...i wont be getting on until sometime a little later.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
second2none

Lol, we got off to the gaming topic instead of magic, lol. I wish the ps3 had more titles to choose from. I'm stuck playing nbak2k7 online and gran turismo hd demo, lol. You guys have a great weekend!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Chrispy
GURU

thats cool, but you guys should try socom combined assault for ps2. my personal fav. glad to see im not the only gamer here though.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
MagicPie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by second2none
Lol, we got off to the gaming topic instead of magic, lol.
I couldnt care, if it turned into a gaming meet up thread, It was just a thread to vented my anger last week anyway

I got most of you guys xbox live names, If I see you on, I might try to join you if you dont mind and thanks everyone for the advice
Old 02-02-2007, 04:21 PM
davidf

You guys should spend 1 week in Beaumont, you'll never complain again, ever.

Quick Reply: Houston- WTF is there to do here--RANT