Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

TXS Tuner WB Display?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Gators2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QuadCam
in the tuner menu, you can adjust the 0-5V output to register your own A:F numbers. Essentially, you should be able to tailor the output to match whichever gauge you go with. The innovate should defiantely work now that I saw that.

Hey Robert,

Just got off the phone w/ TurboXS and QuadCam is 100 % correct! Tuner is 100% adjustable to accommidate any display.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Awesome... So any A/F gauge will work?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Velicos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Innovate products requires a LC1 unit, which *outputs* a 0-5v signal to the XD-16 multifunction gauge. The XD-16 is just an serialized output display for the LC1 wideband controller which has it's own WB02 sensor.

You would have to find a gauge the allows input of 0-5v for it to work properly. The AEM and Innovate products function the same and are not for this purpose.

Now if you could get the Innovate LC1 / XD16 combo and do away with the tuner kit for the UTEC, but still have the ability to *input* a 0-5v analog signal to the UTEC - that would be the best of both worlds in my mind.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:58 PM
SmokyTyrz

Guys, this may help..

Refer to the TunerXS manual (v1.1 only I believe)... Page 21 and on describes how to use the configurable 0-5v output on the Tuner. Nutshell you set the Min by configuring what AFR occurs at 0v and then what Max AFR occurs at 5v, plus a few other parameters such as fuel type, scaling, etc and then you should be in business.

So..the next question for someone installing a 0-5v gauge such as the UEGO display gauge... Are there standard AFRs corresponding to 0v and 5v or is it different for every car so it needs to be calibrated (eg. similar to TPS% in some cases)?

How would you calibrate this? Run as lean as you can and then run as rich as you can and take the values from the dash?

Or does it depend on the limits of the O2 sensor? I know Bosch and VW have different ranges and resolutions. Is this what they want you to take into account to determine how to scale the 0-5v range?

And then... don't forget that v1.1 of the TunerXS does not translate lambda, but only AFR. So knowing the lambda range on the O2 won't help.

Once these last few questions get resolved I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the AEM UEGO display gauge too. It's a great gauge, great display, and if you don't need the entire AEM WB kit, then it's not too pricey either!
Old 08-29-2006, 05:18 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokyTyrz
Guys, this may help..

Refer to the TunerXS manual (v1.1 only I believe)... Page 21 and on describes how to use the configurable 0-5v output on the Tuner. Nutshell you set the Min by configuring what AFR occurs at 0v and then what Max AFR occurs at 5v, plus a few other parameters such as fuel type, scaling, etc and then you should be in business.

So..the next question for someone installing a 0-5v gauge such as the UEGO display gauge... Are there standard AFRs corresponding to 0v and 5v or is it different for every car so it needs to be calibrated (eg. similar to TPS% in some cases)?

How would you calibrate this? Run as lean as you can and then run as rich as you can and take the values from the dash?

Or does it depend on the limits of the O2 sensor? I know Bosch and VW have different ranges and resolutions. Is this what they want you to take into account to determine how to scale the 0-5v range?

And then... don't forget that v1.1 of the TunerXS does not translate lambda, but only AFR. So knowing the lambda range on the O2 won't help.

Once these last few questions get resolved I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the AEM UEGO display gauge too. It's a great gauge, great display, and if you don't need the entire AEM WB kit, then it's not too pricey either!
Let us know how this comes out.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:39 AM
SmokyTyrz

Lol...that was helpful.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:45 AM
gringott

Originally Posted by SmokyTyrz
Lol...that was helpful.
LOL Sorry, it's all beyone me, over my head so to speak, but I sure would like to do what you want to do.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:22 AM
NETSHARK

What about Blitz R-Vit Color or MMD ? it has a external Voltage input harness, but not so sure if it will work with the R-Vit, the harness has originally been made for SBC / MMD i-Color, dunno what MMD really is i guess it has the same options as SBC except the boost control option.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:48 AM
NETSHARK

you guys have to check this thread they found a solution.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=114991
Old 09-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

$79 isn't bad also: http://www.plxdevices.com/cgi-bin/sh...ategory%3DIMFD

Edit: Also here is Gauge Pods: http://www.jscspeed.com/350z/350z_base.html

Last edited by Robert_K; 09-05-2006 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:01 AM
NETSHARK

Default Update !!

