Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Places to date in/around Dallas??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:05 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

That's baller status! haha

I don't think I want to spend that much on her just for dinner, yet. Like a few other suggestions, that sounds pretty good. I'll also keep that in mind. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:48 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
It's just what I heard from other people that knew her before me. She doesn't spend that much though, so I can't confirm. Plus, I feel weird when girls buy me things.

I dated this girl who was a big time lawyer and she bought me stuff all the time. It was weird I must say but thinking back it was a rather nice change of pace. So if she does spoil you enjoy it.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:58 PM
michaeljr6

places to eat.....

Tokyo One for sushi and if you like meat Fogo De Chao.....but you probably been there already.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:59 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
places to eat.....

Tokyo One for sushi and if you like meat Fogo De Chao.....but you probably been there already.

Sorry to say but Tokyo One blows.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:01 PM
michaeljr6

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33

lol, their bathroom has a giant picture of Doremon. it was just a suggestion, i know other places that have better sushi in my area but it's probably to far for plano ppl.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
lol, their bathroom has a giant picture of Doremon. it was just a suggestion, i know other places that have better sushi in my area but it's probably to far for plano ppl.

The Doremon picture is there because the owner lets his daugther run the place. My friend's girlfriend's uncle owns the place. They are Taiwanese. Go figure on the Doremon huh?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Bevo

I went last week and i actually liked that place. At least it's better than Osaka in my opinion
Old 05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by Bevo
I went last week and i actually liked that place. At least it's better than Osaka in my opinion

LOL I like Osaka better because I know the people who owns the place. The owner is Taiwanese also and he has 2 twin daugthers that I went to college with. They ended up dating 2 of my friends so they still remember who I am. Everytime I go in there I try getting one of the girls to hook me up. I avoid the dad as much as possible. Anyways, for good sushi and really wouldn't go to either place unless you really like the buffet style.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Anyways, for good sushi and really wouldn't go to either place unless you really like the buffet style.
+1.. most Japanese restaurants aren't that good around here anyway.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:17 AM
ZSpectrum

Ok, I need some suggestions on places for dates around Dallas. I've been seeing this girl for a short while now, and there is absolutely nothing to do. Maybe I just can't find/think of anything or maybe ran out of places to go. I don't care where as long as they're within driveable distance (within an hour or so from Plano). And don't name places like movies or something so mundane. Keep in mind that these places have to be a presentable place for a date with a girl, so any place (including restaurants) that's pretty, out of the ordinary, special, great setting/mood, etc.

We've already been to (random order):
- Speed Zone
- Adventure Landing
- Zero Gravity (will go soon)
- Movie theater
- Legacy Park
- Lake Texoma
- Malls
- Karaoke
- Starbucks, Escape, etc
- Carnival (will go this week)
- Jasmine Hooka Bar
Go camping, laser tag. Im thinking cheap here.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:34 AM
cubu

rent a tv series and stay in for the weekend, go fishing, play board games at starbucks, go to Winstar =)
Old 06-01-2007, 10:54 PM
LegionnaireZ

get her to help you re-install the interior pieces in your Z....
Old 06-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Int3rlagosZ

For the time being, I'm not going to be throwing too much money at her. No need to spoil her just yet.
I think I have like a 75$ gift card to Steve Fields which is a f***ing nice resturant in Plano if you want those you can have them if i can find them
It's just what I heard from other people that knew her before me. She doesn't spend that much though, so I can't confirm. Plus, I feel weird when girls buy me things.
Yea i feel weird too l0l my girlfriend just tried to buy me an art book and i was like i dont know i dont care aka "No i dont that f***ing book" haha

Last edited by Int3rlagosZ; 06-04-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 PM
LegionnaireZ

mine bought me a silver necklace for the sole purpose of hanging her class ring on my rearview mirror... i was a little wierded out but i knew her for so long that it didn't bother me too much...
Old 06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

omg, if you eat anything but the sushi its ok. the sushi =

if you want good fresh sushi come by my place in bedford, we have a nice chill atomosphere, good for young daters. our salmon, tuna, fatty tuna, and yellow tails are always super fresh and we make some of the best rolls period. we make all our sauces in house. our head chef is brilliant. we have cute waitresses too for all you leg humpers.

MK's Sushi
2400 Airport Freeway Suite 130
Bedford, Texas 76022

Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
trentor

Chris, here's a few good ideas of things to do off the top of my head...not just places to eat like most of the suggestions here

- Sundance Square in downtown FW - eat anyway and then check out the shops and art galleries

- Lone Star Park - go watch the horse races. you don't even have to place bets...just hang out and you can even eat at the restaurant there

I know the next two are movies, but they're more of an experience and you can still interact some since you're not in a theater.

- Myers Park Friday Family Movie Night (McKinney) - http://www.sidebarent.com/MovieNight.html

- Addison Cinema in the Circle - tons of other cool events in Addison too
http://www.addisontexas.net/about_ad...t_schedule.asp

- live theater is always good too. check out guidelive.com.

Guidelive.com is a great resource for dating. There are tons of other good date ideas on there. You can do searches for certain types of events or restaurants throughout the metroplex.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:13 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Thanks for the suggestions, Trent. Greatly appreciated.

She said she wants to see like an opera and/or musical. Anybody know anything relating to those? I might just buy the ticket for her and her dad, since her dad's already b1tching about how she doesn't spend time with him (who's visiting). That way, I'll be on the dad's good side too.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:43 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Thanks for the suggestions, Trent. Greatly appreciated.

She said she wants to see like an opera and/or musical. Anybody know anything relating to those? I might just buy the ticket for her and her dad, since her dad's already b1tching about how she doesn't spend time with him (who's visiting). That way, I'll be on the dad's good side too.

I think that the musical " Chicago " is in town or will be here shortly. If you saw the movie, it was good. I'm not to into musicals, but this one was good !

I think it is going to be at the Dallas music hall at Fair Park.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Kristi
I am Awesome

LOL I like Osaka better because I know the people who owns the place. The owner is Taiwanese also and he has 2 twin daugthers that I went to college with. They ended up dating 2 of my friends so they still remember who I am. Everytime I go in there I try getting one of the girls to hook me up. I avoid the dad as much as possible. Anyways, for good sushi and really wouldn't go to either place unless you really like the buffet style.
if you goto Osaka come see me at work that would be a great date experiance to head up to Sprint j/k
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Chris you can also kill some time walking around the South Lake outdoor mall. It's really pretty interesting if you've never been there before.

Originally Posted by Kristi
if you goto Osaka come see me at work that would be a great date experiance to head up to Sprint j/k
You work at Osaka? I haven't been up there in awhile. Does Ying still work up there?

Quick Reply: Places to date in/around Dallas??