Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Injected Performance Reflash

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:32 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injected Performance Reflash

Anybody have experience with this reflash. It is much better priced than the others, and was just wondering if anybody has any feedback. Maybe the guys from IP can give a bit more info?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
frankie945

What Mods do you have done?

Injected Performance is a great shop with great customer service just give them a call..
Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Fujita short ram intake, Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust and Y-pipe. I'm ordering next week, some HFC's (still undecided which one), and the motordyne 5/16 spacer.
I'm also eagerly waiting on the MREV3.

I want to get the flash done after i've done all these mods, otherwise it would be a waste of money to have to re-do it after the MREV3.

I was just curious to know what peoples experience with this reflash was.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Where are you located? For fuel and ignition tuning I prefer to have the car here so I can tune it on the dyno. If you are not able to come in, I would suggest buying the vq35de reflash and a Cipher obd2 support cable. This combo works nicely because you will not have to mail in your ecu, and you can log your air/fuel ratios and I can make adjustments to get your tune just right via email.

In addition to tuning, our reflash provides all of the other items you would normally expect in a flash such as: speed limiter removal, rev limiter increase, idle adjustment, throttle response enhancement, etc.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:16 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

That sounds great, but then we're talking 700 bucks, and for not much more i can get a decent piggyback, and tweek the tune myself.
I am planning on fitting a supercharger in the not too distant future, so this is purely to make the most out of the current mods.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
That sounds great, but then we're talking 700 bucks, and for not much more i can get a decent piggyback, and tweek the tune myself.
I am planning on fitting a supercharger in the not too distant future, so this is purely to make the most out of the current mods.
What is a decent piggyback exactly?

Also the Osiris kit they sell can be used for forced induction. Just have to bring it to a Pro Tuner or upgrade it to Osiris Tuner when you go FI.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:11 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

I can pick up an HKS Fcon iS from Japan for a bit more. It's not completely user tuneable but it can be "tweeked" when i get the camp2. Don't get me wrong, i am seriously considering the IP reflash, i just might skip the cable. I just wanted to see if many people have used it yet, and if so how good there A/F ratios were, what sort of gains they got, yada yada yada....
So tell me more about how the osiris kit can work with FI.
Forgive my ignorance.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 10:12 AM
UpRev
Banned

I can pick up an HKS Fcon iS from Japan for a bit more. It's not completely user tuneable but it can be "tweeked" when i get the camp2. Don't get me wrong, i am seriously considering the IP reflash, i just might skip the cable. I just wanted to see if many people have used it yet, and if so how good there A/F ratios were, what sort of gains they got, yada yada yada....
So tell me more about how the osiris kit can work with FI.
Forgive my ignorance.

Thanks
Basic searching on here will give you example after example.

Piggy backs will always have the stock ECU to fight with. Unless you lock down the stock ECU so that it's not constantly changing it's parameters that is. To tune the stock ECu you're going to spend $400 on top of whatever you spent to buy, install, and tune the piggy back.

Osiris Tuner is $900 and gives you all the tuning ability you'd need for NA and FI tested up to 750whp so far. If you're just looking for a basic flash you can start with Osiris Flash at $400 and upgrade to Osiris Tuner at a later date. You're not buying anything twice or paying any penalty when you upgrade. Theres nothing to wire in, the factory component reliability is obviously higher than the aftermarket units, and the control ability is built into Osiris.

The fact that so many people have used Piggy backs for so long is because there was no ECU tuning choice. Now that there is a ECU tuning choice the market for piggy backs is fading away. Especially since we can do forced induction on cars that came NA from the factory.

You might want to step into a full stand alone for some of the over the top features, but then you'd talking double or triple the cost of Osiris tuner, and it doesn't sound like you need that much.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:25 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

To start with, is the Osiris reflash and the IP reflash the same thing, or do i have to do the Osiris reflash in order to expand in the future if i want to.

Next, if for instance i get the reflash now, whilst i'm NA, but in a years time i fit the HKS Supercharger (which is what i'm planning), i could get the tuner kit and upgrade the Osiris and it will control everything flawlessly even though the car has gone from NA to FI? Why aren't more people doing this?

And lastly. If i get the reflash now, will that lock the ECU so that if i fitted a piggyback in the future i wouldn't have issues with autocorrection? I say this incase i can't get the HKS kit in a tuner version and end up using the HKS engine management (which is still a good piece of kit).

And also, how come we don't here more about problems with autocorrection, especially with people using the UTEC.

Thanks for your help
Old 03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Both are the same and upgradeable to the tuner version.

It will grow with you in the future if you add boost such as the HKS supercharger. More people are starting to do this on mild forced induction setups.

Locking the ecu... we can change the AFR targets in the reflash so it won't learn itself lean in the future. People don't experience trim issues with the UTEC because it takes control of the injectors in boost.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
UpRev
Banned

To start with, is the Osiris reflash and the IP reflash the same thing, or do i have to do the Osiris reflash in order to expand in the future if i want to.

Next, if for instance i get the reflash now, whilst i'm NA, but in a years time i fit the HKS Supercharger (which is what i'm planning), i could get the tuner kit and upgrade the Osiris and it will control everything flawlessly even though the car has gone from NA to FI? Why aren't more people doing this?

