Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

How can I fix my lean warm up cycle w/ osiris??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 06:19 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djamps

UPDATE: I confirmed with DW that the latencies are the same for the 440's and 600's... so perhaps you could try putting your latencies back to stock and adjusting your K to compensate?

Care to share that info? I've been working out a few bugs myself with hot starts and idling.

Here is mine. I am running DW 600CC and a Hpx PMAS. All Values are in Decimal format.

Latencies:

KFuel:

Op as for you startup AFR's on starting:

I have had to adjust these values for both my starting and idling issue. I have been taking with Jared, and he has given me some good pointers. I have also adjusted my starting enrichment table. This is a Extra Percentage of fuel that is added during the starting cycle based on Engine/Coolant Temp.

I hope this helps you out some OP.

Starting Enrichment:

I really wish we had a place on here where we could share ROM file info. Please remember to never use a ROM file that is not for your ECM. It will Brick it. I have seen a member on here do that. The ROMs are unique for the ECM model.
Attached Thumbnails How can I fix my lean warm up cycle w/ osiris??-latencies.gif   How can I fix my lean warm up cycle w/ osiris??-kfuel.gif   How can I fix my lean warm up cycle w/ osiris??-cranking.gif   How can I fix my lean warm up cycle w/ osiris??-fuel_compensation.gif  

Last edited by cdoxp800; 08-07-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your K Fuel is huge! Under no circumstances should the maf comp table be pulling over 50% fuel.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:42 AM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
Your K Fuel is huge! Under no circumstances should the maf comp table be pulling over 50% fuel.
Thanks Chris. On my base Rom file before the PMAS was added the Fuel multiplier was 17984 and the load point scaler was 19.44ms.

Like I said It has issues. Been looking to take a trip out to UpRev.

Last edited by cdoxp800; 08-07-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Thanks Chris. On my base Rom file before the PMAS was added the Fuel multiplier was 17984 and the load point scaler was 19.44ms.

Like I said It has issues. Been looking to take a trip out to UpRev.
That's a long way to drive for a tune, are there no local Uprev tuners? Good luck getting it resolved.

Last edited by Chris@FsP; 08-07-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:10 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If there was a way to play with the MAF without saving your ROM and reflashing every time then it's much easier to get a stock looking fuel comp table.

Seems like once you scale your injectors, everything even stuff you can't control or even deal with at the time, like cold start map, gets all jacked up.

I was soooooo pissed after I spent a whole day and thought I had everything perfect, and the next morning it started up all misfiring and lean.

There is a very fine balancing act and interrelation between parameters you can control and those you can't...so my final solution was to start over and change as little as possible. It seemed to have worked...

Now that the weather has cooled off I'm seeing other variations that are obviously to do with the IAT's... and I'm starting to get a little pissed again since we have no control over any useful compensation whatsoever.

Looks like I'm going to have to use the extra map slots for summer/winter/fall maps :-/

Last edited by djamps; 08-07-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:30 AM
cdoxp800

That's a long way to drive for a tune, are there no local Uprev tuners? Good luck getting it resolved.
No really local, but about 4+ hours away. I have take it to both of them. an what you looking at it my last tune. I can sen you the Rom if you would like to see more.
I am really getting a good understanding now. Man my car is messed up. LOL. I am almost ready to go back to stock.

Last edited by cdoxp800; 08-07-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:56 PM
GT-ER

I've been playing with my tune for the past 2 days with no luck. Idle and part throttle are flawless. WOT is flawless. Startup is flawless. It's in the warmup ( open loop ) that the problem exists. I'm just letting it idle for about 30 seconds and and then go along my way.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:05 AM
djamps

Originally Posted by GT-ER
I've been playing with my tune for the past 2 days with no luck. Idle and part throttle are flawless. WOT is flawless. Startup is flawless. It's in the warmup ( open loop ) that the problem exists. I'm just letting it idle for about 30 seconds and and then go along my way.
I would be curious if you could add some K then subtract the same from whole fuel table. This could allow you to 'increase' the startup compensations...assuming it has it's own table and is affected by K.

I am having issues with overcompensation during boost in cooler weather and might try the same...
Old 08-08-2010, 06:55 AM
GT-ER

I would be curious if you could add some K then subtract the same from whole fuel table. This could allow you to 'increase' the startup compensations...assuming it has it's own table and is affected by K.

I am having issues with overcompensation during boost in cooler weather and might try the same...
I tried that with the fuel comp table with no luck. The big issue is the lack of a warm up table.

I'm tired of messing with it though, I'll try again some other day.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:33 PM
djamps

Originally Posted by GT-ER
I tried that with the fuel comp table with no luck. The big issue is the lack of a warm up table.

