Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Getting Tuned :hehehe:

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:14 AM
cc1012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Personal attack? You are the one that attacked me calling me a fanboi. LOL.

I don't know the details of the modified MAF. I just know it has something to do with the electronics on it that is allowing more airflow readings.

But it seems you are here for one thing, and is to be a keyboard warrior with no research and I will not continue with this.
Your key words are I DONT KNOW...... so then maybe you shouldnt talk or type rather. If you dont know the answer how can you say i didnt do my research?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:29 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cc1012
Your key words are I DONT KNOW...... so then maybe you shouldnt talk or type rather. If you dont know the answer how can you say i didnt do my research?
The only person that knows more about the MAF is UPREV as they sell it. But I obviously know more than you because I have researched this enough to know that it's the electronic portion of the maf. You on the other hand are just here acting like a childish kid.

I am still waiting for you to provide proof on what is better with Cobb that UPREV doesn't have. You have yet to do so because there isn't anything.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:30 AM
cc1012

So if you've researched it enough then explain to me how it works if you know so much.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:34 AM
cc1012

You can only rescale the MAF so much with out having to physically move to a bigger tube. I doubt there even comming close to making it out on an NA car.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:45 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

So if you've researched it enough then explain to me how it works if you know so much.

Still waiting. As you were the one that said it. Please provide what evidence you have that Cobb has more than UPREV.

Oh that's right you can't. I am done now. I will let someone else deal with you.

Oh and for you to enjoy:

Old 03-24-2009, 08:01 AM
cc1012

Wow first of all your a loser for even having pictures on your comp like that or even knowing where to get picssss like that. Second this is all in defense because you can't answer my question. I never said it could do more........ I said it could do everything up rev could. Please don't waste anymore valuable server space with your immature piccssss. You my friend is the one that needs to grow up.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:25 AM
UpRev
Banned

I'm just going to disregard ur comment because you didn't even answer my questions

You're a troll.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:26 AM
UpRev
Banned

Your right but there is about a hundred access port tuners around the US that could make a nitrous map. You can send data back and forth all you want but the weather in TX isn't the same as salt lake or new york or any where else in the US and u know plays a roll in tuning as does altitude. So if your gonna sit here and tell us that a mail in tune is just as good if not superior to a custom tune then I question your tuning knowledge
Actually are there hundreds? We sell more Nissan product than anyone, including Cobb. If you want to use Cobb go right ahead.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

Can we flame yet?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:33 AM
UpRev
Banned

And how could you not say your comparing apples to apples. You offer a mail in reflash and cobb does the same. I suggest you read up on cobb product before talking about it. You just connected me to some commercial grade garbage programmer. Thats like a diablo tuner or some junk a ricer shop would sell you. Thats mostly for diesel trucks, ive never seen an import running that thing. People in the suby and evo community have made almost 500whp on a reflash. And im sure with a EBC and a cobb accessport tuner doing a custom tune im almost positive it could handle boost.

as for you comment regarding the MAF. Your trying to tell me that you can physically move more air then the MAF can read on stock ECU???? Once the MAF is maxed out thats it you cant go no more and its not safe running a maxed out MAF hence the reason why people use standalones and BIG MAFs. So explain to me how you can move more air the the MAF can read on stock ECU?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Mail in flashes, we've sold all of 3 in the last two years because it is the absolute worst thing you can do for a customer, our customers go to our Pro Tuners or they step up to the Osiris Standard.

That link I provided is offering the exact same functionality of the Cobb Accessport, I don't know how you can't comprehend that and it points further to the fact that you have no idea how the Cobb product works, nor what it is.

The Cobb cannot do boost on NA Nissans. Sorry about the reality. The only cars that Cobb can do boost on is cars that come stock with it. You have no idea what it is that Cobb does.

I am as a matter of fact telling you that we can read more air than the stock MAF. We offer a replacement MAF from PMAS that can read air flow higher than stock. The Cobb does not have this ability in any way shape or form. So the Cobb at most is useful to roughly 400hp. Nothing more.

Is there anything else you'd like to look stupid about?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:34 AM
UpRev
Banned

Wow first of all your a loser for even having pictures on your comp like that or even knowing where to get picssss like that. Second this is all in defense because you can't answer my question. I never said it could do more........ I said it could do everything up rev could. Please don't waste anymore valuable server space with your immature piccssss. You my friend is the one that needs to grow up.
I've pointed out a number of things it cannot. Will you shut up now?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:07 AM
cc1012

Originally Posted by UpRev
Actually are there hundreds? We sell more Nissan product than anyone, including Cobb. If you want to use Cobb go right ahead.
ok go to there site and look up how many cobb tuners are around the US. Im not saying i would use that, ive already said a Utec would be better because it could control everything.

BTW your an unprofessional tool who needs to grow up along with SOLO 350z. A troll??? wow you must not get laid
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 AM
cc1012

You have no idea what you're talking about. Mail in flashes, we've sold all of 3 in the last two years because it is the absolute worst thing you can do for a customer, our customers go to our Pro Tuners or they step up to the Osiris Standard.

That link I provided is offering the exact same functionality of the Cobb Accessport, I don't know how you can't comprehend that and it points further to the fact that you have no idea how the Cobb product works, nor what it is.

The Cobb cannot do boost on NA Nissans. Sorry about the reality. The only cars that Cobb can do boost on is cars that come stock with it. You have no idea what it is that Cobb does.

