Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Question about repairs...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004 | 04:13 PM
polar

Default Question about repairs...

int the dallas area. Long story short - I basically got the car up over a curb and tapped a fence (yes, this was my own stupidity, and no I wasn't drinking :P ). I know the alignemnt is farked, and I'm wondering if there is any suspension damage - doesn't really seem like it. There are no coolant or oil leaks, but I haven't gotten the car onto a lift to see if anything is whacked underneath. There is body dmage to the front bumper (pretty minimal all things considered). Should I just take it to Courtesy nissan and have them look it over, or should I take it to Dallas frame and aqlignment, and have them align it and check for suspension damage and hope they notice if ther eis anythign wrong? Any other shops you would recommmend?

The reason i ask is I don't know how much is might affect the warranty (engine, transmission, etc.) if they know the thing has gone over a curb and wether they would hose me into repairing things that aren't really broken versus having someone who (hopefully) know about z's and can tell if there's damage. Sigh - it all comes down to trust and the few times I've been in there have not been pleasant (not bad, but just annoyed with their attitude).
Old 08-09-2004 | 05:04 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Courtesy outsources their body and paint work.

I *think* you'd be better off taking it to Dallas Frame, letting them check things out and realign your car, and then finding a body shop you trust to redo your bumper.

Sorry to hear about it, though. Your car has a special place in my heart.