Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Cobb acc port

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"dyna962007" I have had an '06 with test pipes and non fowlers and it worked fine and now I have an '08 with AAM test pipes (which have a j-tube, just a bent tube off test pipe to act like non-fowlers and it works great!!! 1500miles and no light) try to clear it and see what happens again....

"COBB TUNING" I am also interested for the answers in post #38 of this thread.... I am in a toss up between this and up-rev.

-Thanks! John
Old 03-18-2010, 11:21 AM
dyna962007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hum, that is pretty interesting. I just don't understand it because Tony from Fast Intentions assured me that on the 08 model, there would be no issue with this with their non fouler set up.
The NF's as far as I can see, look just like the tubes you spoke of.
I can clear the codes, presumably by disconnecting the battery and see what happens but I am not hopeful.
I am very very curious though why the COBB people have not responded to this post. They were very active in the thread earlier and now now response.
I really need answers to my post # 38 just like you need them.
And Im trying to be sure the COBB unit will solve the issue with eliminating my CO2 code once and for all which I am told it can do.
mike

Originally Posted by Blck350z
"dyna962007" I have had an '06 with test pipes and non fowlers and it worked fine and now I have an '08 with AAM test pipes (which have a j-tube, just a bent tube off test pipe to act like non-fowlers and it works great!!! 1500miles and no light) try to clear it and see what happens again....

"COBB TUNING" I am also interested for the answers in post #38 of this thread.... I am in a toss up between this and up-rev.

-Thanks! John
Old 03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
COBB Tuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dyna962007
Hi Tim,
I have a question. Can you tell me for sure that your unit will address the following on an 08 model 350Z M/T. There seemed to be some question about this in some areas.
here are the features in question:

Features:

WOT (Wide Open Throttle):
Rev Limiter:
Speed Limiter:
Diagnostic Trouble Codes: .
Adjust Engine Idle:

Also, my car has the following mods:
Fast Intentions Intimidator true dual exhaust with NO cats, Test pipes only.
Stock intakes but with JWT dual cold air intakes.

Im guessing the 2+ map in this case, yes??
thanks, Mike
We can adjust all of parameters listed above, but you have to use AccessTUNER Race to do this. We do not have real-time adjustments enabled in the AccessPORT yet. So you can adjust all those parameters in ATR and then flash that custom map to your car. You can download that here: http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=4431

We have calibrations for the 350z that includes intakes, but they need to be fine-tuned. The generic intake maps are not meant to be a catch all for every intake system currently available. We recommend custom tuning. You can see a complete list of maps here: http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/.../Z_Series.html

As far as trouble codes, you can read and clear all codes with the AccessPORT.

Our product information page has a full list of features and abilities, keep in mind that the AccessPORT itself does not alter tables and maps, that is the job of AccessTUNER!

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old 03-18-2010, 12:42 PM
niZam

The AP does not support real-time tuning, got it.

Does APR (the software) support real time tuning? If I have APR on my lap top and plug it into the car am I able to tune in real-time?

This needs cleared up on the forums as it is still confusing.

Thanks again Travis.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
COBB Tuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

There is no real time tuning capability with the AccessPORT or AccessTUNER Race at this time. AccessTUNER Race (ATR) only allows you to make map changes and then you have to flash the new map on.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old 06-11-2010, 07:28 AM
GBoger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so from reading through this thread it looks like the cobb AP using accesstuner race gives you as much tuning capability as Osiris right? I noticed when it first came out alot of people were saying you couldn't see significant improvements while N/A but it looks like those sentiments have gone away over time. Is this correct? I'm coming from a turbo'd Z that was tuned using a UTEC and plan to do very minimal modding to my G sedan (maybe 1/2" spacer, and KN Filter, MAYBE HFC's). I understand the basics of tuning and want to try my hand at it with the COBB if it's going to net some decent gains (also interested in MPG). What do you guys think?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:27 PM
dyna962007

The Cobb unit should work fine for what your doing buddy.
They tuning capabilities of the CObb vs the Osiris are comparable.
The main difference is the lack of Real Time Tuning on the part of the Cobb.
But also several hundred dollars less to buy. mike

Originally Posted by GBoger
so from reading through this thread it looks like the cobb AP using accesstuner race gives you as much tuning capability as Osiris right? I noticed when it first came out alot of people were saying you couldn't see significant improvements while N/A but it looks like those sentiments have gone away over time. Is this correct? I'm coming from a turbo'd Z that was tuned using a UTEC and plan to do very minimal modding to my G sedan (maybe 1/2" spacer, and KN Filter, MAYBE HFC's). I understand the basics of tuning and want to try my hand at it with the COBB if it's going to net some decent gains (also interested in MPG). What do you guys think?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Shadrackc

Now if I have a map right now that is custom due to my car being tuned by a nissan shop after intakes, exhaust, etc, can I make sure to save that map before applying one of the COBB ones?
Old 06-18-2010, 06:45 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes. When you first install the AP it asks you if you want to load your current tune into the AP in case you ever want to revert back to it.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 AM
COBB Tuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

If your car is tuned with another type of engine management and you flash over the AccessPORT, you may lose that flash. How is your car tuned now? What engine managment are you using?

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
If your car is tuned with another type of engine management and you flash over the AccessPORT, you may lose that flash. How is your car tuned now? What engine managment are you using?

Travis
COBB Tuning
Then what is the purpose of the AP asking to save your current tune?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Shadrackc

Not using any. Nissan dealership in Hamilton changed the exhaust, intakes, and I was told they tweaked the map. It works great right now but if it was modified (they had access to a dyno) I would like to keep it.