Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

uprev options

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:33 PM
z33_cliff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uprev options

Heres my situation, I made a deal with a guy I know to transfer his uprev license from his ECU onto mine. Eveything was done at dynosty by Hal, this was done a year ago. All I got was the license installed, I didnt get a cable and im looking to get one. I want to know if I have osiris pro enabled so I can do my own tuning and I all I have to do is buy the cable from uprev thats $225.

Does having the 5 map switch capability with the cruise switch tell me osiris pro is enabled on my car?
Old 10-11-2014, 10:08 PM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

If you get a new cable there will be a new license on it; must remove old license from ecu before the new license from new cable can be installed. Never heard of this scenerio; you may need that old cable to uninstall it onto unless there is a way to just delete if from your ecu. The license delete is basically like a reflash that moves it back to the cable. Sorry if it sounds confusing, but most every time there is a cable to reflash it back onto.

You can't do anything with your existing license on your ecu because you don't have a cable to use Cipher/Osiris to log or reflash. I don't know if UpRev sells non licensed cables that can mate with an ecu license or not. Hope it makes sense and I wish you good luck with it.

Last edited by BigBlue; 10-11-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:30 PM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^yup he can buy just the cable if the license is already in the ECU. He can just plug it in and run the software to confirm what type of license he has, whether it is the PRO or the Standard.

Edit: I meant "Tuner Version" instead of Pro. my bad.

Last edited by 350Zdj; 10-12-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:04 AM
BigBlue

Originally Posted by 350Zdj
^yup he can buy just the cable if the license is already in the ECU. He can just plug it in and run the software to confirm what type of license he has, whether it is the PRO or the Standard.
Thanks, that's good to know.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:39 AM
z33_cliff

Yeah uprev sells an interface cable for $225, but what I need to know is if I have the tuner version and not the standard version.

More info about this, the guy I got the license from had it tuned for his greddy tt kit... from my understanding osiris standard isnt used for FI and has no map switch capability and the tuner version is used for FI and has map switch capabilities..... I can switch 5 maps on my car and see the cruise light blink according to the amount of times I push the cancel button but all are base maps so theres no change is the way the car runs, im assuming I have the tuner version since I have that option to switch maps... or am I wrong?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:49 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

There is only one type of Osiris license. Regardless of how you get it they are all identical. Whether you have map switching capabilities or not is determined by your specific ECU, not the type of license.

The difference between standard and tuner is in the reflash cable. You can buy the basic reflash cable for $225 and have essentially an Osiris standard kit, or the Tuner add on for $400 and have Osiris tuner version.

Pro is only for licensed protuners.

The cables are not linked to any one single ECU or Osiris license; since you have the license but no cable you can use ANY Uprev cable to reflash it or remove the license, as long as that cable does not already have a license on it.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Drako_MDx

Originally Posted by z33_cliff
Heres my situation, I made a deal with a guy I know to transfer his uprev license from his ECU onto mine. Eveything was done at dynosty by Hal, this was done a year ago. All I got was the license installed, I didnt get a cable and im looking to get one. I want to know if I have osiris pro enabled so I can do my own tuning and I all I have to do is buy the cable from uprev thats $225.

Does having the 5 map switch capability with the cruise switch tell me osiris pro is enabled on my car?
Just call Hal and let him know you want cable and tuner upgrade... He'll hook it up.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:39 PM
BigBlue

Yeah uprev sells an interface cable for $225, but what I need to know is if I have the tuner version and not the standard version.

More info about this, the guy I got the license from had it tuned for his greddy tt kit... from my understanding osiris standard isnt used for FI and has no map switch capability and the tuner version is used for FI and has map switch capabilities..... I can switch 5 maps on my car and see the cruise light blink according to the amount of times I push the cancel button but all are base maps so theres no change is the way the car runs, im assuming I have the tuner version since I have that option to switch maps... or am I wrong?
Yeah, the Standard is for FI also. I'm FI; SC and have 5 tuned maps for it; one map is for 95 octane performance map with timing tweaks.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:52 PM
z33_cliff

So basically if someone bought the tuner version for there car installed it, tuned it him self blah blah and everything worked as it should. Later down the road lost or broke the cable they got with it. Do they have to buy the tuner add on all over again or can they buy just the $225 interface cable uprev sells?
Old 10-12-2014, 04:12 PM
BigBlue

So basically if someone bought the tuner version for there car installed it, tuned it him self blah blah and everything worked as it should. Later down the road lost or broke the cable they got with it. Do they have to buy the tuner add on all over again or can they buy just the $225 interface cable uprev sells?
I wish that I could help you with the answer. I wouldn't think that a tuner license could be loaded onto a blank cable though. Maybe you could contact UpRev, but sometimes it takes some time for them to get back to you.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:19 PM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the license is unmarried from the cable and then loaded onto the ECU, then you don't worry about replacing the cable.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:49 AM
BigBlue

Originally Posted by 350Zdj
If the license is unmarried from the cable and then loaded onto the ECU, then you don't worry about replacing the cable.
The thing is that without a cable, you can't make the Cipher logs needed to create new Osiris tunes (or even clear codes). If the OP can get his license that's on his ecu to jive with a new $225 cable, I'd say that is a great deal and should definitely go for that.

Last edited by BigBlue; 10-13-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:23 AM
Suwaidi

I think you would have to buy the tuner-add on again. When I purchased the add-on for my cable, I ran a license report based on the cable and not on the license on my ECU (the license was purchased when I had a pro-tune done, the cable was purchased separately) in order to get ROM Editor access. When I want to access ROM Editor, I plug in the cable to my PC without connecting to my car, so I believe the ROM Editor access is based on the cable itself.

The 5 map switch capability only reminds you that you have a tune with 5 maps. The cruise light may or may not flash depending on the version of your tune.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:59 PM
z33_cliff

So then I need to buy the tuner add on and the cable that comes with it gives me the access to alter maps and everything? Now my next question is, does the cable come with a stock base map or when I get this cable and plug it in are the bin files blank?
Old 10-27-2014, 05:16 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

So then I need to buy the tuner add on and the cable that comes with it gives me the access to alter maps and everything? Now my next question is, does the cable come with a stock base map or when I get this cable and plug it in are the bin files blank?
Yep that's the one you need. You will be able to get the stock maps for your ECU with it
Old 10-27-2014, 08:19 AM
Suwaidi

To modify maps, you’ll need the cable, the tuner add-on, and the file you want to edit. You will not be able to pull the existing tune off your car. You will however be able to download and edit your stock ROM. You could always request your tune file from your tuner (make sure it's not password protected), but that's up to them whether they would share the file or not. FYI -- UpRev.com's e-Tunes are password protected.