Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

ECM Reflash Results by TechnoSquare

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the Superflow Chassis Dyno they use typically reads 13-17% lower than Dynojet Brand Dynometer, based on how it measures the #s using load-based by speed.

if the dynochart you received has a "DJrwhp" label, it means the graph is automatically converted to Dynojet numbers using a 15% correction... this is all of course after each graph is normalized for atmospheric differences etc...

of all the 07s that i've seen the main lesson learned here for the 07 VQHRs is to stick to your stock airbox and use a k&n drop in filter...
Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 PM
supernadc2
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chebosto
the Superflow Chassis Dyno they use typically reads 13-17% lower than Dynojet Brand Dynometer, based on how it measures the #s using load-based by speed.

if the dynochart you received has a "DJrwhp" label, it means the graph is automatically converted to Dynojet numbers using a 15% correction... this is all of course after each graph is normalized for atmospheric differences etc...

of all the 07s that i've seen the main lesson learned here for the 07 VQHRs is to stick to your stock airbox and use a k&n drop in filter...
Yeap... u got it man. My charts say 'DJrwhp' and at the top STP corrected. Not sure what that stands for. But yea most people who would know what they are talking about say stick to the stock intake BUT why would a company as big as Nismo say increase in hp when that isnt the truth at all. I know they dont guarantee anything but really, still?
Anyhow soon i should be doing another test on a Dynapak Dyno with both Nismo and Stock intake so lets see what the figures say.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:23 AM
K-style

Originally Posted by supernadc2
Damn it! Im going in tomorrow to technosquare for my reflash and ive got pretty much the same set up! I really dont want to lose power i know i could have but already spent the cash on the Nismo Intakes.. Wouldnt even know where i could pick up OEM intakes again.
Don't mean to threadjack but I got 07 OEM intakes for 55 shipped or you can pick up in Santa Barbara.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 AM
supernadc2
Banned

Originally Posted by K-style
Don't mean to threadjack but I got 07 OEM intakes for 55 shipped or you can pick up in Santa Barbara.

hehe thanks for the offer man.. i actually am going in for another dyno on a dynapak and my buddy has the oem intakes so we are going to do a run with the nismo setup and then the stock set up and see what works out better. If infact the stock is better im just going to pick up off him. Thanks though man.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:11 PM
bkreitzer

Originally Posted by MagneticBlack08
Maybe just some shots of your gauges while doing a few pulls. (0-100, 20-80, 60-120) I'm also considering getting the reflash so I just wanna see how hard it pulls w/ the reflash. Thanks in advance.
The HP gains are noticeable, esp. above 40 or so in higher revs. It is really hard to get to 100 or 120 in LA!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
bkreitzer

Originally Posted by evil_tt
How much was the reflash?
$600
Old 05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
bkreitzer

Damn it! Im going in tomorrow to technosquare for my reflash and ive got pretty much the same set up! I really dont want to lose power i know i could have but already spent the cash on the Nismo Intakes.. Wouldnt even know where i could pick up OEM intakes again.
Talk to Tadashi... he will explain it
Old 05-02-2008, 12:16 PM
bkreitzer

Originally Posted by Hoooper
no such effect as ram air in street cars at street speeds.

any reason the rev limit wasnt raised?
I did not want the techs at Nissan to notice... some of those people sit there and "play" with our cars when they get serviced. Also, there is no research to prove that pushing the HR beyond 7500 will cause long-term damage... not worth the risk IMO.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:21 PM
bkreitzer

Damn man u dyno'd at 280 with the just the CAI?? Somehow i dyno'd in at 249.6whp with intakes and exhaust and 210.4Trq only.

After the reflash and dyno tune we got her up to 287.9whp @ 7000
and 243Trq @5200.

Im really dissapointed. How could the Z dyno in at 250whp?
I did notice a huge difference in power, push and throttle response its amazing and considering the reflash got me 39whp and 32.6Trq increase!!

My buddy is hooking me up and we are going to test the Z out on his DynoPak starting with the Nismo CAI on and then swap to the stock intakes and see what kind of numbers we get. He really finds it hard to believe and almost disagrees that im only getting those numbers he thinks it should be a little better.
Do have to keep in mind that it was hot yesterday!! But lets see how it goes..
Dyno results are some of the most misleading numbers... with the said... TechnoSquare's numbers are conservative and they can provide you with a "typical" dyno result sheet. Ask if they can produce the "comparison" sheet for you. These are the numbers I posted.

The most important thing is that the before and after numbers were very much in your favor!

Please keep up posted!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:25 PM
bkreitzer

hehe thanks for the offer man.. i actually am going in for another dyno on a dynapak and my buddy has the oem intakes so we are going to do a run with the nismo setup and then the stock set up and see what works out better. If infact the stock is better im just going to pick up off him. Thanks though man.
I am wondering what you will get.... I think that your results will show the same thing my tests showed... -7 to -10 HP with the Nismo CAI. For comparison purposes... run the dyno with a HOT/Normal engine heat with fans and NOT a cold engine.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:37 PM
bkreitzer

Yeap... u got it man. My charts say 'DJrwhp' and at the top STP corrected. Not sure what that stands for. But yea most people who would know what they are talking about say stick to the stock intake BUT why would a company as big as Nismo say increase in hp when that isnt the truth at all. I know they dont guarantee anything but really, still?
Anyhow soon i should be doing another test on a Dynapak Dyno with both Nismo and Stock intake so lets see what the figures say.
I filed a formal complaint with Nissan and have a case number with them about their Nismo CAI power gains.

