Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Cobb acc port

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:24 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

hmmmm its been a few days and i still havent recieved the AP download link. How long does it usually take?
Old 12-09-2009, 06:28 PM
AUS10TAT10US

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Aus10. Year? Mods dyno graph etc?
2006 5AT modified Greddy Evo2 exhaust, Megan test pipes, DC Headers, 5/16 Spacer, K&N Drop-in. Two baseline runs on a mustang dyno at 220 and 221whp. After dyno, I made 230whp. Remember, mustang dynos typically read about 10-12% lower than dynojets. I have the graph but it's a printout and I don't have a scanner. But Cobb is supposed to have it up on their website soon so that I can link it here. I will put it up when it gets posted.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 PM
COBB Tuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
hmmmm its been a few days and i still havent recieved the AP download link. How long does it usually take?
Send us a PM with your name, email, car year/make/model, ap serial number. Also, check you spam filter.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old 12-11-2009, 06:37 PM
0jiggy0

Thanks COBB I got it. It was in the spam folder. I did my some datalogging today for only a couple mins. The engine likes 29 degrees but the tires dont :/ It seems the stage 2+ config is a bit rich of a tune for my car. Not a bad baseline I suppose but needs to be cleaned up.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 PM
0jiggy0

This really is extremely user friendly. Once you get past the extremely minimal learning curve everything just makes sense. If you understand the basics. I've tuned for around 12.4 in the higher RPM. This is just street tuned but soon I will head to a dyno and see what I've gained since my last run(Tune is the only change) I havent messed with timing yet. I'm only thinkin of adding a point or 2 till I get some dyno time. Cam timing I'm not really ready to touch yet, and according to cobb's tuning guide will require a lot of dyno time( and money )
Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 PM
AZHR

0jiggy0 just wondering, i'm stuck between uprev and cobb. i'm still new to tuning. i do what to be able to tune myself. as far as user friendly goes, do you need to know the basic's of tuning?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:16 AM
0jiggy0

Whether you choose Uprev or CObb you need to know the basics of tuning or you could have a very expensive repair. I chose Cobb because I have subie friends that loved it and said it was very user friendly. It sounds dumb but I also like how the AP comes with the little unit. I dont always have to lug the laptop into the car to datalog a run.

Since both the Cobb and Uprev still use the stock ECU I bet they are pretty similar to be honest. Motorworks makes some nice automotive books. Theres one I picked up called advanced engine tuning or something with a ford focus on the cover. Pick it up, its a good read.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:48 AM
0jiggy0

This is a good book to get an understand the basics. Dont try to use it as a manual, its just to get you to understand basic terminology if you dont have much automotive experience or dont understand some of the terms you hear thrown around this forum.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
JermyH
Banned

Any bump update? i just ordered one for my 03 and i cant wait for it!! i used the Cobb AP on my 06 wrx and it made the car 100% better lol. Hoping this will do the same. I ordered it from a vendor, hopefully im still able to get something where i can still tune or make adjustments if needed.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:24 PM
0jiggy0

Its been in the 20's steady for a while up here. I've driven the car once, so now...
The race beta is on there site you just have to fill out the form.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 AM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cobb or fellow members,

Do you have a tuners list?

Also, I assume a dyno tune will elicit more power and better efficiency than the stage 2 tune?

Is the Race Beta required in addition to the access port or will the Tuner have that software already?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 AM
COBB Tuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

We do have a complete list of tuners and dealers on our website: http://www.cobbtuning.com/dealers/

If you go to a Nissan Protuner, they will have the professional version of AccessTUNER (AccessTUNER Pro). However, you can use AccessTUNER Race to tune your car or an experienced tuner can use your copy of AccessTUNER Race to tune your car.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old 03-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Shadrackc

I have an 07 350Z MT and am thinking of picking one of these up. My exhaust is Fast Intentions Intimidator true dual exhaust, Stillen Dual intakes. Since it is the HR motor, there is no spacer as it has the dual intake.
Would my setup qualify for the stage II+ map?
Does the Cobb remove the electronic speed limit?
Thanks.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:53 AM
tuner27

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
The Pro tuner race software runs on a laptop. You are plugged into the dongle from your accessport. I've got the instruction sheet if you're interested in reading through it.