I am as a matter of fact telling you that we can read more air than the stock MAF. We offer a replacement MAF from PMAS that can read air flow higher than stock. The Cobb does not have this ability in any way shape or form. So the Cobb at most is useful to roughly 400hp. Nothing more.

Is there anything else you'd like to look stupid about?
The link you provided me to is mainly used in diesel trucks. Whatd you go to google and type in "handheld tuners"? You cant make any changes off the cobb handheld. Its strictly for flashing and logging. Just like people with your product go to tuners and have custom maps made. You can go to a cobb tuner and have the tuner make a custom map just like OP is doing. As for the MAF i stated that the only way you could read more is if you physically change the size. So in what way did you make me look stupid if I stated that was the only way you could read more air in the MAF?

Arrogance= pathetic.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

ok go to there site and look up how many cobb tuners are around the US. Im not saying i would use that, ive already said a Utec would be better because it could control everything.

BTW your an unprofessional tool who needs to grow up along with SOLO 350z. A troll??? wow you must not get laid

Seems to me that you are alone here.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
cc1012

as for you comment regarding the MAF. Your trying to tell me that you can physically move more air then the MAF can read on stock ECU???? Once the MAF is maxed out thats it you cant go no more and its not safe running a maxed out MAF hence the reason why people use standalones and BIG MAFs. So explain to me how you can move more air the the MAF can read on stock ECU?
so i was right you guys actually change the MAF soo where was a wrong here besides making SOLO look like a tool?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
UpRev
Banned

They have Pro Tuners for the Subaru stuff, but have you any idea how many have paid for the Nissan software? This is something you once again have NO CLUE about.

The customer buys the $700 Cobb handheld unit, they then go to a Pro Tuner, well if the Pro Tuner wants to tune the customers car that Pro Tuner has to buy a license from Cobb for that software. Cobb charges one amount for Subaru, one amount for Nissan, one for Mazda, one for Mitsubishi. So most Cobb pro tuners aren't Nissan pro tuners, there won't be a return on the money they have to spend to become that Pro Tuner.

There are fewer Cobb Nissan Pro Tuners world wide than there are Uprev Pro Tuners. This is just the honest to god truth.

You're a far less professional tool yourself than most trolls on this forum, sorry about your lack of sex life. Go back to 4chan.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 AM
cc1012

Cobb is safer for nitrous? How is that possible? Does Cobb even have a tuned map for nitrous?

Oddly for the same $700 as the Accessport a customer can get Osiris Standard, Cipher cable, and 3 free eTunes. We can update the base tune that we send out that is already fairly close to the exact mods that the customer has, so that it's even more accurate of a tune. On top of that using our eTune service, we can get data logs from the customer and adjust his tune for nitrous. This is not something that Cobb has ever offered, nor can they do for all their customers. Yet it is something we've been doing for going on 3 years at this point.

Forced induction is not something that Cobb is capable of doing, nor do they have any solution for vehicles that make more power than the stock MAF can read airflow.

Cobbs biggest competitor is more closely BullyDog. If you want to compare Apples to Apples.

http://www.bullydog.com/product/inde...uct_detail/185

$439 retail, does the same **** Cobb does. Hope Cobb enjoys competing at $700 with a larger company at 2/3 the price retail.

We don't directly compete with either of those companies any more than the 350z competes with the Versa.
So why would you tell him to mail it back to you with his mods if its not ideal???
UpRev
Banned

so i was right you guys actually change the MAF soo where was a wrong here besides making SOLO look like a tool?
The fact that we have software to rescale the MAF. Even if you want to use the stock MAF in a larger tube. Something that Cobb does not offer.

Hope your foot is yummy.
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

The link you provided me to is mainly used in diesel trucks. Whatd you go to google and type in "handheld tuners"? You cant make any changes off the cobb handheld. Its strictly for flashing and logging. Just like people with your product go to tuners and have custom maps made. You can go to a cobb tuner and have the tuner make a custom map just like OP is doing. As for the MAF i stated that the only way you could read more is if you physically change the size. So in what way did you make me look stupid if I stated that was the only way you could read more air in the MAF?

Arrogance= pathetic.

The physical size of the MAF is more than enough to flow more air than what is required. The electronics of the MAF limit to what it can see over 400hp. It hits the threshold limit. Upgrading those pieces will expand that threshold and allow it to see higher air readings. But you obviously aren't smart enough to see that.

I also see all Nissan cars/trucks on the site he linked. I don't think you even visited the site.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 03-24-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM
cc1012

They have Pro Tuners for the Subaru stuff, but have you any idea how many have paid for the Nissan software? This is something you once again have NO CLUE about.

The customer buys the $700 Cobb handheld unit, they then go to a Pro Tuner, well if the Pro Tuner wants to tune the customers car that Pro Tuner has to buy a license from Cobb for that software. Cobb charges one amount for Subaru, one amount for Nissan, one for Mazda, one for Mitsubishi. So most Cobb pro tuners aren't Nissan pro tuners, there won't be a return on the money they have to spend to become that Pro Tuner.

There are fewer Cobb Nissan Pro Tuners world wide than there are Uprev Pro Tuners. This is just the honest to god truth.

You're a far less professional tool yourself than most trolls on this forum, sorry about your lack of sex life. Go back to 4chan.

ok as you stated there are nissan pro tuners around so if there is one close to him why are you discouraging the OP? Wow you mature way to use the same come back. Good one! are you gonna come up with your own diss now?

Quick Reply: Getting Tuned :hehehe: