Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: LF a room mate in Spring

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Brett@AwesomeZ
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LF a room mate in Spring

Ok. Long story short my room mate needs to split. I've got a rental house in Spring, near treaschwig and cypresswood ( on the east side of 45 ). So, I'm lookin for a room mate. I've asked around w/ buddies and what not and none of them want to come through or couldn't make the rent etc.

I'm not about to place an add or any crap like that, so I figured I would put it up here. It's a decent place, built in the 80's. Not the type of place that you would want to buy but it's a good rental for the price.

The area it's in isn't the greatest, but it sure as hell isn't ghetto like some of the places I've lived in this city.

It's a 1 story 3 bedroom, but one of the bedrooms is really more like a study and attached to the master bedroom.

Rent for you would be $400, and I would ask that you pay half the power and water bills. Water bills are usually $50, and even in the peak of the summer we are seeing right now the biggest power bill I've had is $170, which isn't bad considering that this is a decent sized house. I keep the A/C around 77 all day and every part of the house except the bedrooms is tiled, there are fans in every room so 77 is quite tolerable.

Other than that all I ask is that you clean up after yourself, I aint your mommy. The yard needs to be maintained and all that but I have mower and have no problem taking care of it.

The big perk you ask? A garage to park your Z in! The lease is up in May, If you are a really bad azz room mate and bring in all kinds of chicks then I may consider staying longer .

I have a 2 yr. old son that stays with me 4 days out of every other week, I certainly don't expect you to take care of him or anything, just that you can handle his antics (he's actually really cool to be around and is always good for a laugh).

I have high speed internet wireless that I won't ask you to pitch in for, but I don't have cable. I got tired of paying for it a long time ago and found that anything I really want to watch can be seen instantly on netflix through my Wii or on local channels. If you need cable that badly I would consider pitching in for it.

In the pics here you can see the layout of the place, the room with all my son's stuff in it would be yours, it just looks small cuz he's got toys everywhere.

Plus I've got all kinds of tools and stuff, I'll help you with whatever you may need with your car!

If you have any general questions or anything, feel free to post em up or shoot me a pm. The earliest you could move in would be the end of this month ( September ).

((Pics left to right : Living room from the entry way, kitchen, spare bathroom))
Attached Thumbnails LF a room mate in Spring-p1010076.jpg   LF a room mate in Spring-p1010074.jpg   LF a room mate in Spring-p1010078.jpg  

Last edited by Brett@AwesomeZ; 09-08-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Brett@AwesomeZ
Vendor - Former Vendor

Pic of the room you would have. Also the covered patio, part of what got us in this place. It's a nice spot to chill out when the weather is nice, or just head out to smoke even if it's pouring. I'm a smoker so of course I don't mind if you are, but there's no smoking in the house.

Also I should add that I'm not the type of cat that throws keggers every weekend or anything so you can get your beauty sleep.
Attached Thumbnails LF a room mate in Spring-p1010077.jpg   LF a room mate in Spring-p1010075.jpg  
Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Makes me wish I didn't live all the way up in Dallas. I've been looking for a new place but havnt been able to find anywhere that I'd want to live that I can actually afford. Gl with your search, I know how ya feel lol.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Damn, this would have been a good idea for me. I've got an 18-month old son too, who I have often. However, I just signed a lease on a place off Allen Prkwy and Montrose. I wanted to move inside the loop. Was tired of living out by Willowbrook. Good luck Brent...
Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Brett@AwesomeZ
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks guys. My room mate got fired and s*** is gonna get real tight here in a minute so I gotta make somethin happen.