Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

UTEC Maps

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 07:08 AM
vze4fhpv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UTEC Maps

Guys why does the utec unit not have a huge map following? I installed a simular part on a fuel injected sportbike years ago and you could share maps and download them off the net based on the mods you have. Are you telling me there is no choice but to go to a dealer and pay hundreds for an install and tune? You should be able to download a map and burn it into the utec in a matter of minutes. What gives???

Does anyone have a map they can share for Borla exhaust, xerd headers, pulley, intake, and 3.9 gears?

Anyone with experience with Utec's care to chime in???
Old 04-24-2006, 07:24 AM
Kiamo

Probably due to the learning ECU and all the variances making loaded maps usually not a great bet. Its best to just tune the car for your own.

By the way, the install is easy and with some kind of AFR gauge you can fairly simply tune it yourself, although a dyno session will make sure you're getting the most out of it.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:22 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i am going to say because of the time and effort people put into tuning their own cars + the shops getting 400-500 dollars to tune it for you. i have spent weeks perfecting my car where i like it. i will be jumping on a dyno this weekend to figure out exactly where i am at now.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:43 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by vze4fhpv
Guys why does the utec unit not have a huge map following? I installed a simular part on a fuel injected sportbike years ago and you could share maps and download them off the net based on the mods you have. Are you telling me there is no choice but to go to a dealer and pay hundreds for an install and tune? You should be able to download a map and burn it into the utec in a matter of minutes. What gives???

Does anyone have a map they can share for Borla exhaust, xerd headers, pulley, intake, and 3.9 gears?

if you didn't know.. on your sport bike.. you should always take your bike to get dyno'd and have a custom power commander map built for your specific bike and mods... using people's already made maps is a menu for disaster.. not everyone uses the same octane gas.. not everyone lives at the same elevation.. not everyone has the same operating tempreture..

you will get better performance with your sportbike on a custom map..

now to think you want to do the same thing with your VQ35? why not just put a grenade under it and blow it up faster
Old 04-25-2006, 01:56 PM
vze4fhpv

Doug, do you have a utec? Lol, with the sportbike thing I am simply using it as an example and If the guys from dyno jet tell me a map is good, I'm going to run it.

The point of this discussion, which you missed, is that no one wants to help each other with these maps. Everyone is paying through the nose for cutom maps when I'm sure each map is different, they've got to be pretty close. As for the gas and elevation your right, lets say high test and sea level....

Thanks for the input so far, let's see some more...
Old 04-25-2006, 02:57 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Doug, do you have a utec? ..
that my friend is the question of the day

however.. if you wish you use other people's map on your car.. not knowing all the factors and takign a big risk on blowing your motor.. i say be my guest
Old 04-26-2006, 03:32 AM
vze4fhpv

Ok, anyone else....?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:50 AM
zzzya

I agree! For those who are NA, it is really no different than trying the TS reflash if you have the same mods as someone else. I am more than happy to share my EU maps with someone who has similar mods, heck if someone would email me their some datalogs I would even help create a map for them or at least point them in the right direction. It is fun For FI it would get a little more serious and the maps would need to be pretty conservative to start with, but it could still be done.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:55 AM
HoldThisForMe

I would bet the reason for not a huge following is because it just released for our cars not that long ago. I'm sure in time there will be plenty of maps to be had via DL. Maybe a good idea with makin maps should be to give all the detail about it you can...ie. the elevation yada yada yada...you could always get a map...load it...just get a dyno run in to get the A/F if you dont have a gauge and the adjust accordingly..just a thought
Old 04-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Road Warrior

that would be cool...a sticky for those with utec so they can share maps.

however, that would be especially cool of those paying all the money to have their cars dyno'd and tuned because that can be expensive
Old 04-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Ztampa

Originally Posted by HoldThisForMe
I would bet the reason for not a huge following is because it just released for our cars not that long ago. I'm sure in time there will be plenty of maps to be had via DL.
+1
The evo and wrx boards share maps quite a bit. Right now, there just aren't that many amatures tuning.

For N/A, tuned with maf pull down, a generic map won't help you much anyway. Even the base map from Turbo XS is producing very different fuel curves in different cars.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:29 AM
vze4fhpv

Lets get something going guys, mods... can we set up a page just for utec info and sharing of maps to help our members?

1) How to install with pictures
2) How to setup and tune
3) Maps and the mods they are for
4) A list of shops that tune and charges for tuning
Old 04-27-2006, 02:31 PM
mxjosh711

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we do need to get something going, i have a utec i just got and id like to throw a map on there that i dont have to build myself... im all for it. the local shop says they tune it for 250.... if i do pay for the tune, ill post the map.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mxjosh711
we do need to get something going, i have a utec i just got and id like to throw a map on there that i dont have to build myself... im all for it. the local shop says they tune it for 250.... if i do pay for the tune, ill post the map.

same here...once i get my utec...so we should have a sticky for the utec and sharing of tuning info. post your mods and utec settings...that would be cool
Old 04-28-2006, 08:13 AM
mxjosh711

anyone know how to contact a moderater to get this started?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:35 PM
JhayRCruz

im sure the moderators and sponsors are reading this thread... i jus hope they can actually help...
Old 06-21-2006, 09:28 AM
99atlantic

****, after going to have to pay a few hundred for my tune I"ll be damned if I'm sharing..........you want it go pay your $$$ for your own tune.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:45 AM
HoldThisForMe

Originally Posted by 99atlantic
****, after going to have to pay a few hundred for my tune I"ll be damned if I'm sharing..........you want it go pay your $$$ for your own tune.

N/A maps would be fine to post...F/I...well...youd be insane to use one. To much at stake BUT for the betterment (haha) of the Z community I'll share mine when I get the dayum thing connected. I didn't realize a serial port on a laptop was just about non existant Anyways when I do post it, I bare absolutely no responsibility for what may happen to your car!!! To help out ill list all mods also.

Good Luck

Russ
Old 06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 99atlantic
just wondering what your doing here in the forum since thats the goal...to share info. we are not here just to bs....thats why its the technical section.

everyone posts their experiences with products, tuning, etc...for the betterment of the z community and the enthusiasts that participate
Old 06-21-2006, 11:46 AM
ACEMAN
Master

I dont mind posting mine up. But you all should know this by now. Someone elses Map might do something entirely different with your A/F ratio on your car then what is seen on the owners car.

All cars react different to different mods. So basically it depends on where your car makes power. And to find that out, you need to be on a dyno. I make my power at around 12.5 to 13.0 a/f ratio. Your car might be different.

But the map gives you something to build from. But then again the map that comes with the UTEC gives you something to build from

Later
Aceman

Quick Reply: UTEC Maps