Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Tuning??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:02 PM
JustAnotherZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning??

Ok, I may get called a noob for this one but would like seriois opinions. So I just hooked up my vortech kit that I got from another member here. Used identical set up and both non rev engines, he has a utec with the tune he used he lives in florida I live in illinois, I am buying the same injectors he used. This is where I need opinions, will there be much of a difference in the tune due to our location differences? He has had the car in ky and said it ran just as good.... Any input helps thanks.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
JustAnotherZ

Dammit I posted this from my phone and double posted. And damn thing wont let me delete... Fail
Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 PM
chaparro78

Originally Posted by JustAnotherZ
Ok, I may get called a noob for this one but would like seriois opinions. So I just hooked up my vortech kit that I got from another member here. Used identical set up and both non rev engines, he has a utec with the tune he used he lives in florida I live in illinois, I am buying the same injectors he used. This is where I need opinions, will there be much of a difference in the tune due to our location differences? He has had the car in ky and said it ran just as good.... Any input helps thanks.
Temperature and elevation will be the biggest factors, and unless you live in San Diego where it is 85 degrees 90% of the year, the tune will have its moments.

Living in Texas where it is 50 one day, 85 the next. 20 in the winter and 100 in the summer, there are a lot of variables. If everything is identical you might be ok. I would get it tuned for piece of mind. You should post this question in the FI section
Old 04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
JustAnotherZ

Originally Posted by chaparro78
Temperature and elevation will be the biggest factors, and unless you live in San Diego where it is 85 degrees 90% of the year, the tune will have its moments.

Living in Texas where it is 50 one day, 85 the next. 20 in the winter and 100 in the summer, there are a lot of variables. If everything is identical you might be ok. I would get it tuned for piece of mind. You should post this question in the FI section
Thanks for input, The car is only going to be driven on nicer days so I think il give it a shot.