Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Who can tune the Haltech for N/A in the midwest ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ sure, be no different than any other tuning

and FWIW, the Haltch can monitor the stock knock sensor, but it doesnt do anythinig if there is knock. Doesnt pull timing, etc. In that sense, the UTEC is a superior unit bc it has active knock control.

So technically, the Haltech is actually worse than UPrev in terms of knock. At least the Uprev can retard timing if it knocks below 5000 rpms.....
Old 10-05-2009, 03:51 PM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by booger
UpRev
Can the stock ECU be programmed for a return fuel system and large injectors [800cc] ?
We have run over 1000cc injectors with an AEM injector driver, and that obviously would mean a return fuel system. So yes.

You can get OEM Denso injectors up to crazy numbers now, I think I saw one at 960cc or 980cc. Plug and play injectors with reasonable idle characteristics.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:58 PM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
^ sure, be no different than any other tuning

and FWIW, the Haltch can monitor the stock knock sensor, but it doesnt do anythinig if there is knock. Doesnt pull timing, etc. In that sense, the UTEC is a superior unit bc it has active knock control.

So technically, the Haltech is actually worse than UPrev in terms of knock. At least the Uprev can retard timing if it knocks below 5000 rpms.....
Active knock control? Str8dum1 is appropriate I guess. Reactive knock control is at best what the Utec has, it has to wait for knock to occur before it does anything.

The stock ECU has proactive knock control. Also you still don't get it, the UTEC uses the stock knock sensor which the engineers at Nissan know is not viable information above 5000rpm. So you're saying the UTEC is better because it uses useless information to base it's "after the fact" knock safety measures on? Brilliant.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:10 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UpRev
We replaced one not 2 months ago for a customer that was sick of the issues. And his was set up by Hal @ injected. So if you want to say Hal doesn't know how to tune the Haltech then go right ahead.

Personally I want a car that is as 100% bullet proof reliable and runs as well as stock, plus the additional HP. Why give to gain?
good point. i stand corrected.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UpRev
Oh and sorry Jay. Just responding after reading a few other threads. Not personally digging into you. I've been gone too long on a few boards and obviously need to come back and re-educate some forum people.
No prob, as a matter of fact.. I was one of your first ever customers.. I was there when your shop was just moved into, no dyno, nothing... I was only asking because it is what I have been told by tuners etc....
Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only thing is how does an ecu control an engine that was never meant for F/I.... I would think that would take a lot of different software to run F/I.... please educate me/others..... (I'm not just asking for "it does control it fine etc..., I would like an actual comparison of..... Osirus can actually do this better than haltech which is what you need to control all that extra air/fuel coming in ) Thanks.....

Please note I was also looking into purchasing a haltech for my HR b/c I am eventually going to TT it... but until then I wanted to tune for the mods that I already have as you can make nice N/A power from the HR.

Last edited by Blck350z; 10-06-2009 at 11:25 AM.