I`ve asked a couple of questions at Innovate Forums about how to use the Output of Tuner to Innovate`s XD16 Gauge, and i found a solution but its costly its the same cost as the LC-1 Standalone Kit LOL :P

Originally Posted by NETSHARK
Hi

is it possible to use SSI4 with a analog input of 5v (output from TurboXS Tuner WB) connected to XD16 to display the AF Ratio ?

we`re having so much confusion about this matter, either to use the LC-1 with XD16 Gauge to watch the AF only, or to use Tuner WB connected to UTEC but without a gauge for logging purpose only (integrated into UTEC log), i wish if TurboXS would make analog input in the future generations of UTEC.
Originally Posted by jfitzpat
Yes, you basically setup the SSI-4 input to be 0-5V. Then connect to LogWorks and use the Channel Configure Dialog to set the min, max, and units to match the AFR input.

Then exit LogWorks and use LM Programmer to configure the XD-16 for that channel.

-jjf
The SSI4 Costs $129.99
The XD16 Costs $229

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...ead.php?t=4491
Old 09-15-2006, 06:08 AM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by NETSHARK
I`ve asked a couple of questions at Innovate Forums about how to use the Output of Tuner to Innovate`s XD16 Gauge, and i found a solution but its costly its the same cost as the LC-1 Standalone Kit LOL :P

The SSI4 Costs $129.99
The XD16 Costs $229

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...ead.php?t=4491
Good research. I have an LMA-3, LC-1 with 2 XD-16 gauges (AFR and boost) and I believe the LMA-3 will also work w/UTEC in this scenario. I'll post on their forum to confirm. I hope it does.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:58 AM
SmokyTyrz

Please let us know! I'm still waiting for the proper connectors so I can experiment with the AEM UEGO AFR display gauge as connected to the TXS Tuner's 0-5v output. My hope is that the 0-5v output scaling capability of the Tuner will allow me to get the AFR readout onto this gauge.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:34 AM
NETSHARK

Now i have two options for the WB Display, either hook the analog output of the Tuner and set it to narrow band simulation, and connect it to Defi AFR D-Gauge, or buy the Blitz R-VIT Color and hook the WB output to the External Voltage Harness of the Unit,

but my question is, the first option with the Defi D-Gauge does it really works,i mean it will be accurate or it will be annoying like the Normal Narrow band.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

So the PLC DM-5 AFR gauge doesn't work with the Tuner WB?

Edit: Just called TXS and was told that there is no aftermarket A/F gauge that works with the Tuner WB.

Last edited by Robert_K; 09-28-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:35 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

who did you talk to at TXS?

I asked them a while back and was told that any 0-5V wideband gauge would work; you just have to adjust the output on the TXS to get the scale correct.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Didn't catch his name.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Gators2001

Originally Posted by Robert_K
So the PLC DM-5 AFR gauge doesn't work with the Tuner WB?

Edit: Just called TXS and was told that there is no aftermarket A/F gauge that works with the Tuner WB.
Strange.

I had a ten min. convo w/ someone about changing the parameters to get it to work. Dont remember their name.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:06 PM
NETSHARK

Guys its really simple, just use a Voltmeter and measure the output of the Tuner if you get readings that means it should work, gonna try it before i order the gauges and save the $$$ before its too late.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:56 AM
gringott

Ok, the TunerWB puts out 0-5V AFR signal that is configurable. The schematic for the PLX Devices WB Gauge (the M-500 one, that is discontinued) shows it uses an input of 0-5V. Call me crazy, but it has to work. Now the new PLX gauge (DM-5) is a completely different setup.

I only wish to hide my ugly *** Tuner and still see the AFR. I am going with the discontinued PLX gauge.

Quick Reply: TXS Tuner WB Display?