Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Most Wanted Underground League

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:46 PM
sqashybus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO
It looks like these guys went up to the Pep Boys rep and asked him to make their cars look cool.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:58 PM
LegionnaireZ

Chris, the benefits of being in a car club, IMO, are:
1) getting representation in shows and "special" benefits from the show for showing club support
2) club should have some sort of "dues" to help facilitate meets and what-not, where you can have raffles, food, and other stuff.
3) if you have a respectable club, you can help support the surrounding community, meets with raffles that donate to a good cause.
4) organize events that also donate to charities
5) in doing so raises the respect of the community for the people that mod and promote their cars of liking as opposed to getting a bad rap for always street racing and endangering the public.
etc...
and a few other things that i COULD think of but not trying right now...

but that's what i think a real club SHOULD do... just a bunch of people that meet-up and stare at eachother and race on the streets... is not my idea of a club... just a bunch of nutballs calling themselves a club...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:30 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

1. What do you get from "representing" and what are these "special benefits?"

2. I wouldn't join a car club if I had to pay a fee/due. What are the benefits of the non-free ones?

3. How many actually support their community in any way? If anything, they're for-profit or solely for their club.

4. See #3.

5. If they do all these honorable things with a benevolent cause, then I can see how that could happen.

However, most of the clubs I know only create their own "shows" and give each other trophies, have a fee to join for not many benefits, do nothing for the community (not necessarily a bad thing, imo), etc.

I'm not trying to put anybody down, but just genuinely curious and stating my opinion at the same time.

Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 02-24-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM
LegionnaireZ

yeah that's the problem with the clubs we have here... they have the mind set that "we're going to host our own shows, vote for our own cars and then get on our knees and suck eachothers *****" there's no point to be in these or be in their shows...

you remember how the one show went (Un-Named) but you were first-place lightly modified and then the votes were somehow "Adjusted" and you were placed in a higher category and so that the person in the club won instead of you... and recieved a trophy... GAY!!!

And i'm just naming stuff in general that clubs could do. benefits could be anything, just for instance... when attending the Hooters Midnight madness, they could have the (insert club name here) section catered, prime placement of the members cars that entered the contest, Banners displaying club name and logo, who knows man... but if you're leading a club that is what someone should go for...

Are you going to make me try and organize a club and show you?
There wouldn't be very many members... there are very few here that are dedicated enough to show at all the meets... like in 2006... great meets... great turnouts... 2007... sucked... 2008... looking grim...

and if a club started off small and worked up to the point of good community respect, level of organization, always a good turn out because they have dedicated members, then i would pay dues to be in...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:58 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
yeah that's the problem with the clubs we have here... they have the mind set that "we're going to host our own shows, vote for our own cars and then get on our knees and suck eachothers *****" there's no point to be in these or be in their shows...

you remember how the one show went (Un-Named) but you were first-place lightly modified and then the votes were somehow "Adjusted" and you were placed in a higher category and so that the person in the club won instead of you... and recieved a trophy... GAY!!!

And i'm just naming stuff in general that clubs could do. benefits could be anything, just for instance... when attending the Hooters Midnight madness, they could have the (insert club name here) section catered, prime placement of the members cars that entered the contest, Banners displaying club name and logo, who knows man... but if you're leading a club that is what someone should go for...

Are you going to make me try and organize a club and show you?
There wouldn't be very many members... there are very few here that are dedicated enough to show at all the meets... like in 2006... great meets... great turnouts... 2007... sucked... 2008... looking grim...

and if a club started off small and worked up to the point of good community respect, level of organization, always a good turn out because they have dedicated members, then i would pay dues to be in...
1st bolded: Yeah, literally. As gay as.. a rainbow.

2nd bolded: +1 on 2006. 2007 was all right. Hopefully, 08 will be better, although my 08's been real shitty so far.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Sonicspeed

I think a lot of the reasons that Legion listed are a big part. One of the other benefits that comes to mind that wasnt mentioned is that with a "club" you can do things a little easier like group buys. You also become a little more of a tight knit group, and as such its easier to get things done when you need help with something. (Even when its got nothing to do with car's) You also can just have get togethers, parties, etc. with the group as we tend to do in ZOS.

Dues can be avoided, but sometimes are not a bad thing if kept small (club I was in a long time ago was $40 a year) to pay for things like shirts, hat's, and club decals for the car. I actually like the idea of dues as long as eveyone gets a say in how that money is spent. Getting a voice in that is a big deal I believe. If you dont take dues then when someone goes out and gets those shorts that everyone who gets one give the guy $8-$10 to help recover the cost of putting up all that money up front.

