Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Unichip compatibility with a REVUP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:42 PM
lamaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Unichip compatibility with a REVUP?

I was on the phone today with the people from Unichip (www.unichip.us or 866-UNICHIP), and the mentioned that they did not have a setup for the "300hp engine". She mentioned that they have a calibration for the 287hp but not the 300hp.

I'm guessing that SOMEBODY here has a unichip on a 2006 or a 2005AE (MT of course). I like the idea of having the ability to connect to my EMS through bluetooth and get live data, lock the car, etc, etc.

Does anybody have this and can verify? If so, where and what should I buy (part numbers and websites).

My mods right now are: NISMO CAI, cat-back. I will be getting headers later and possibly high flow cats. I know I can get my hands on the unichip now because it can hold up to 5 different settings, so I can program the levels I expect to go to.

Thanks,

-LamaZ
Old 07-21-2006, 04:27 PM
westpak
SFZCC

We have done some of the older unichips (classic) on rev up motors through the APS kits and also NA, we have done some of the newer Q unichips on non rev ups both FI and NA but don't see why it cannot be done, they may not have done any but if you are getting it tuned it is just a matter of setting the rpm ranges to the right setting.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:27 PM
lamaz

Originally Posted by westpak
We have done some of the older unichips (classic) on rev up motors through the APS kits and also NA, we have done some of the newer Q unichips on non rev ups both FI and NA but don't see why it cannot be done, they may not have done any but if you are getting it tuned it is just a matter of setting the rpm ranges to the right setting.
Thank you for the reply. How about those of us that don't have access to a tuner that has the Unichip software programmer?

I had hopes that somebody could come back and say "yes, I've used their pre-canned values on my rev-up motor with XYZ mods".

Needless to say, at least I'm sure it will work (properly tuned).

-LamaZ
Old 07-22-2006, 06:59 AM
westpak
SFZCC

well the classic has settings for the rpms to choose from of either 6400 or 8000 so this is probably the reason they say they cannot garantee it will work on a rev up as their maps probably only use the 6400 setting and even though the nonrev up motor goes to 6600 thre 6400 maps is sufficient. So the only thing you wont have for the rev up are values for the 7k area.

We have a Q Unichip we are installing on an NA 350Z next week so I will check how the MAP looks on it.