Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Tuning Throttle tables on ECU question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
cnapi001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Throttle tables on ECU question

I was wondering if anyone had any experience tuning the throttle tables on the OEM ECU. I'm using a Cobb AP and AccessRace software, but the tables would be the same on any device you're using to reflash.

I see five throttle tables, and I don't understand when the ECU is using which table. I understand that with drive-by-wire, there are two throttle position sensors, one to back up the other so the ECU can error check to make sure the throttle position makes sense with the throttle pedal position and the primary sensor.

So I'm guessing two of the tables correspond to one of the sensors, and two others correspond to the second sensor. Whats the fifth table?

Also, from what I understand, the two sensors operate on slightly different ranges, hence why the tables are slightly different, and that they need to remain slightly different to prevent your ECU from thinking theres a problem and going in to limp mode.

I know editing throttle tables has nothing to do with power, and may adversely effect driveability, but I want to know how everything works, and also would like the throttle to be a little more linear.

So my questions are, what do each of the 5 tables correspond to, and how do you adjust the tables so that it doesn't upset the ECU. I've tried several different things, and so far, the car has responded by going into limp as soon as I hit the gas past 2000 RPM. After I flash back to the stock throttle table values, the car works fine.

Oh, and I'm driving a 2003 350z AT touring

Last edited by cnapi001; 07-14-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure... with Uprev it's pretty simple...the software includes a 'uprev tuned' map you can load automatically if you want, or edit 2 tables manually. I never bothered to edit it manually since the uprev map does what I wanted (allows full-open throttle body and faster response).