Personally I like the idea of car clubs being able to get car shows together as long as the club and event sponsor's can actually be fair about how the judging, and votes are counted. When ZOS did our summer car show over at Bankston Nissan of Lewisville I believe that everyone who showed, and even some of the sales guys, ect got to vote. I can assure you that it was not fixed, but then again we have a pretty good group of guys (and a few ladies) in our group. We dont pay dues either

Posting this is giving me the idea that we should get together a show sometime this spring/summer as a big group. Hmmmm.....
Old 02-25-2008, 05:47 AM
zpeedDemon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twenzel
Wow... play Need for Speed much? lol!

Need for Speed Underground
Need for Speed Most Wanted

Sounds like another ricer club to me.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:04 AM
kelsey_kaye

Originally Posted by MethodRN
What this intended towards me?
yes that was intended towards you. the girl gave me hell because i'm 18 and still in school. some bull cause i'm just too young. i don't think she appreciated it when i told her that even if i still was in school i paid for more than just a grille for my car.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:16 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

I am older..... but I'm not looking to join a crew... I've got my Famirrrry!

Last edited by MethodRN; 02-25-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

"Dom, Hector and his crew came into the shop today and bought 3 Spoon engines, 3 T88 Turbos,...." HAHAHAHA
Old 02-25-2008, 10:38 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I am older..... but I'm not looking to join a crew... I've got my Famirrrry!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Chrispy
GURU

http://a199.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...91f2a280a6.jpg
my fav

Last edited by Chrispy; 02-25-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:55 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrispy
Houston people like to grip that woodgrain.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
1. What do you get from "representing" and what are these "special benefits?"
2. I wouldn't join a car club if I had to pay a fee/due. What are the benefits of the non-free ones?
3. How many actually support their community in any way? If anything, they're for-profit or solely for their club.
4. See #3.
5. If they do all these honorable things with a benevolent cause, then I can see how that could happen.

However, most of the clubs I know only create their own "shows" and give each other trophies, have a fee to join for not many benefits, do nothing for the community (not necessarily a bad thing, imo), etc.
I'm not trying to put anybody down, but just genuinely curious and stating my opinion at the same time.
1. ****, jk but not really. haha

What I've appreciate most is using a common ground (Z/G) and meeting many different types of people that you may have otherwise never met.
It's always the same, meet person, you show me yours I'll show you mine. Once the conversations wear thin, do we have anything else to talk about? If yes, awesome friend made, or if no, awesome you have a nice car.

2. I think can of a few Clubs that are part of National Orgs, ie Nissan Z Club or whatever. The Fees and dues are suppose to go towards admin costs and given back to the community in some way shape or form. I've opted to not force people to pay dues. But I have expressed that there are costs involved and they will come out of my pocket, and if you have a few bucks laying around to help me recover those costs, awesome.

3. This winter, we had a raffle and mini Toy Drive. The raffle was between a few different car clubs (ie Evos, FBodys, Z/Gs) to raise money for toys. The winner received a WII. I think it was around $1.5K that we raised. I think the Toy Drive fetched around $12K. There are a TON of Fbody guys and their pockets are somewhat deep. They've been around for a long *** time too.

4. See 3.

5. Just another avenue for me to promote legal autosports.

I forgot, We were at Extreme Autofest. 22 Zs/Gs and a few other friends. We won best quaLITY group. We definately lost quantity to the 150+ scions that showed up. We swept the Nissan category.

Last edited by iStan; 02-25-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:51 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
Houston people like to grip that woodgrain.
I'm sorry but that is a horrible representation of how Houston modifies cars.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Chrispy
GURU

I'm sorry but that is a horrible representation of how Houston modifies cars.
what you dont like woodgrain?

Last edited by Chrispy; 02-25-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:06 PM
kelsey_kaye

Originally Posted by Chrispy
add that to the "mods never to do to a z" thread. that's most likely the ugliest thing i've seen on a z.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:37 PM
LegionnaireZ

ok... list your car clubs here then and that way if some of us want to join... we can from here
Old 02-25-2008, 06:39 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CervanteZ
First rule of Underground League... you don't talk about underground league

I'm in the Forza PGR Gran Turismo League.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:36 AM
Sonicspeed

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
ok... list your car clubs here then and that way if some of us want to join... we can from here

Maybe there should be a section with car club listings?

Quick Reply: Most Wanted Underground League