Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Can't get Zed working with E-manage Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:07 PM
kam80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get Zed working with E-manage Ultimate

Hi all, my tuner and I are having some issues with E-manage Ultimate, was hoping to be able to get some answers here as pretty much every other avenue has come up empty. My car won't start with E-manage Ultimate (using Greddy N13 plug-in harness). Have updated all the firmware to the latest version. It seems to be stuck in "anti-foul" mode as the active light is blinking green and I think the reason for this is that TPS voltage is reading 5.07V regardless of pedal position. The car is a rev-up motor 350Z with a few mild mods, getting ready for super-charging. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Kam-

I have a GReddy E-Manage Ultimate on my turbocharged Z. I am not a mechanic or mechanically inclined so I let others do the work for me (I just come-up with the ideas/theories and pay for pro's to execute it).

With that being said, I personally can't offer any advice but I suggest you give GT Motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga, California a call. They are probably the best shop in the nation that can do anything from manufacturing engine enternals to detailed tuning and electrical work.

If you can, speak with Sam. He is the lead guy there and is a guru when it comes to tuning and electronic issues. They are certified tuners for various EMS's suchs as our E-manages, U-Tec, HKS F-Con's, Vortech boxes and so on. The defintiely should be able to help you.

Go ahead and try writing/calling them and of course be wary of the time differences

On last note, my car had no problems at all, increased performance and got rid of the nasty detonation. When I got the car back from GT Motorsports where they installed, prorammed and tuned everything, the car ran as smooth as the day I got it delivered to my house.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:47 PM
kam80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick note on this, managed to solve the problem which was that the supplied Greddy Harness (N-13) was tapping the wrong wire for TPS. Once the tap was rerouted to the correct wire everything works fine...not sure if this is a design fault or someone on the assembly line was half asleep when assembling this particular harness