And lastly. If i get the reflash now, will that lock the ECU so that if i fitted a piggyback in the future i wouldn't have issues with autocorrection? I say this incase i can't get the HKS kit in a tuner version and end up using the HKS engine management (which is still a good piece of kit).

And also, how come we don't here more about problems with autocorrection, especially with people using the UTEC.

Thanks for your help
1. Yes they use Osiris, but all our tuners have their own tweaks they've done to the tuning, so pick a company you trust. Injected is one of the most respected tuning companies out there so you can't go wrong.

2. You can upgrade to Osiris Tuner at any time, or you can take it to any Pro Tuner to have them dyno tune it once you install your super charger. People are doing it more and more often. Realize we are still a somewhat small company but as time goes on our market share is growing more and more rapidly. Even the GTM Turbo kits use Osiris OEM for their tunes.

3. It will lock down some of what the ECU is doing, but the tune itself won't be ideal for helping to support a Piggy Back, you'd have to have Injected change settings if you wanted it.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:14 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Ok, but i could still fit a piggyback if necessary? If anything it would need to be tweeked, but you expect to do this anyway with any FI kit you get right?
Ultimately i just want to keep my options open now because i don't know 100% what i will do in the future.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 04:56 PM
frankie945

Ok, but i could still fit a piggyback if necessary? If anything it would need to be tweeked, but you expect to do this anyway with any FI kit you get right?
Ultimately i just want to keep my options open now because i don't know 100% what i will do in the future.

Thanks
Just get a Utec it will hold you over they have been selling cheap in the classifieds. I ran a utec for a little over a year. Then if you get tired of it or just grow out of it resell it when you know what your goals are.

I suggest you figure out your power goals and go from there. Any type of FI is not going to be cheap.

Hal is pointing you in the right direction with the Cipher obd2 support cable and flash that way you can upgrade later if you wish.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 PM
psychoballistic

I dont personally have the osiris, but a buddy of mine got his done with the osiris a couple months ago and he has been very happy. He is NA, but he had technosquare and then had a osiris reflash and was very impressed. I'm running a utec with my greddy twins, and im having some problems right now with minor issues, partly because of my tune and also the stock ecu. I might be getting certain parameters locked in my stock ecu and if i do, i promise you its going to Hal for the psiris if i am still having minor problems after my new tune. He's got you in the right direction and for what you have right now, its the best bang for your buck with the most features.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Ok. So now the next problem. I'm in Spain! Are there any tuners here? Or how would i go about tuning the car?
Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Ok. So now the next problem. I'm in Spain! Are there any tuners here? Or how would i go about tuning the car?
First, update your location; 'durka durka stan' means nothing to us. As for tuning, are there any dyno shops there? If not, NA tuning can be done via email. If you add boost later I would definitely recommend you find a dyno at that point to dial in ignition timing.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:31 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Well first my location is accurate. I am in durka durka stan (turkey) as i'm working here at the moment.
Secondly, nobody seems to be answering me question. Would i be able to safely run a piggyback (such as the Fcon iS from the GT supercharger kit) if i got the reflash now.
The problem is that were i live there are no dyno's near by, and if i fit the supercharger myself and don't use the Fcon, then how the hell do i get it tuned?
At least with the Fcon that comes with the kit i could drive the car to an HKS dealer (probably in the UK) and then have it tuned.
At the end of the day, i really want to get the reflash, but not if it means that i'm then closing my doors for the future.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
UpRev
Banned

Well first my location is accurate. I am in durka durka stan (turkey) as i'm working here at the moment.
Secondly, nobody seems to be answering me question. Would i be able to safely run a piggyback (such as the Fcon iS from the GT supercharger kit) if i got the reflash now.
The problem is that were i live there are no dyno's near by, and if i fit the supercharger myself and don't use the Fcon, then how the hell do i get it tuned?
At least with the Fcon that comes with the kit i could drive the car to an HKS dealer (probably in the UK) and then have it tuned.
At the end of the day, i really want to get the reflash, but not if it means that i'm then closing my doors for the future.
Why would you need a piggy back? Osiris Tuner gives you all the control you'd need on your stock ECU. And you can upgrade to it from the Base Flash you'd be getting from Injected Performance.

$400 for the flash, $500 to upgrade to the Osiris Tuner.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:22 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Because i wouldn't be able to get it tuned. I don't have a dyno readily accessible to tune the car if and when i put a supercharger on it. And like you said, i would need a dyno to tune the car if i went FI.
If you guys are able to send an FI map with the tuner via e-mail, that would be safe enough to get me to a dyno then i would very much consider this option, but you said i need a dyno to tune it.
If im wrong please correct me. I would love to be able to rock the stock ECU in FI if possible.

Also. When i do get it tuned, would i need to keep retuning it every 6 months when the weather changes, or does the Osiris have an A/F feedback that will keep the A/F ratios at a preset level?
I would also assume the as it would be using the stock ECU, it would use the stock wideband that comes in the 06+ 350Z, and the stock knock sensor?

Thanks for all your help and forgive my noobness in the matter!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

So? Would you be able to provide a base map for FI via e-mail safe enough to get me to a dyno?

or

Can i still plug a preprogrammed piggyback (HKS GT Supercharger in particular) without any issues?