350Z_Al

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

http://turboxs.com/instructions_page...e=instructions
Old 11-30-2010, 11:13 AM
athenG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beniscooler850
I was checking if anyone knows what the temp compensations are for the utec
It's used when tuning with Speed Density. It's not used with NA and MAF pulldown since the MAF already has the temp in the equation. With Speed Density, you only tune with pressure so you need to tune the temp compensation to compinsate for the changing temp.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:21 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the temp compensation in the utec is very broad and not very effective. It does work, but it is not precise. firstly, you need to know the air intake temperature range when your car was tuned. that range will reuire no adjustment in the temp compensation tables. add fuel for the colder ranges, decrease fuel in the warmer ranges. How much is something you need to determine from your own testing and datalogging.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:10 AM
mgrotel

what about elevation changes in the utec?

after logging a base map, ive pulled some fuel to get the a/f ratios where i want them, then added a little timing for a mild na tune. it made a noticable difference at the elevation i took the base map at (4500ish ft). however, when i went down to about 500-1000ft on that tuned map, the car was acting all weird. the power curve was very spotty and not smooth at all. the tune did not adjust at all, because i was at that elevation for several days. so, i switched back to the stock map, and it was much, much faster. is there anyway to get the tuned map to adjust for elevation changes? im using the maf.

thanks
Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM
athenG

You're NA and I assume you are using MAF pulldown. In this case it's all the ECU.. utec only subtract/Add from the ECU MAF values..
Old 12-18-2010, 10:21 AM
mgrotel

so there is no way to make the tuned map drive like the stock map at a lower elevation?
thanks
Old 12-27-2010, 08:56 PM
mgrotel

Bump
Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 PM
athenG

???? flip the switch to 0 and that will give you stock settings. Why not just retune you car at the lower altitude and save that map. Utec can hold 5 map. When using MAF pulldown, Utec is basically subtracting/adding from the ECU value.

Maybe you have tuned your car a little to aggressive, it may not detonated at that time because the condition when you did the tune was perfrect. And when the altitude changed the ECU saw that your timing and A/F to be so aggressive that your car is knocking and it basically switch to it's high detonation map. You may also have gotten a bad set of gas and with an aggressive tune you started detonating so the ECU fail over to it's conservative map. I suggest you retune your car. Have you tried reseting the ECU?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:10 AM
mgrotel

i rarely go down that far in elevation. the reason i want it to auto correct is because i go up into canyons pretty often and i want it to correct for that. i dont want to be switching maps for every little change in elevation. plus my other maps have timing pulled for nitrous.

i reset my ecu pretty often, it was the elevation that screwed it up. anyway, i will prob just get a professional tune and be done with it. i just hate having the utec locked and not being able to mess with it anymore.

thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 12:09 PM
athenG

/\ depend on the tuner, not all tuner lock their tune. You can ask him no to especially if you already did most of the tuning and all he has to do is tweak it for max power. Talk to your tuner and if he think you are knowledgably enough, he may not lock it. As far as altitude, as long as your are using MAF pulldown, the ECU should already compensate for this. Post your Utec parameters because you may have set it wrong...
Old 01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mgrotel
i rarely go down that far in elevation. the reason i want it to auto correct is because i go up into canyons pretty often and i want it to correct for that. i dont want to be switching maps for every little change in elevation. plus my other maps have timing pulled for nitrous.

i reset my ecu pretty often, it was the elevation that screwed it up. anyway, i will prob just get a professional tune and be done with it. i just hate having the utec locked and not being able to mess with it anymore.

thanks
how high are these canyons?

why are you resetting the ecu often, even at all? A utec would only be locked by the tuner, it's open otherwise as mentioned...anyone can alter the maps
Old 01-03-2011, 05:28 PM
athenG

/\ some tuner lock their tune. Most dont though.. I know the tuner down in VA lock his Utec tuned map.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:10 PM
mgrotel

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
how high are these canyons?

why are you resetting the ecu often, even at all? A utec would only be locked by the tuner, it's open otherwise as mentioned...anyone can alter the maps
The valley I live in is about 4500ft, some canyons will see 6500ft+

I reset whenever I make a change, plen spacer, hfc, HR ypipe, stillen ztube (I have a g35), etc. Plus I do it every so often because it seems to give it some extra pep if I haven't done it in a while. Nothing major and it might just be in my head but I could swear it does something.

And I realize its only locked if the professional tuner locks it, otherwise I wouldn't be able to make changes myself
Old 01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
mgrotel

Originally Posted by athenG
/\ depend on the tuner, not all tuner lock their tune. You can ask him no to especially if you already did most of the tuning and all he has to do is tweak it for max power. Talk to your tuner and if he think you are knowledgably enough, he may not lock it. As far as altitude, as long as your are using MAF pulldown, the ECU should already compensate for this. Post your Utec parameters because you may have set it wrong...
Yea, I figured it would adjust but I experienced something similar in one of my other tuned vehicles as well. The tuner for it said the ecu would adapt, but going through elevation changes quickly proved that theory wrong.

Either way, I'll post my parameters when I get home this weekend. I am out of town this week on business

Thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 06:49 PM
mgrotel

feel the need to show my car for some reason.

as it sits today