Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Church Automotive/Osiris

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:05 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went back to the dyno today. Car had 1/2 93 octane and 1/2 100 octane.

SC Osiris race map vs. 93 octane Technosquare reflash:

Thought the race map looked a bit lean, so switched to the 93 octane performance map for the last pull.

SC Osiris race map vs. 93 octane Technosquare reflash vs. SC Osiris 93 octane map

The goal was to get back some of the low/mid power that I lost when going from my setup with the MD MREV2 and spacer(TS reflash) to my setup with the cosworth plenum, and gain a bit more on top (SC Osiris reflash).
Results:

SC Osiris race map vs. 93 octane Technosquare reflash w/ MD MREV2 and spacer:

To be fair: 93 octane SC Osiris reflash w/ Cosworth Plenum vs. 93 octane Technosquare reflash w/ MD MREV2 and spacer:

Old 05-06-2008, 07:18 AM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCG35
they use off-the-shelf maps based on data logs sent... Shawn was trying to help John do custom maps (by dyno) remote - UpRev doesn't do this.
We don't do tunes based on dyno time? Since when? Thats exactly what we do with our eTune setups, and our base maps. All of our maps are based on actual dyno tuning that we've done on cars with similar setups. We've got a larger more accurate library of maps than any one and we can adjust all of our base maps using the logs you send back to us to tweak your particular tune.

That said, dyno time is the only way to get more out of any system, and should be performed by a professional like Church Automotive, or any of our Pro Tuners.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:53 PM
GrayG35

way too much for the dyno. how much better does the race gas tune feel?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Fluid1

Just another reason not to go with UpRev.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:55 AM
App6MT

Originally Posted by Fluid1
As opposed to what?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:16 PM
UpRev
Banned

All those dynos show more power with Osiris vs Technosquare. The only difference is in the Cosworth lower plenum making less power in his current setup. Also his current setup is changing when he gets his HKS stuff, and Technosquare cannot itself support FI systems and he'd have to go piggyback or stand alone. Ours does.

If this is ANOTHER reason not to go with our product, what other reasons are there exactly?

Last edited by UpRev; 05-07-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:31 PM
jonnylaw

??? Just another reason(s) TO go with Uprev and/or their pro dealers. It's a big plus to be offered support for my anticipated F/I setup as well. Technosqaure can't do that, as mentioned by the above rep. from Uprev.

I'm 100% satisfied and the results speak for themselves.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 05-07-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:35 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by GrayG35
way too much for the dyno. how much better does the race gas tune feel?
Yea, it's a Porsche dealership and they charge Porsche tech prices. It reality they are giving me a discount charging me $200 for numbers. Regular cost for anyone coming in is $350!!!!! Overpriced, but it's what I started with for numbers.

The race gas map yielded ~8 lbs. trq pretty much accross the entire power band. It feels a bit stronger than the 93 performance map. But the cost of 100 octane is pretty high.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:00 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The race gas tune was way too lean @ 14.5 ~ 15.0. Probably a lot of power left on the table there too. I'd stick with the 93 until you can tune the race gas a bit richer...

Last edited by gothchick; 05-07-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

all this time and money spent and you could have just done a Haltech, been able to fully have the setup tuned now and in the future, regardless of future mods.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:29 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by gothchick
The race gas tune was way too lean @ 14.5 ~ 15.0. Probably a lot of power left on the table there too. I'd stick with the 93 until you can tune the race gas a bit richer...

the cipher logs for the dyno pulls read ~13. I think the dyno a/f sensor was off.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:42 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
all this time and money spent and you could have just done a Haltech, been able to fully have the setup tuned now and in the future, regardless of future mods.

Please explain how Haltech is less expensive than Osiris. Dyno time aside, because you know as well as anyone that the Haltech doesn't tune itself. You offer eTuning services on Haltech units for customers that can't drive back to you every time they want something tweaked? Stop trolling up threads where someone is happy and content about their purchase, honestly thats not a good way to endear yourself to potential customers or manufacturers.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 PM
GrayG35

Originally Posted by UpRev
Please explain how Haltech is less expensive than Osiris. Dyno time aside, because you know as well as anyone that the Haltech doesn't tune itself. You offer eTuning services on Haltech units for customers that can't drive back to you every time they want something tweaked? Stop trolling up threads where someone is happy and content about their purchase, honestly thats not a good way to endear yourself to potential customers or manufacturers.
owned and so true lol
Old 05-07-2008, 07:37 PM
OCG35
Banned

We don't do tunes based on dyno time? Since when? Thats exactly what we do with our eTune setups, and our base maps. All of our maps are based on actual dyno tuning that we've done on cars with similar setups. We've got a larger more accurate library of maps than any one and we can adjust all of our base maps using the logs you send back to us to tweak your particular tune.

