Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

I love my baby (Osiris Tune results)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
King350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my baby (Osiris Tune results)

OK so I found out about a pro tuner shop called church automotive through a member on this forum (johnyrod i believe). Basically I went in their with modest wishes about hp and torque gains, but was met with great results =) Basically at the wheel I am looking at 290 (289.7 but who's counting, hehe) and 266.7 ft/lbs torque. I have an '03 Performance with full bolt-ons.

Fujita Short Ram
OBX Long Tube Headers
X02 True Duals (HKS knockoff)
5/16 Plenum Spacer.

I will post pictures of the dyno graphs once I get the pictures to my computer. I AM SOO HAPPY!!! Throttle response is greatly increased and the power difference is rediculous. Steadier and more intense climb throughout the powerband. I also got 4 map settings with the tune

1. Performance
2. Launch control (set at 3500rpm)
3. Economy (leans out exhaust)
4. Anti-theft (basically my car won't go faster than 1 mph lol)

I couldn't be happier. Definitely a huge bang for the buck. 550 bux for everything. License and tune. Thanks to Uprev and the guys at Church Automotive

-Mike

ps like i said, pics as soon as i get em!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I wish I could dyno on the infamous church dyno......what were the before numbers?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:04 PM
King350Z

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
I wish I could dyno on the infamous church dyno......what were the before numbers?
here's the pics dude. it tells all
Attached Thumbnails I love my baby (Osiris Tune results)-dyno-hp.jpg   I love my baby (Osiris Tune results)-dyno-tq.jpg   I love my baby (Osiris Tune results)-dyno-hp-2.jpg   I love my baby (Osiris Tune results)-dyno-tq-2.jpg  
Old 07-23-2009, 06:09 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

nice gains.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:12 PM
King350Z

Thanks man. They said I probably should wrap my intake with some heat shield or something and I woulda seen 1 or 2 more hp. My car was baking in the sun for a little while because when I got there, there was a Subaru on their dyno using BOTH their dynos, lol. Stupid AWD. Also it woulda helped if it was cooler outside. Was getting close to 100 degrees out
Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Bigalow

Originally Posted by King350Z
OK so I found out about a pro tuner shop called church automotive through a member on this forum (johnyrod i believe). Basically I went in their with modest wishes about hp and torque gains, but was met with great results =) Basically at the wheel I am looking at 290 (289.7 but who's counting, hehe) and 266.7 ft/lbs torque. I have an '03 Performance with full bolt-ons.

Fujita Short Ram
OBX Long Tube Headers
5/16 Plenum Spacer.

I will post pictures of the dyno graphs once I get the pictures to my computer. I AM SOO HAPPY!!! Throttle response is greatly increased and the power difference is rediculous. Steadier and more intense climb throughout the powerband. I also got 4 map settings with the tune

1. Performance

I couldn't be happier. Definitely a huge bang for the buck. 550 bux for everything. License and tune. Thanks to Uprev and the guys at Church Automotive

-Mike

hmm... so much hp gain on just those mods? no flywheel, final drive, etc?

They did a tune via reflash right? Or was it an EMS?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:28 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Keep in mind where it was tuned........church's dyno puts out monstrous numbers. I'd mainly focus on the gains.

Based on a couple of people I know who got tuned there and later dyno'd on dynojets..........290 is about ~255 on a dynojet.

Still good for those few mods and on 91oct.

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 07-23-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:38 PM
King350Z

Originally Posted by Bigalow
hmm... so much hp gain on just those mods? no flywheel, final drive, etc?

They did a tune via reflash right? Or was it an EMS?
Reflash. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't know lightweight flywheels or final drives added hp. I know they help with quicker acceleration, but isn't that as far as they go? I'm not sure a those would aid a tune in any way? Like I said I'm still a novice with all this stuff so flame me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by 03Threefiftyz
Keep in mind where it was tuned........church's dyno puts out monstrous numbers. I'd mainly focus on the gains.
even if that was the case, I still noticed a HUGE difference in power. I simply let my rpms coast up in 1st and I was already spinning my back tires pretty good when I floored it. I wasn't able to do that before. But y'all probably know more than I. I am just very very happy with my results. It certainly feels like 289 whp
Old 07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Bigalow

Based on a couple of people I know who got tuned there and later dyno'd on dynojets..........290 is about ~255 on a dynojet.

