Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Greddy Emanage/EO1 primer

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 04:37 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Emanage/EO1 primer

I've been trying to help a local friend tune his Greddy TT on his stock block Z. He has an Emanage and an EO-1 installed (pretty neat setup, I must say).

Can anyone give me a quick run down on how to tune this thing? I know he has an injector harness and an igniton harness, but thats about all I know.

Also, we have a wideband sensor connected to the EO-1 and displaying on the screen. How do you log to a laptop? Do you need a special cable? Do you need special software? What kind of connection is it (usb or serial)?

Thanks for any help/advice,

Kevin
Old 06-30-2007, 05:40 PM
westpak
SFZCC

You need the software and a special cable to tune to the emanage, using the e01 saves you this but the screen is so small it is tough.

The e01 datalogging can only be replayed/viewed on the e01 you cannot send it to a laptop, for laptop datalogging you have to use the software and cable mentioned above.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:22 AM
KPierson
Banned

Any advice on programming the thing? We are using the program that is currently in it as our 'base' tune, but it seems to be way off. We pulled a lot of fuel out of the injector map, but the thing that confuses me is the air flow map. It only has values in the 0 tps row and the 100 tps row. What is the point of the air flow map?

Anyone have a map for a Greddy TT on a stock block so I can compare?
Old 07-01-2007, 11:46 AM
dTor

He needs to get the Emanage Support Tool. It includes the software and the special cable to connect it to a laptop. A regular USB-USB cable WILL NOT WORK. Greddy was pretty crafty in making their cable proprietary. You can get the EM Support Tool off ebay for about $120 brand new.

As I'm not familiar with the way the E01 display is, I can't tell you how to read the airflow map on that display. In the support tool software, it is read in volts during data logging, and you can make adjustments as a numerical percentage up or down, i.e. you might put "5" in a cell or group of cells to tell the EM to send an extra 5% of the "normal" voltage to the ECM to make the ECM think it's pulling in more air than it actually is. Conversely, you can put in "-5" to trick the ECM into thinking it's pulling in less air than it really is.

Same way with injector PW IIRC (it's been a few months since I've messed with my EM any). Timing is a different story - you can only retard timing.

Good luck!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
dTor

Originally Posted by westpak
You need the software and a special cable to tune to the emanage, using the e01 saves you this but the screen is so small it is tough.

The e01 datalogging can only be replayed/viewed on the e01 you cannot send it to a laptop, for laptop datalogging you have to use the software and cable mentioned above.

The E01 should have a memory card in the side of the display. I do believe (though I'm not certain) that you can view it on a computer. Like I said, I don't have the display, so I'm not up to snuff on it's capabilities, but I do know it has a memory card slot of some type.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:05 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Best bet is to buy the support tool to do major tunning, the e01 screen is just too tiny to use for anything other than minor adjustments.

The tunning will depend on whether you are using the boost signal from the e01 and sending it to the emanage otherwise you will be tunning using maf signal

The memory card on the e01 is simply to store up to 3 maps it does not store datalogs.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:35 PM
KPierson
Banned

From what I've seen, we are tuning with the MAF voltage. He does have a MAP sensor, but I don't think it is being used for tuning.