Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

UTEC version 2.8 Software...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Havok_RLS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by race4it
You're not paying $300-$500 for tuning because some guy knows how to navigate the current UTEC interface. You're paying it to use the dyno and for the expertise the tuner has in tuning cars. This has nothing to do with the interface. A UTEC GUI interface will not make you a better tuner. Only experience and a good understanding of how fuel and spark effect engine performance will do that.

The old school green screen DOS like interface the UTEC currently uses may not be familiar to most people today (which may have saved a few motors), but by now all of the tuners should be very good with it, and once tuned it's not something that changes often. Personally I'd MUCH rather see TurboXS spend their limited development dollars adding functionality instead of flash.

A GUI interface will not make our cars run any faster or any smoother, nor will it allow tuners to work any faster or do a better job tuning our cars, so why bother?
Yeah... I guess you're right. I just wish I had someone local to me to really teach me how to do all the tuning on my own instead of having to take my Z in for tuning everytime something changes. I mean... I have the perfect system for logging run data as I've installed a full blown computer with touch screen LCD and the Cipher just to suppement the UTEC for ease of use and data logging. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to understanding the system but asking or relying on my tuner to teach me how to tune it on my own is like pulling gold teeth outa Flava Flave's grill.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Dirty Dave

So any updates ? Has anyone successfully got the utec to control boost via boost solenoid and also been able to control a second solenoid for water/meth injection ?
Old 11-16-2006, 03:52 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I decided to just buy a manual boost controller.....so I haven't done the 2.8 update.

I'm gonna wait for the BIG update.......
Old 11-16-2006, 04:45 AM
Midnyte

i also noticed in 2.8 you dont have a place to scale your injectors anymore. In the old version you could enter the constant of what size your stock injectors were compared to what size you have upgraded and installed. Now it just says something like feature to be used later...
Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnyte
i also noticed in 2.8 you dont have a place to scale your injectors anymore. In the old version you could enter the constant of what size your stock injectors were compared to what size you have upgraded and installed. Now it just says something like feature to be used later...
no one scales their injectors with that method. you use the 0% column to scale your injectors.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:54 AM
Midnyte

Originally Posted by QuadCam
no one scales their injectors with that method. you use the 0% column to scale your injectors.
yep...I was just mentioning that the fields had changed in v2.8
Old 11-19-2006, 05:03 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
Yeah... I guess you're right. I just wish I had someone local to me to really teach me how to do all the tuning on my own instead of having to take my Z in for tuning everytime something changes. I mean... I have the perfect system for logging run data as I've installed a full blown computer with touch screen LCD and the Cipher just to suppement the UTEC for ease of use and data logging. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to understanding the system but asking or relying on my tuner to teach me how to tune it on my own is like pulling gold teeth outa Flava Flave's grill.
Is really not that hard to tune on your own. Plenty of info here in the tuning section. Im here in MD if you have any questions.

Seems like you have a great setup too.

I for one am looking forward to the new GUI. I enjoy looking at things that are pleasing to the eye

Later
Todd