Still good for those few mods and on 91oct.
LOL, those are some very different numbers. I wish there was a standard that all followed and adhered to..
Old 07-23-2009, 06:43 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Like I said very solid gains....and shawn is a competent tuner. His dyno is pretty infamous on many sites.

LOL, those are some very different numbers. I wish there was a standard that all followed and adhered to..
Yeah, my car is tuned on a DynoDynamics, but there is a DJ down the street from my house so I put it on there for comparative purposes.
I talk to one guy often on driver who moved to VA from SoCal and his car put down 277 on church's and put down 248 on a dynojet. It sucks that the cali guys have to live 91oct.

Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 07-23-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Bigalow

Reflash. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't know lightweight flywheels or final drives added hp. I know they help with quicker acceleration, but isn't that as far as they go? I'm not sure a those would aid a tune in any way? Like I said I'm still a novice with all this stuff so flame me if I'm wrong.
Yup, pretty much accel. I just couldn't believe your numbers so I had to ask. You should take the Z to another dyno and see what you get. Congrats btw.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Fujita Short Ram
OBX Long Tube Headers
5/16 Plenum Spacer.

1. Performance

-Mike

Congrats man . I had Church tune my osiris also & he did an excellent job as well.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:48 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
Congrats man . I had Church tune my osiris also & he did an excellent job as well.
Church has been around for a while and he has a great rep in a bunch of communities. His prices seem too undercut the competition by a good amount too. Win, win.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Bigalow

Fujita Short Ram
OBX Long Tube Headers
5/16 Plenum Spacer.

1. Performance

-Mike

Almost forgot to ask - How the hell do you have different MAPs on the OEM ECU...?!
I mean, how are you expected to change between MAPs when you want to?

Last edited by Bigalow; 07-23-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:51 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Almost forgot to ask - How the hell do you have different MAPs on the OEM ECU...?!
I mean, how are you expect to change between MAPs when you want to?
You can switch maps on the fly via the cruise control. It's a cool feature.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Bigalow

You can switch maps on the fly via the cruise control. It's a cool feature.

.....amazing....
Old 07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

an 03 makes 267 lbft of tq yet I nearly start a riot of people in disbelief when my 07 makes 261 lbft.

anyway sick numbers man. uprev really does make a huge difference.

Last edited by Phenom; 07-23-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:56 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

.....amazing....
Old 07-23-2009, 06:59 PM
King350Z

Yup, pretty much accel. I just couldn't believe your numbers so I had to ask. You should take the Z to another dyno and see what you get. Congrats btw.
I probably should =) but thanks bro. I would like to just stick to these numbers though hehe

yeah truthful numbers or not my car feels very solid. i really love the anti theft and the launch control. 2 great additions to my baby. funny if some jack@$$ wanted to drive off with my car and couldnt go passed 1 mph.

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
thanks

Originally Posted by 03Threefiftyz
Church has been around for a while and he has a great rep in a bunch of communities. His prices seem too undercut the competition by a good amount too. Win, win.
yeah 550 is an awesome deal. i guess they just lowered their price

I mean, how are you expect to change between MAPs when you want to?
lol, that I couldn't explain, BUT i am still able to do it. On your cruise control you have 3 buttons, 1.accel/decel/, 2.the actual on or off button, 3. cancel. you hold the top button down into the decel position and press the cancel button the appropriate amount of times for the specific map

ex. hold the top button down and press the cancel button once for map 1, 2 times for map 2 etc...
Old 07-23-2009, 08:08 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

even if that was the case, I still noticed a HUGE difference in power. I simply let my rpms coast up in 1st and I was already spinning my back tires pretty good when I floored it. I wasn't able to do that before. But y'all probably know more than I. I am just very very happy with my results. It certainly feels like 289 whp
Correct. Kind of.

Flywheel may decrease drive train loss. This may show on dyno results.

Final drive will not add horsepower. What it will do is alter dyno horsepower numbers. You no longer have a transmission gear -final drive gear for a 1:1 ratio.

Quick Reply: I love my baby (Osiris Tune results)