They are trying to worm their way out by saying that the parts are R-Tuned and not intended for street use. I replied by saying false advertisement is false advertisement regardless of the application.

I asked them to provide me with the Dyno test results to prove that their product actually gained the power is claims... and I have yet to hear back.

I have talked with Nissan customer service and Nismo customer service... they are stiff arming me all the way... corporate BS if you ask me.

My intent here is education!!! I would greatly appreciate someone reproducing my results to see if the product is living up to its claims or not. I wasted $425 for the product that under performs and hours of install and uninstall time. So, if you are thinking about an after market CAI for the +07 WAIT!!!

The facts will speak the truth... In the mean time, you can purchase the K&N filters for the stock system.

I am getting close to legal action... with Nissan

FYI: I spoke with a marketing rep that works for K&N and they are finalizing a CAI for the +07. There is no official release date or numbers from them that I could get :-(
Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 PM
bkreitzer

Originally Posted by Chebosto

Listen to him ... he knows what he is saying.... Thank you for providing better details.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
supernadc2
Banned

Originally Posted by bkreitzer
The HP gains are noticeable, esp. above 40 or so in higher revs. It is really hard to get to 100 or 120 in LA!

The gain is most def noticeable.. i mean its a stronger pull faster acceleration and just feels a lot smoother on the flow. I havent done any wild'n out with her yet since the reflash but a few quick sprints and only 6-4th down shifts but anyone would be more than pleased and wouldnt think twice about that $700 being cost efficent cause it is!

Keep us posted on the complaint i wish i could get in on that with you. You should start a petition for the people who did get the intakes and we could provide dyno charts as evidence for loss and fraud. They dont know our cars are daily driven what if we took it to the track, same loss!

As far as my dyno on the Dynapak, just waiting for the OEM's from my friend. I might even do a before and after with a 5/16 spacer from motordyne! Stay tuned to the thread.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Ridge Rider

bkreitzer = thanks for the info on the reflash, I was parked next to you at the Z show
Old 05-13-2008, 11:09 AM
bkreitzer

Originally Posted by Ridge Rider
bkreitzer = thanks for the info on the reflash, I was parked next to you at the Z show
My pleasure. It was cool to see all the Z's at the show. Drive it like you stole it!

All,

No update from Nissan... they are still trying to push me away...
Old 05-13-2008, 11:40 AM
supernadc2
Banned

yea.. i first had my reflash done and a dyno tune on technosquares superflow windyno and there was a loss of about 10hp throughout the range because of the nismo dual cai. Tadashi i think his name is told me to stick with the stock intakes.
I later changed out the nismos for the stocks and got an increase of 11.3hp to my max hp ( including reflash and nismo exhaust).
This is seriously a big deal i know nissan did they're work and produced an awesome engine but for nismo to come out with such a shi**y product is unbelievable.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:58 PM
NuVon

Did you guys bring your car in to have it reflash and tuned or you mail in your ECU just for the reflash? The reason is because I have HFC, and I don't know if a mail in reflash will do the job. By the way, I am too far away from Technosquare.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:09 PM
supernadc2
Banned

No i brought mine in im a 2 hour drive from TS but work is only 6 mins away by drive =) so it benefited me to have it reflashed and tuned.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
New JerZ

Damn man u dyno'd at 280 with the just the CAI?? Somehow i dyno'd in at 249.6whp with intakes and exhaust and 210.4Trq only.

After the reflash and dyno tune we got her up to 287.9whp @ 7000
and 243Trq @5200.

Im really dissapointed. How could the Z dyno in at 250whp?
I did notice a huge difference in power, push and throttle response its amazing and considering the reflash got me 39whp and 32.6Trq increase!!

My buddy is hooking me up and we are going to test the Z out on his DynoPak starting with the Nismo CAI on and then swap to the stock intakes and see what kind of numbers we get. He really finds it hard to believe and almost disagrees that im only getting those numbers he thinks it should be a little better.
Do have to keep in mind that it was hot yesterday!! But lets see how it goes..
Guaranteed that you are comparing your Dyno Dynamics numbers to Dynojet. If I did that my stock baseline was 258 whp (DD) and with exhaust and intake my numbers were 293 whp (DJ).... 35 hp gain from exhaust and intake or comparing dynojet to dyno dynamics numbers??? you decide.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:25 PM
invazn

Originally Posted by bkreitzer
Yes, but the stock CAI should NOT, I repeat, should NOT be replaced as the current aftermarket CAIs are reducing HP and Torque... I have the test results to proove it.

I filed a formal complaint with Nissan about the alleged gains and ... we will see where this goes. I am selling my Nismo air intakes!

The Nismo actually reduced my HP by 7-10 throughout the range!!!
im a little confused. there are more than one types of nismo CAIs? by stock CAI do you mean stock intakes?

Quick Reply: ECM Reflash Results by TechnoSquare