Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Nissan says uprev is hindering my tpms?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 04:38 PM
vegasanthony

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Nissan says uprev is hindering my tpms?

So last year I decided to get new rubber the TPMS were going bad so I replaced Rubber and all TPMS.. since the day install the card never read them I've been this way for about a year discount said it was Nissan to reprogram. I take it to Nissan they say that they're consult can't read anything in a generic does find them working but the car cannot read the TPMS..

So the Nissan technician writer guy tells me it's because I am using an after-market tune on the computer he asked if it was a piggyback I said no

Basically what I'm asking can a uprev tune mess with my TPMS.. or the ability of the consult to read TPMS error

Last edited by vegasanthony; 11-08-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:07 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Honestly some workers at the dealership know as much as your wife or gf about actual car things.

It's a min wage job for anyone and everyone willing to use a wrench and read a manual. It could be true but I don't see how. But don't assume dealership guys are experts. Most of my local dealers employ the auto shop kids who did more playing around and texting than actually learning and putting wrench time in for grades or fun.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:28 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasanthony
Basically what I'm asking can a uprev tune mess with my TPMS.. or the ability of the consult to read TPMS error
No it cannot
Old 11-09-2017, 08:40 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

My tpms is fine with Uprev.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasanthony
So last year I decided to get new rubber the TPMS were going bad so I replaced Rubber and all TPMS.. since the day install the card never read them I've been this way for about a year discount said it was Nissan to reprogram. I take it to Nissan they say that they're consult can't read anything in a generic does find them working but the car cannot read the TPMS..

So the Nissan technician writer guy tells me it's because I am using an after-market tune on the computer he asked if it was a piggyback I said no

Holy hell, dude. Periods and comma's are your friends.
The following users liked this post:
iideadeyeii (11-09-2017)