Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Eagles Canyon Track

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:33 AM
crZydave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eagles Canyon Track

Has anyone been to Eagles Canyon race track? I've never driven my car on a track, but I really want to. I found this track on the net and they have what they call "track days" where you pay 150 bucks and you can apparently drive all day on the track. Sound like a deal to me. The next one is on saturday the 4th of October.

What do y'all think?

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/ecrtd.php
Old 09-23-2008, 06:29 AM
DracoLancet04Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems pretty solid, i think would love to go out there, cant make it on the 4th though
Old 09-23-2008, 06:35 AM
timsam

I’ve been out on that track before (however not in my Z).
The track is nice, they are trying to improve some of the straight-aways, since they are kind of bumpy. I hear they are still in litigation with their contractors who built it in the first place.

This track is super fun and fast, however it is very tough on brakes. You need to ensure you have a good setup (with fresh fluid), and bring extra parts just in case. When I was out there with TDE, there was a 4 hour line at the PST shop for brake work.

But overall it is a super cool track, I would love to do it in the Z, but I will be at TWS that weekend of Oct 4th.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 AM
crZydave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I don't want to beat up my brakes and "bring extra parts" doesn't sound good to me either. It sounds like if you're going to put your car on the track it shouldn't be your primary driver and you should expect to spend some money on repairs. I don't have the money to spend on repairs right now so I guess I'll wait to put it on the track till I do.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 AM
timsam

Well it all depends on what you want to do.

My Z is my DD and my track car. However, I bought the car specifically for those purposes.

If you want to get started, or at least get a taste of road-courses, you should check out maybe a one day session at MSR with APEX. It’s a smaller course and shouldn’t be TOO hard on your car...just don’t push it.

But you are correct, once you get into it, the maintenance will greatly increase than the norm. The regulars are oil changes, brake fluid, brake pads, and eventually brake rotors and tires. You also need to check the diff and tranny fluid (I change those once or twice a season). Then any other wear and tear parts. It isn’t a cheap hobby…but I love it!

Good Luck in whatever you decide!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Roberto

This sounds like fun. If they still have openings, I'll be there.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Roberto

I went to this event on Sat 10/4... it was a blast. I was a beginner, my first time at a track, but after just 2 sessions with my instructor, he let me drive solo. I'm definitely going to the next one.