Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

03-05 Bolt On Base Line dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:02 PM
SLIdEwAyZ25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03-05 Bolt On Base Line dyno numbers

Title says it all I'm just wondering what kind of baseline dyno numbers you all have made with just basic bolt ons like (intake, plenum, cats, catback) in your 03-05?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:14 PM
hellsoldiers08

dude you need to do a search. ill be nice to ya sense i feel nice and kinda buzzed. A HR can get 320 bye A.H auto. i think a DE can get close to 300 but close depending on the dyno. Next time please search and when you go to my350z.com on the left side can help you learn a lot from what i found anyways good luck finding your answer!!
Old 12-31-2009, 12:47 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is 2006 (non-rev) dyno'ed 210whp on a DynoJet without any bolt-ons.. so, with all the bolt-ons, i'd expect it to hit 230-240 max!
Old 12-31-2009, 04:35 AM
GT-Z

06 (non rev-up)!?!?!??
Old 12-31-2009, 05:38 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

^yup... 2006 5AT are non-rev, unfortunately..
Old 12-31-2009, 06:48 AM
GT-Z

Didnt know that.. Wow learned sum new lol
Old 12-31-2009, 08:36 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Baseline generally means stock or before mods.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 AM
matth76

The wheel horsepower you see will vary widely to what dyno you use. My car is stock and I went on a dynojet and made just under 215 whp but soon after made 230-240 whp on a mustang dyno - very different results but quite common! The most accurate dynoes to use are dynapacks apparently because they measure the power directly at the hubs and are very consistent. Bolt ons can be hit and miss as to what power you make. The y pipe and cats are the parts most tuners recommend changing and to follow it up with an ecu tune like an Uprev flash because the stock ecu is very restrictive. Most you may see is 10 to 15 extra whp but you need the right combination of mods to work together to get the most power. If you do start tuning try to stick to one dyno. Good luck with it!

Last edited by matth76; 12-31-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:02 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by matth76
The wheel horsepower you see will vary widely to what dyno you use. My car is stock and I went on a dynojet and made just under 215 whp but soon after made 230-240 whp on a mustang dyno - very different results but quite common! The most accurate dynoes to use are dynapacks apparently because they measure the power directly at the hubs and are very consistent. Bolt ons can be hit and miss as to what power you make. The y pipe and cats are the parts most tuners recommend changing and to follow it up with an ecu tune like an Uprev flash because the stock ecu is very restrictive. Most you may see is 10 to 15 extra whp but you need the right combination of mods to work together to get the most power. If you do start tuning try to stick to one dyno. Good luck with it!
+1 couldnt have sed it better..
Old 12-31-2009, 10:51 AM
SLIdEwAyZ25

Originally Posted by davidv
Baseline generally means stock or before mods.
Originally Posted by hellsoldiers08
dude you need to do a search. ill be nice to ya sense i feel nice and kinda buzzed. A HR can get 320 bye A.H auto. i think a DE can get close to 300 but close depending on the dyno. Next time please search and when you go to my350z.com on the left side can help you learn a lot from what i found anyways good luck finding your answer!!
ok well normally once people get a dyno they have to start from some were. i am sure there are some tunners who can already build a map from their expereince but most people install all the bolt ons they want to get for long enough to spend money on a tune. then put it on the dyno withought messing with the AFR or adding timming and do a run or 2. that is what kind of baseline i am talking about.

and half the dyno numbers on the search are outdated since they still design new parts for the DE all the time and i happen to have some of those new parts. and i believe the plenum spacers are outdated and peice of junk.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:13 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I hesitate to answer, but.............

1st. Stock w/pop charger = 242whp dynojet
2nd. Pop charger,MD 5/16, test pipes, turboxs y pipe and exhaust, and UR crank pulley tuned w/ Osiris = 268whp dynojet 247whp (uncorrected) on a dyno dynamics
3rd. Above +3" z1 maf set-up, samco intake tube, and retune = 282.5whp on dynojet and 262.2whp (uncorrected dyno dynamics).

All on same dynojet and dyno dynamics.......weather conditions were pretty damn similar. Dynojet was SAE.