Could you send me that instruction sheet too?

email- vwaters27@yahoo.com thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
0jiggy0

with stock cats I'd say ud be closer to stage 2. U could always try both and datalog
Old 03-08-2010, 12:12 PM
0jiggy0

The instruction manual is on cobbs site. No need to wait for an email.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:52 AM
COBB Tuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
I have an 07 350Z MT and am thinking of picking one of these up. My exhaust is Fast Intentions Intimidator true dual exhaust, Stillen Dual intakes. Since it is the HR motor, there is no spacer as it has the dual intake.
Would my setup qualify for the stage II+ map?
Does the Cobb remove the electronic speed limit?
Thanks.
You will want to start with the Stage 2 map. If you have intakes you can try the stage 2+ map, but you will want to log it to make sure you are seeing proper fueling etc. We strongly recommend a custom tune with any intake upgrade. These maps are not meant to be a catch-all for whatever intakes you happen to have. The speed limiter is increased to 500kph.

All of our documentation for the AccessPORT can be found here: http://accessecu.com/support/docs/ma...0Z_G35_G37.pdf

You can also see our complete product line and find tuning software and other information here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/categories/?id=3072

Travis
COBB Tuning

Last edited by COBB Tuning; 03-15-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:20 PM
dyna962007

Hi Tim,
I have a question. Can you tell me for sure that your unit will address the following on an 08 model 350Z M/T. There seemed to be some question about this in some areas.
here are the features in question:

Features:

WOT (Wide Open Throttle):
Rev Limiter:
Speed Limiter:
Diagnostic Trouble Codes: .
Adjust Engine Idle:

Also, my car has the following mods:
Fast Intentions Intimidator true dual exhaust with NO cats, Test pipes only.
Stock intakes but with JWT dual cold air intakes.

Im guessing the 2+ map in this case, yes??
thanks, Mike

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
HI Guys,
This is Tim Bailey of COBB. I understand you are tuning a forced induction 350z. What kind of issues can i help you resolve using our software? I assume the injectors are larger and you are using a fuel pump. Please fill me in on where you're at with the tune. Also, what kind of intake are you using. Its important for you not to saturate the MAF sensor with a forced induction application. If the MAF sensor is saturated you'll need to source a different (larger) maf housing.

Generically speaking, Osiris and accesstuner have exactly the same tuning capabilities. Both products allow changes in the stock ECU calibrations. Its the same ECU, same tables, same logic, etc.

Regards
Tim
Old 03-18-2010, 05:08 AM
dyna962007

hello Cobb? Anyone??

Originally Posted by dyna962007
Hi Tim,
I have a question. Can you tell me for sure that your unit will address the following on an 08 model 350Z M/T. There seemed to be some question about this in some areas.
here are the features in question:

Features:

WOT (Wide Open Throttle):
Rev Limiter:
Speed Limiter:
Diagnostic Trouble Codes: .
Adjust Engine Idle:

Also, my car has the following mods:
Fast Intentions Intimidator true dual exhaust with NO cats, Test pipes only.
Stock intakes but with JWT dual cold air intakes.

Im guessing the 2+ map in this case, yes??
thanks, Mike
Old 03-18-2010, 05:11 AM
dyna962007

Default Question for COBB or anyone with knowledge

Is there a dowside to not being able to adjust timing on an 08 HR motor through the regular COBB unit?
I guess in my limited knowledge of not having one yet, if it were part of the AP unit, it would be fast and simple but since its part of the software option, it requires a laptop and a bit more work, is this your assessment?
Also, do you happen to know if the Cobb unit has the abilty to clear codes?
I know it has the abilty to identify codes and that is good but can it clear them or is that a stupid question?
I have just developed an engine code only after 100 miles with the new Fast intentions exhaust. I am running test pipes with non foulers. I have not checked yet but I have to imagine it has to do with the exhaust. Tony at FE assured me with the non foulers, it would not throw a code.
Mike

Quick Reply: Cobb acc port