Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris - lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 04:29 PM
kidrobot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Osiris - lots of questions

I recently received a dyno tune using Osiris after installing a few bolt-ons. As many have experienced, my CEL/SES light has come on due to the test pipes.

Will the engine 'adjust' or 'learn' over time either from driving habbits or the SES light and throw off my tune?

I have since ordered the Cipher cable, as I understand I can check/clear trouble codes and purge learned fuel settings.

Basically I want to keep my car as close to the settings on the day when I received the tune.

Is this wise? or is it better to let the engine/ECU learn and adjust?

Also, I remember being told that reflash is permanent, meaning even if my battery dies it will not revert back to stock, is this correct? / Under what circumstances would it revert back to stock so that I may avoid it (ie. UpRev website states that a software update will overwrite Osiris)

Thanks again.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:11 PM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does your test pipes have the "CEL fix"? its a cheap fix which basically move the 02 sensors further away from the exhaust flow in the test pipes. You can pick up 4 of those at Autozone for under $10.

Check out this guide http://tinyurl.com/y8m4gzf

before doing the mod, disconnect your battery. Good luck!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:58 PM
kidrobot

They are the GTM resonated TP's, which already has the bung extension, but it still came on. I'm not really worried about it, as I said I believe the Cipher cable will allow me to make sure the SES is only the O2 sensors, and clear it.

What I am not sure of though is whether driving around with the SES light will cause my engine to adjust itself, and mess with the tune.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:11 PM
importdemon5

You can clear those codes with the cipher cable but they will come back up again. They don't get rid of the codes forever, just momentarily. I have a buddy that has this tune and that's what he said.

I have the AAM ecu flash and I plan on switching to Osiris. But my ses light has been on since a month after I got the flash a year ago and hasn't caused any problems yet.

Wish I could shed light for the osiris though
Old 11-07-2009, 05:04 AM
kidrobot

Ya I understand they will come back, I will simply monitor them to make sure nothing is really wrong.

I still would like any help on the original questions though, anyone?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:10 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

with osiris you can disable specific DTC codes.

Talk to your tuner. If he flashed it the first time he should be able to do it for you or you can buy Osiris and adjust it since you'll have the cipher cable.

wait, i think with the cipher cable you can get one of those "eTunes" and just have them disable that trouble code. They are like 50$ for that.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:34 AM
ford_jj

Default hi

Originally Posted by binder

Talk to your tuner. If he flashed it the first time he should be able to do it for you or you can buy Osiris and adjust it since you'll have the cipher cable.

wait, i think with the cipher cable you can get one of those "eTunes" and just have them disable that trouble code. They are like 50$ for that.
You are right,thanks for you opinion.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:44 AM
binder

Originally Posted by ford_jj
You are right,thanks for you opinion.
sweet, i like helping. I just purchased osiris tuner so i'm just now learning about it. It's going to take me a wihle to get used to it after doing all my tuning with innovate LM-2 and the ss box. It's very different.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:08 AM
SniperHunter

Can we make this thread a general thread about all Osiris questions? Because I was wondering if Osiris ROMs/eTunes were shareable? And also, how do you use Cipher to create a proper log for UpRev to look at? Do you have to redline the car in a gear so it gets a reading of the entire powerband?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:20 AM
kidrobot

Originally Posted by binder

I think we are getting confused here. From my understanding:

Both the Osiris and Cipher SOFTWARE are available for free download on their website.

Cipher is simply a OBDII scanner/data logging software with minor functionality. When you buy this, you're really only buying the cable. With this, I can scan/clear trouble codes and purge learned settings, etc. This does NOT have anything to do with the tuning aspect.

Osiris is the tuning program. When you buy this, you're really only buying the serial number which is transferred to your ECU and only your ECU. You can tune your car 2 ways with Osiris.

1-Use Cipher and create a data log, email that in, and receive an 'e-tunes' map to flash the ECU yourself.

2-Strap the car on a dyno and do it the regular way (which I've been told may lead to a slightly more 'personal' tune for your specific car)

Again my concern is not to clear trouble codes. I'm looking to understand what happens after you get a tune and if there is any maintenance you can/should/should not do to using Cipher to keep the car as similar to the day I got the tune.

Last edited by kidrobot; 11-07-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:22 AM
binder

ya, i guess i didn't make that clear that you have to have osiris along with the cipher cable. I was just thinking through my head about the physical connection of the cipher to the computer allowing a flash.