That said, dyno time is the only way to get more out of any system, and should be performed by a professional like Church Automotive, or any of our Pro Tuners.
relax chief... I have Osiris and was tuned by Shawn... you seem a little wound up in this thread today... there wasn’t anything in my post that was derogatory or inaccurate - I have been very pleased with Osiris and have posted as such here and on G35Driver... I had $700 worth of TechnoSquare tune overwritten by your product... I'm not sure why you felt compelled to comment so aggressively.

BTW - your words in red is exactly what I said John was doing...
Old 05-08-2008, 04:25 AM
Fluid1

All those dynos show more power with Osiris vs Technosquare. The only difference is in the Cosworth lower plenum making less power in his current setup. Also his current setup is changing when he gets his HKS stuff, and Technosquare cannot itself support FI systems and he'd have to go piggyback or stand alone. Ours does.

If this is ANOTHER reason not to go with our product, what other reasons are there exactly?

#1: Customer Service.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:33 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As a standalone mod of course its not, but that isn't what I wrote, nor would I. If you add up the time and money spent by the OP on the first technoflash, then the time and money spent on the osirus flash, plus the subsequent dynos, the downtime waiting for someone else to do the programming for him, etc, he could have gone with, for example, a haltech from the outset. Especially if he is going with a forced induction setup down the road...that was my only point. Simply a matter of opinion that is all, don't get all twisted, it was not a knock on your product, or on any other means of engine mgmt. options, just a comment. I think your product is a welcome addition to the community, and the more worthwhile options someone has, the better. If the OP is happy, that is all that matters.

Technosquare I think can support at least some FI setups. I have a local customer with a G35 who was sending his ecu to them shortly (he is changing pullies and doing a spacer), and has a supercharger setup - I think this is the second time they will have tuned him (first time was a couple years ago)

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 05-08-2008 at 05:01 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:29 AM
App6MT

#1: Customer Service.
Jared has always been prompt with responding to my 100+ emails I wrote in the first month of owning Osiris, even when it was just him and Matt. So to say that customer service isn't there, you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
As a standalone mod of course its not, but that isn't what I wrote, nor would I. If you add up the time and money spent by the OP on the first technoflash, then the time and money spent on the osirus flash, plus the subsequent dynos, the downtime waiting for someone else to do the programming for him, etc, he could have gone with, for example, a haltech from the outset. Especially if he is going with a forced induction setup down the road...that was my only point. Simply a matter of opinion that is all, don't get all twisted, it was not a knock on your product, or on any other means of engine mgmt. options, just a comment. I think your product is a welcome addition to the community, and the more worthwhile options someone has, the better. If the OP is happy, that is all that matters.

Technosquare I think can support at least some FI setups. I have a local customer with a G35 who was sending his ecu to them shortly (he is changing pullies and doing a spacer), and has a supercharger setup - I think this is the second time they will have tuned him (first time was a couple years ago)
True if you add up his totals he's way out of line of the typical customer. But switching to the stand alone, and having him do all these odd tuning jumps with all the dyno time he'd be more out of pocket. Some of the stand alones are really powerful and they offer alot of power that you won't be able to get with the stock ECU no matter how much tuning you do, but thats two totally different ball parks when it comes to price and ease of use.

Trust me I've spent enough time hanging around the Boost Logic guys to know what a stand alone can do in the right hands, they just happen to have customers who carry gold bricks in their pockets.

The thought of sending your ECU cross country every time you need to update you tune I don't even have to mention.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by App6MT
Jared has always been prompt with responding to my 100+ emails I wrote in the first month of owning Osiris, even when it was just him and Matt. So to say that customer service isn't there, you don't know what you're talking about.
You are a ******* idiot.

I have had TWO personal experiences with their poor customer service. Being that I was the one who had the experiece, I can clearly make the call here, based on my experience.

I was stupid to give them a second chance.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:57 AM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are a ******* idiot.

I have had TWO personal experiences with their poor customer service. Being that I was the one who had the experiece, I can clearly make the call here, based on my experience.

I was stupid to give them a second chance.
I think someone forgot to take their meds today~

I've had great experience with UpRev's customer service. I say this from my own personal experience. Heck, they even re-tuned and sent my Orisis map on a Sunday!! They are a small shop and very busy, this is true. So they don't have time to drop everything just to cater to non-paying or even maybe-paying customers, because they're busy working on customer tunes/flashes (if they were a bigger shop and could afford the overhead of a few more bodies, they would).

But when you're ready to pull the trigger with Orisis or a reflash, they're spot on with their commitment and responsiveness.

Of coarse, now, I doubt you even have that option with them. Maybe you should just get a Haltech, get it tuned, and call it good~

Last edited by gothchick; 05-09-2008 at 06:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Church Automotive/Osiris