A.H's HR will NOT make 320whp on a dynojet........bottom line. Most of the bolt-on HR's are in the 290-305whp area (w/tune). 300whp will NOT happen on stock non rev-up DE cams. Maybe on the Church dynapack in So Cal, but that thing is beyond ridiculous.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SLIdEwAyZ25
ok well normally once people get a dyno they have to start from some were. i am sure there are some tunners who can already build a map from their expereince but most people install all the bolt ons they want to get for long enough to spend money on a tune. then put it on the dyno withought messing with the AFR or adding timming and do a run or 2. that is what kind of baseline i am talking about.

and half the dyno numbers on the search are outdated since they still design new parts for the DE all the time and i happen to have some of those new parts. and i believe the plenum spacers are outdated and peice of junk.
huh?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:19 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

I think we need a dedicated grammar mod. This new "text message generation" deal hurts my head. Please, for the love of god, use basic grammar and punctuation.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
I think we need a dedicated grammar mod. This new "text message generation" deal hurts my head. Please, for the love of god, use basic grammar and punctuation.
lololol - on this site, that would most definitely need to be a paid position. Imagine the hours!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:24 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Might need a team of 5 actually......lol.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:18 PM
SLIdEwAyZ25

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
huh?
ok so you have your car with all your bolt ons installed you drive to the place your going to get your car dynod. they put it on the dyno. they do a pull before actually going in the ecu and tunning the car. this is what i call a baseline. those are the numbers i wanted to know.

not that hard to understand.

and i don't care about HR's because i don't have one.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

those numbers, types of posts, etc have been posted on this site for a long time

my "huh" referred to

and half the dyno numbers on the search are outdated since they still design new parts for the DE all the time and i happen to have some of those new parts. and i believe the plenum spacers are outdated and peice of junk
The same bolt on parts people have been using for the last 4/5 years are being used today on DE's by first time modders. Very, very few 'new' parts have been introduced in the last ~2 years because the engine is no longer the hot item of the day, and resourced in general for such R&D are scarce (as are customers) in today's economy. Certainly no new parts are being designed "all the time". No revolutionary bolt on parts have come out aside from the software side of things (which is essential towards making any bolt on hard parts work to their maximum efficiency on a DE) because there is nothing really revolutionary to be discovered by doing bolt ons. The same bolt ons you do today are going to net you the same power they would have several years ago.

My suggestion is to take the time to read through some of the very detailed build threads and figure out for yourself your 1. budget 2. goals 3. tolerance for experimentation - in that order. There is alot of info for you to digest, but it can done in essentially an afternoon of reading on this site. It is well worth the time investment IMHO

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 01-01-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:39 AM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
you have my vote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 PM
SLIdEwAyZ25

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
those numbers, types of posts, etc have been posted on this site for a long time

my "huh" referred to

The same bolt on parts people have been using for the last 4/5 years are being used today on DE's by first time modders. Very, very few 'new' parts have been introduced in the last ~2 years because the engine is no longer the hot item of the day, and resourced in general for such R&D are scarce (as are customers) in today's economy. Certainly no new parts are being designed "all the time". No revolutionary bolt on parts have come out aside from the software side of things (which is essential towards making any bolt on hard parts work to their maximum efficiency on a DE) because there is nothing really revolutionary to be discovered by doing bolt ons. The same bolt ons you do today are going to net you the same power they would have several years ago.

My suggestion is to take the time to read through some of the very detailed build threads and figure out for yourself your 1. budget 2. goals 3. tolerance for experimentation - in that order. There is alot of info for you to digest, but it can done in essentially an afternoon of reading on this site. It is well worth the time investment IMHO
The new kinetix velocity plenum just came out less then 5 months ago. (I have it) Berk's matalic cats have been redesigned (i have those) and i believe that these two parts alone would dyno almost 20 more hp then a plenum spacer and test pipes.
(yes i know with the cats you don't gain as much peak power as test pipes but the added tourqe with the HFC's would make up for this on a track)
Old 01-01-2010, 01:17 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ok so you have your car with all your bolt ons installed you drive to the place your going to get your car dynod. they put it on the dyno. they do a pull before actually going in the ecu and tunning the car. this is what i call a baseline. those are the numbers i wanted to know.

not that hard to understand.

and i don't care about HR's because i don't have one.
Its cool. Your "baseline" can be whatever you want it to be.

Quick Reply: 03-05 Bolt On Base Line dyno numbers