Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

trip to forged

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 AM
kramykram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trip to forged

Well my boy and I took a trip to forged to get his stillen supercharged z tuned and to drop his brothers tt off. I was going to change out the injectors while there but turned out I did not come fullt prepared. We let the guys their take over. As they were pulling apart they called me out to the shop to point out problems. The supercharhed had been cracked and rewelded and somehow how water got into the plenum. The bolts holding the lower half of the lower plenum were jacked up and they had to be dremeled out. The day didn't turn out as we expected and the tune didn't happen. But ryan, shariff, and all the guys their are great. I give them props for what they do. Can't wait for the finished product today. We are not expecting massive numbers. That was never the plan. But after the stillen crap ecu died we figured a forged tune would be a step in the right direction. Will post dyno numbers later tonight.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ouch, that kinda sucks having to get all that stuff fixed. you are in good hands though!

cant wait to see the gains!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 AM
kramykram

Yeah man they have a great team here. When we come pick up the tt gonna get my hr tuned.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:32 AM
kramykram

Well home now and the trip to Forged was horrible. Not with the exprience but to find out the car is only making 3lbs of boost and only 250hp. After talking to Stillen they are saying it is a vacuum leak. Some how I doubt that. Anyone else had any problems with the Stillen Supercharger not making full boost. I did searches for Stillen supercharger but nothing in the lines of what I am looking for. It seems a bunch of older pages are missing as I remember there being an *** load of info years ago when I bought my 04z in 06 and were looking at boost options.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:18 AM
str8dum1

its a belt driven system. unless the blower is damaged or the belt is slipping, its a leak.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 AM
kramykram

Yeah I looked at the belt tensioner and it seems the bolt is bent and the tensioner crooked a little. I did a vaccuum pull and went around all spots with soap and water and didn't find anything. Ryan said that there were no drops in inlet air temps to show a leak either. But sisnce the still has that radiator mounter underneath to cool the supercharger I don't think temps with a leak would be that noticable. Gonna pull it back apart and chuck@stillen wants to see the dyno sheet.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM
kramykram

So I am now waiting for a reply from ryan@forged to find out an answer to a problem I spotted on the car that so much money was spent on. Don't get my wrong I am not knocking the work that was done by far. But I am a little dissapointed in what was found today as I was looking for vacuum leaks.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 785 Posts

post answer/problem else the cycle will continue.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:23 AM
kramykram

I have the boost problem fixed. Its what I found. He told us they hired some new techs because of all the business they were getting. Just waiting on Ryan.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:13 AM
rh_334

Originally Posted by kramykram
So I am now waiting for a reply from ryan@forged to find out an answer to a problem I spotted on the car that so much money was spent on. Don't get my wrong I am not knocking the work that was done by far. But I am a little dissapointed in what was found today as I was looking for vacuum leaks.
I have the boost problem fixed. Its what I found. He told us they hired some new techs because of all the business they were getting. Just waiting on Ryan.

Any details on what exactly what the problem was? They shouldn't have let the car leave the shop with a boost leak after they reinstalled everything.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:14 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

this thread totally confuses me.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
derekinthez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like he's saying his problems were resolved
Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 AM
rh_334

Originally Posted by derekinthez
sounds like he's saying his problems were resolved
This is the way i interpreted it:

They thought the car was fine, they took it to Forged to get tuned. During which Forged found other problems which they supposedly fixed, but apparently not since it was only boosting 3psi, and now he has found a problem that Forged either caused or didn't fix like they should have.

Maybe OP will confirm or correct this
Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 AM
str8dum1

did you even read the 1st post? how is bringing in broken parts the tuning shops responsibility?

As they were pulling apart they called me out to the shop to point out problems. The supercharger had been cracked and rewelded and somehow how water got into the plenum. The bolts holding the lower half of the lower plenum were jacked up and they had to be dremeled out.
Originally Posted by rh_334
This is the way i interpreted it:

They thought the car was fine, they took it to Forged to get tuned. During which Forged found other problems which they supposedly fixed, but apparently not since it was only boosting 3psi, and now he has found a problem that Forged either caused or didn't fix like they should have.

Maybe OP will confirm or correct this
Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 AM
rh_334

Originally Posted by str8dum1
did you even read the 1st post? how is bringing in broken parts the tuning shops responsibility?
Yes i read the first post, and i took it that he is now pissed because they paid to have the repairs made and they were not correctly. Its not like Forged is just a tuner, they worked on the car and it left with issues. (once again that is how i interpreted his posts)
Old 04-21-2011, 03:26 PM
kramykram

I have talked with Ryan yes I have a problem, but it seems their is not much I can do about it. I found the boost problem and it was a loose belt. I was very happy with the work they did. Just not happy with something I had found. I am not going to say anything else about it. We were scheduled for just a tune. Unfortunatly since the car had other problems, with me trying to install the fuel injectors. I did not have the tools needed with me to pull the supercharger off, so we let them do it. This was totally no on the schedule for them but they did it anyways. We were scheduled to just get a tune, which was pushed back to the following day which was not scheduled. Shariff got it in and got it tuned. Their were other problems with a bad o2 sensor, and it not making boost over 3lbs. We drove home I checked for vacuum leaks, before I realized the belt had stretched a lot. So I ground down the tensionar a bit and it resolved the problem. But now the car is currently listed for sale. My boy wants a 370 now.