I'm tired of messing with it though, I'll try again some other day.
Right, but did you mess with K at all? I think K is the only hope of affecting the warm up.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:39 PM
GT-ER

Right, but did you mess with K at all? I think K is the only hope of affecting the warm up.
Yeah, I messed with K and my fuel comp tables but it stayed the same.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 AM
djamps

That sucks man. I really think that once you scale your injectors is when all hell breaks loose if not while tuning, something will pop up later e.g. cold starts. My only issue now is overcompensation in colder weather (getting rich). Tell me where I can adjust that??? :P
Old 08-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Brett@AwesomeZ
Vendor - Former Vendor

Really sucks there are no temp. based corrections, coolant or IAT. I guess they expect you to have several maps for summer/winter?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ the comps are there...we just dont have access to it....honestly once you get the K fuel multiplier and the MAF values good and the cold start values good...you should have no issue with warm up. Typically once i get them all good i can watch airfuels at start up...and they slowly start to raise to 14.7 and right around them hitting 14.7 it drops into closed loop and my fuel comps bounce between 95-105....

when using PMAS MAF and 600cc injectors it is not uncommon to have your K fuel multiplier up around 40,000...

Last edited by Vince@R/TTuning; 08-09-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:25 PM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
^^^ the comps are there...we just dont have access to it....honestly once you get the K fuel multiplier and the MAF values good and the cold start values good...you should have no issue with warm up. Typically once i get them all good i can watch airfuels at start up...and they slowly start to raise to 14.7 and right around them hitting 14.7 it drops into closed loop and my fuel comps bounce between 95-105....

when using PMAS MAF and 600cc injectors it is not uncommon to have your K fuel multiplier up around 40,000...
What are you setting these values for with use of DW 600cc?
Injector Latency Adder
Injector Latency Scaler
Injector Min Effective Pw
K fuel multiplier

On a cold start up I am a good solid 14.7, but once the engine is good ans hot it's all over the place.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:24 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Injector Latency Adder
Injector Latency Scaler
K fuel multiplier

On a cold start up I am a good solid 14.7, but once the engine is good ans hot it's all over the place.
I've been kind of getting the same thing. At first start-up it will idle at ~14.7. But then once it warms up and possibly some heat soak sets in, my AFR goes lean--like to ~18.0. Then my idle surges and the AFR goes up and down.

My tuner noticed this and has some ideas on how to resolve it. I'm hoping for the best; I'm confident in his abilities.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:13 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Injector Latency Adder
Injector Latency Scaler
K fuel multiplier

These are off the top of my head cause i dont have my lap top....but...

ILA-63
ILS-123
IME-1.5
KFuel-42000

Make sure you set all your values in ur fuel comp tables to 100 first... and the concentrate on tuning ur air fuels and partial throttle off your MAF table...

That is also with the MAF values that i have found work best with the vortech set ups...

send me you rom and i will look at it for ya and see if i can get ya a llil closer...

Last edited by Vince@R/TTuning; 08-10-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
djamps

I'm doing a test... previous to this I have no issues with cold/warm starts but I'm using stock injector latencies / min pulse width.

So I just rescaled my injectors to the 440cc-600cc values and min latencies provided by DW and adjusted K and trims to compensate. I also tweaked the MAF a little in the 1V area. It's starting, idling and driving fine while warm. It actually runs smoother now at idle and decel.

let's see how it does tonight after the engine cools down and ambient temps drop.

Any guesses on the startup: lean? rich? fail? LOL

Last edited by djamps; 08-11-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:19 PM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
These are off the top of my head cause i dont have my lap top....but...

ILA-63
ILS-123
IME-1.5
KFuel-42000

Make sure you set all your values in ur fuel comp tables to 100 first... and the concentrate on tuning ur air fuels and partial throttle off your MAF table...

That is also with the MAF values that i have found work best with the vortech set ups...

send me you rom and i will look at it for ya and see if i can get ya a llil closer...
Thanks Vince. I just sent you a PM
Old 08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
cdoxp800

I'm doing a test... previous to this I have no issues with cold/warm starts but I'm using stock injector latencies / min pulse width.

So I just rescaled my injectors to the 440cc-600cc values and min latencies provided by DW and adjusted K and trims to compensate. I also tweaked the MAF a little in the 1V area. It's starting, idling and driving fine while warm. It actually runs smoother now at idle and decel.

let's see how it does tonight after the engine cools down and ambient temps drop.

Any guesses on the startup: lean? rich? fail? LOL
Good to here. Can not wait for your results.

Quick Reply: How can I fix my lean warm up cycle w/ osiris??