Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Austin]: Anyone local want to let me hear what their z sounds like

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 11:55 AM
ryohazuki222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone local want to let me hear what their z sounds like

Been driving my z for almost 2 years now... really the only issue that i keep going back to is the IN-CABIN sound of the engine.

I like the way it sounds from outside... but inside... it just doesnt sound good to me... I actually prefer the way my gfs nonturbo mini cooper sounds revving through the gears than my 350z from inside the vehicle.

Anyway... drove a buddies mustang the other day (stock for the most part) and noticed it's pretty boring inside the cabin of that one as well... which was weird because his previous mustang (intake... exhaust... lots of mods) sounded good enough that i was slightly jealous inside his car.

Further, i remember back when i had my impreza I didnt quite close the intake all the way when i replaced the filter and there was a subtle (but much nicer, more aggresive) engine sound in the cabin.

I know it's been asked a lot but i still havent found a good enough answer... does just changing the intake noticeably change the in-cabin engine sounds??

Also... do any of you austin guys that have changed the intakes have an interest in letting me check out the difference?
Old 06-02-2013, 02:01 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,130 Likes on 6,583 Posts

who cares what is sounds like on the inside, i would rather have mine sound good on the outside. i have an 08 HR with ART pipes and invidia exhaust, the only time i hear my exhaust is when above 3k rpm, but i also have 2 layers of sound deadening material all in the spare tire well because i didnt want to hear it. if you have a DE motor, you might get tired of the drone. that is just my 2 cents. if you want loud exhaust, get rid of cats or get ART pipes with the TXD2 exhaust. no matter what, do what makes you happy sir. if you were in the dfw area i would let you hear mine
Old 06-04-2013, 06:38 AM
ryohazuki222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The issue is that I LIKE the z's sound from outside... but im never outside and getting to enjoy it... I'm always inside driving it. If you read all the reviews on the 350z and 370z... they can all kind of be boiled down to car is amazing, it's a steal for what you get... but it could sound better.

Just wondering if this is something that is easily fixable.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:02 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,130 Likes on 6,583 Posts

Originally Posted by ryohazuki222
The issue is that I LIKE the z's sound from outside... but im never outside and getting to enjoy it... I'm always inside driving it. If you read all the reviews on the 350z and 370z... they can all kind of be boiled down to car is amazing, it's a steal for what you get... but it could sound better.

Just wondering if this is something that is easily fixable.
you could gut your exhaust, but it wont sound good, get test pipes that will def make it louder, change the exhaust.... depends on your budget